Is any one else Losing intrest in the game with the worthless updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pr0methesus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. MaxDamage

Uh are you sure you're on the right game forum?
    This is for Planetside 2.

I prefered the old alerts, but aside from a few gripes, Planetside 2 is looking better than ever!

I swear, people like you must be paid by the competition to post crap like this.
    • Up x 1
  2. Flashtirade

I'm actually more interested in the game due to Directives. Sure, they're a bit of a grind, but come on. You can't tell me you woudln't want to use a weapon called the GODSAW at least once.
  3. entrailsgalore

There is no other game out there right now like Planetside 2 (Other than Planetside 1), so for a 500+ player 3 way faction battle FPS experience...this is it. So no, I'm not losing interest, as my yearning to experience large scale FPS combat isn't determined by whether updates are good or bad. Until there is another large scale MMOFPS similar to planetside 2 that features 3 factions, fully persistent continents, and customizable air/ground vehicles, gear, and weapons, and is better than Planetside 2, I will probably be playing Planetside 2 for a long time.
  4. Cest7

They're in the middle of a pipeline merge.

I feel these updates positively affect the game but will undergo some much needed tweaking in the near future.
  5. Bad News

I really dislike this update, zerg was bad before but now it is just stupid. It make me want to play less and less, this weekend i didnt play anything, well one hour on sunday but it took forever to log in. and now i did feel like playing again but i can't log in...

Normally after a big patch a lot of ppl is coming back but on cobalt i see less and less outfit members logging on...

Sky is falling. It is time to move on.
  6. Talthos

I've lost interest, frankly. Their insistence on using Level3 as a node provider on one hand (and the tripled ping it produced), and their overly intrusive business directive interfering with their own developers, well, I've had enough.

Remember when we used to get regular "hacker hunt" broadcasts by in game GMs? That gave a sense of security. At the very least, it implied that the devs still cared. Business directive killed that to save money all too quickly, however.

Farewell, Planetside. It's been fun, but I think I'm done with SOE for a while. May your former legacy rest along with that of old Blizzard Entertainment, pre-merger.
  7. tigerchips

I said almost indestructable, big difference. C4 was designed to blow things up, fact. Teamwork? Let me guess, your the sort of person who drives a Sundy into enemy territory and then leaves it unmanned! You see those two big guns on the top, they are pretty usefull, once both are manned, that's teamwork. An infilatrator putting down scout radar, helps too. But if you can't defend agaisn't one infantry, well, you playing a different Planetside to me.
  8. BadLlama

Do people just keep ignoring the fact that the resource change is Phase 1 of a 3 step phase? Of Course it's not in a perfect state since its only 33% done.
    • Up x 1
  9. tigerchips

Oh yes, simply amazing, walks out of base and... beep beep beep.
  10. khai

Just out of curiosity are you sure that the lack of hacker hunt messages may not be because there are so few hackers anymore. When the messages were common everyone saw quite a few hackers some of which were real but there is another thread around and most of the recent hacker sightings brought up are months in the past. Though I agree whatever they are doing with the networking needs to be fixed.
  11. tigerchips

I usually complain a lot about hackers in video games so it's probably true that this game is fairly free from hackers...

...as i've not seen any in a while.
  12. siiix

when this game came out i totally loved it , i purchased $100's of SC and i was a premium member , now its just mega lame and boring

i canceled my membership long time ago , and the new updates i dont even understand , what happened to the resources ?!?
    what happened to the certificates ?

game is so boring now its just sad :( i really miss the game i signed up for
  13. Rostklump

Which is why they should have waited until the remaining parts was finished before they relesed it since the entire game is mess right now. 33% done kinda says it all, you release somwething when its done not before otherwise you get a mess which is exactly what we have now.

There used to be a timer and a cost for vehicles and maxes fro good reason now both are gone which at least in my opinion made the game much less fun to play.
    There used to be a reason to take capture and defend bases now there isn't.

Even if this is only temporary it was a very bad thing to do since in its current state it will make many players angry.
    Once they gets to phase 2 many people will have become used to unlimited resources and so they will complain instead so they will have manages to upset most of their players at one point or another in.

No they should have finished the new resource system first then released it, even then im sure it would need some tweeking and some people getting upset in the process but not like what they have now.
  14. dedgaem

This game became barely acceptable for 12 year old pubbies dealing with motoric inaccuracy due to their quick growing.
  15. Thesweet

because all of us haven't already seen hundreds of games with guns, and grenades. I bet even the next cod will have a but load of re skinned AR,SMG, LMG, and shotties, exciting stuff.
  16. BoomBoom4You

My membership runs out in September and I've been logging in periodically to see what the new updates are, and every time I'm more disappointed than the last. It's over, this game is barely supported by SOE, and will wither and die. Not all games can be great, this one had potential but it just wasn't meant to be.
  17. tigerchips

Did he just mention Cod? I should have left earlier.
  18. Thesweet

Why? Did I hit a nerve there? Ps2 has all the same game mechanics and play as a cod match, just on a larger scale. If ps2 was a small 64 player map then it would resemble bf4. If it was reduced even further to a 16 player tdm it would be a cod look a like. The core of this game is like every other shooter apart from ones like brink, i don't think anyone else has introduced parkour into a shooter like it has.
  19. Wecomeinpeace

What lol?
    I am quite frankly the opposite of what you are describing there. Why would i propagate teamwork otherwise? Also you are expecting teamwork from the people defending the sundy, but not from the people attacking it? Lol what?

I just feel, more often than not, teamwork is simply not required in this game, which i don't like very much. Before they added the shield taking down a sundy did not require teamwork at all. Now it does. And if it is being defended by just one guy it will go down.
    So both sides need to work together more. Which is what i like. That is all.
  20. iller

ScriptKiddies never get "fewer", they just get less blatant

They will always be around because this game's "gunplay" is so one-dimensional and attracts their "kind"