Is any one else Losing intrest in the game with the worthless updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pr0methesus, Aug 10, 2014.

1. void666

Not me. Game is better than ever.
    • Up x 4
  2. Leftconsin

I like the directives system. I've been spending money on the game recently, too.
  3. Jalek

I just want the third seat of a sunderer to stop being a suicide seat. If you exit from there, you get flung from the vehicle, but if the fall kills you, the brief moment on the death screen shows you right next to the vehicle. Died more to that than bullets, didn't realize how many times I used AA turrets then got out to shoot the LA's (doesn't work when you're suddenly 60m away and nearly dead).
  4. Pr0methesus

Personally, im looking forward for the new Valkyrie, but there's alot here which changed since beta. And i want to see items more than cosmetic, like the Infantry armor looks should be unique in different ways for example, Composite armor adds 5% resistance to small arms, while Drakon adds 5% resistance to Explosives, while the Directive Araxium plated adds 6.5% resistance from Small arms and Explosives, or the Wheels for wheeled vehicles should add more grip to sand, snow, mud, or grass... etc, like those small things would make me buy it all, Or different helmets have different HUD's , Seeing small stuff like that, would make the game more interesting, or at least adding a poll or 2 every month to see what player prefer for a upcoming update regarding buffs/nerfs.
    Yes i understand the game is fairly new, but doesnt mean kill it right away.

honestly miss when the moon was up, and you could look up in awe by all the tracers flying around... what a beauty .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Pew pew pew Pew pew pew Pew pew pew ya know?
  5. Pikachu

Don't wory th valktrue will come tjis month... at the end of it. No higj expecrations me have.
    • Up x 1
  6. MiZrY

Just came back a week ago after having a year off. I'm having fun.

Go take a break or something.
    • Up x 1
  7. siiix

i dont play that often but i log in once in a while and
    to be honest i dont even understand ?! so you can not customize classes and vehicles anymore at all ?

so certs are only good to buy weapons and attachments ?

if so why ? what would be the possible advantage of this ?
  8. Crayv

At least this game has been getting better updates than TF2 has been getting the last couple of years.
  9. Elrobochanco

Updates may not always have the exact things you want, but the game has been steadily improving overall. A lot of the little UI/feedback changes are very huge when show the game to people who don't play every week.

And as others mentioned it's basically impossible to find any game that compares in terms of FPS / MMO / frequency of updates that are making big changes to gameplay systems. Of course for some people who want things to be relatively static, all change is bad. And if you play every day you might not think some changes are very large while they have very big implications overall/in the future (re: directives and resources).

Even though it took almost 2 years for me to finally get my most requested feature (throw ammo with F), game is still better than everything I've tried in that span. BF is a mess that's slowly getting triaged into being not the worst in the series, COD is still boring, MMOS like Firefall basically just feel like grindathons like Global agenda, Tribes was thrown into a ditch by its owners. Support on other games is a lot worse than we have it here.

I'm tired of complaining that new things are broken, it's a Higby'ing miracle we get so much new stuff to be broken.
  10. NC_agent00kevin

^ This

^ And this

^ and this

If the game were exactly what it was at release I would likely have lost interest or at very least cancelled subscription and just played it part time. I even opposed the lettuce system at first but its does what its supposed to now - though I still stand behind my view that the maps should have been designed to force the same effect as opposed to just drawing lines on it and calling it good.

All in all, Im happy. Sure, SOE has tossed us a few 'head scratchers' and it can get frustrating at times, but Ive started cutting them a little more slack as its got to be difficult to work with a game with hundreds of players all doing battle together.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ikissyourface

They are wasting their time and effort. Resource revamp phase 2 should have been the utmost priority and should have been done long before implants, new ribbons, directives, new alerts. Those things are fine but resource revamp phase 2 is what is truly needed to have the most impact on the game. Why the resource revamp took so long and why it wasn't prioritized before implants, new ribbons, directives, new alerts is beyond my comprehension. As of now there isn't even an estimated release date for resource revamp phase 2 so who knows when it will come and who knows what other less-essential things they decide to prioritize first.
    • Up x 2
  12. Latrodectus

Directives had a chance to make something to strive for, but they've mostly made me hate the game. Rocket primary is off the charts right now.
  13. Axehilt

Whoa, challenge was removed for you? So you win all your fights easily, with zero deaths and all the kills? Tell me how, please. (PS I'm unwilling to cheat.)
  14. MasterCheef

I'm not a big fan of the last update, but if the updates are making you LESS interested in playing- then maybe you were never enjoying yourself to begin with.
  15. Klypto

What challenge was removed?
  16. iller

These Updates sound good on paper. I'm sure they're not hurting anything.

I just haven't come back b/c I'm still waiting for either Fully-Automatics to be less uber Head-Shotty Super-TTK at all ranges,
    ...or for Railjack to get a proper role/revamp. Until I see one of those things happen, there's just nothing "new" for me to personally experience that I haven't already seen 1000 times or more by now. I just get bored too quickly of holding down the mouse1 button after exploiting interpolation or corner-peaking all the time. Need some sort of variety in the infantry game here.
  17. tigerchips

"Third-person instead of first-person, longer time to kill, more melee combat"

WTH is this? OMG, get me out of here. Words fail me.
    • Up x 1
  18. tigerchips

At the moment, it feels like one giant deathmatch with infantry.

I think there are several things that make this game bad now...

1) Merging Miller with Woodman.
    2) Making sunderers almost indestructable when deployed.
    3) Nerfing all blast damage for flak armour, which in itself was a daft idea to implement. I like to call it "Random Gameplay".
    4) Making mazes out of every base, so nobody knows where they are, and where they are going. Balance is leaning towards the attacking side simply because the defenders can't see anything for walls. Well, i say that, but it all depends on if the attackers find the entrance, and believe me, it'll be a 5 minute run around just to get past one wall .
    5) Metal shields next to spawn rooms, so we can't hit the Libs, as if the mountains aren't bad enough.
    6) More than 100ms latency on a server that is based in Europe. Getting hit behind corners, dying at same time as enemy, C4 not going off because already dead, enemies facing the wrong way while shooting at you (yeah, figure that one out).
    7) Resource revamp, i can spawn an awful lot of tanks before running out, so it seems as though they need to decrease the resource points. I never run out of utility resources even though i spawn a lot of tanks, so something is wrong with that.
  19. Moz

I dont think there needs to be any study mate, 99% sure i can give you the answer and 99.5% sure you think its the same! :D
    • Up x 1
  20. Wecomeinpeace

Quite honestly, i'm undecided on this whole matter.

I like being able to pull magrider after magrider (i managed to find so many cool spots in the past few days simply because i could pull new mags when the inevitable suicide happened - on that note, fix the vehicle/world physics, jeez lol).

I don't like that territories completely lost any meaning beyond cont locking though. Warpgated? Who cares, i can pull my stuff anyways.

The perfect (and imo bloody obvious) solution would have been to tie resources to owned territory (just like before), but make the whole thing GLOBAL. That way you wouldn't run into a situation where you are warpgated and stuck on a starved continent while maintaining some meaning for capturing territory.

But what i really don't like is this whole "Phase-One-Side" BS. I really hope SOE learns from this crap for future projects, because making a game this way is tiresome and annoying for all parties involved.

Edit: As for the point of sunderes being "indestructable"...guys, c'mon...you have to be kidding me. They are now how they should be, no longer can a single squishy just sprint to it and blow it up in a nanosecond. You actually have to use TEAMWORK now, mindblowing i know...
    • Up x 1