Revert the Saron to a single shot high damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Champagon

I say we keep it the way it is now until it is considered "OP" in some stat cherry picked thread that will lead to the nerf of the Saron.

PPA Anyone?
    • Up x 1
  2. dngray

PPA is OP but not as fun to use as the old Saron single shot sniper cannon. Oh how I miss the old Saron.
  3. eldarfalcongravtank

no, leave my saron as it is. i actually love it with the "mag-dump" ability at closerange. it melts any vehicle that got way too close to your magrider within seconds
  4. LibertyRevolution

Old Saron was OP, new Saron is useless against infantry, 3 direct hits to kill is worthless, and that is why you get PPA spam..

They need to nerf the Enforcers range to be comparable with vulcan and Saron.
    Right now the NC have they best ES secondary, on the highest armored, highest damage tank...
    How about we make the enforcer useless beyond 50m, and make it take half a mag of direct hits to kill infantry..

What do VS get?? Slowest tank, biggest tank, lowest damage, lowest velocity, worst drop, lowest arc of fire, can only aim forward.
    And the positives?? If you fully upgrade racer chassis and magburner, you can get places a stock harasser can...
  5. Scorponok

well you should have rolled NC ^^ shield that provides protection, and nice damage per shot :D
  6. jiggu

I wan the old Saron back, it felt so good.
  7. Ronin Oni

Halberd has drop, doesn't need change.

Also, just use Halberd. Learn the drop. Be more effective than Saron with delay.
  8. Ronin Oni

o_O

Enforcer never had lockon... not that I remember. (I bought it on release)

And also, I far prefer the new Enforcer. Old enforcer was just another Halberd with a different sight.
  9. MorganM

Either A) you don't get it or B) you just want your OP toy back.
  10. BadLlama

Enforcer in beta was a halberd that could dumbfire or lock on.
    • Up x 1
  11. Archiadus

Off topic but you should change your sig. a bit, the iwinshield is still there :rolleyes:.
  12. AshHill07

The irony is they changed the Saron to make it less like the Halberd, by making it a slightly modified Enforcer.

Also why did the Enforcer get its lock on removed? Any why does the cross hair look more like it was designed to work like the Mana AV Turret? The current cross hair is crap for a weapon with bullet drop.
  13. BadAsElite

Again that Higby quite of "Vanu only use somthing when it's OP".
  14. Ronin Oni

Ah, I never had it until release.

Beta was hard to get crap. No SC shortcuts, XP gains were CRAZY low back then, it was all I could do to pick 1 class or vehicle back then and get what I could before the next wipe.
  15. Phyr

I love quotes out of context. Great for dumbing down the entire debate.
  16. TheBlindFreak

Pointing out that it's out of context while not providing the context isn't any better than using the quote out of context.
    • Up x 1
  17. Phyr

That quote was a response to VS not using the Vortex, which at the time (and still is to a degree) was a POS weapon.
    • Up x 1
  18. dngray

I think the perfect solution to this is to follow the current trend of VS weapons which are "charge up for more damage". The Saron could be spammy with low damage if it is not charged but we should be able to charge it up using more ammo but dealing more damage similar to the older version of a one shot high damage weapon.

This way the Saron can please the people that like it now and the way it used to be. It will be just as effect vs armor now and just as effective vs long range infantry shots like it used to be.
  19. BadAsElite

Meh I ment Quote lol (it's been a busy day). ;)
  20. Prudentia

yep
    PPA discussion in a nutshell.
    • Up x 2