Truth-telling: What do you do when ally and enemy are both in your line of fire?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thrasis, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Vanir

I would stop firing, unless I am using my MCG, but that is just because the MCG takes time to reach it's full ROF, and to stop firing it until the enemy is dead is suicide.
  2. DorianOmega

I try to apply trigger control, cant avoid all friendly fire incidents but I don't kill friendlies for a kill steal for stupid kdr like 80% of the player base does.
    if some idiot team mate isn't even reacting to a guy in front of him then I'l have no problems mowing him down, his lack of awareness would have gotten his team mates killed.
  3. lawn gnome

for a while i just always held my fire. now... it depends. if i was already firing and they should have been able to easily see the shots then i just keep firing (at some point they need to learn). if i am in my skyguard and a friendly magrider decides that parking on top of my face to repair is a good idea then i will plink away firing around one shot a second until he realizes that he is being a moron.
  4. MajiinBuu

I stop firing. I figure my ally will take care of the enemy.
    It amazes me how many people think they're worth more than the other ally and simply shoot them away just to kill the bad guy. If I'm firing and someone walks in front of me I just take a single step to the side to avoid them. 2000 hours and I've NEVER had a weapons lock that was unintentional. Not even kidding.
  5. WUNDER8AR

If the enemy is in the middle of a group of allies I will spray everyone down who is in my way if need be cus otherwise he will probably drop mines/C4 and kill all of us anyways. Otherwise I'll let off the trigger
  6. Alchemist44

When Im already shooting at an enemy and an ally gets between us, I dont stop firing (many times Im so distracted by the enemy itslef that I realize it too late that there is someone else between us now anyways :p). This happens relatively often when Im playing as a double mutilator MAX defending a cap point. When Im running around and Im seeing an enemy behind an ally I wont shoot THROUGH my ally just to hit the enemy, thats just stupid :D
  7. Tamas

Fire.

The enemy will kill the person infornt and then me. Always some idiots who run in front of a door while there are 6 people behind exchanging fire with enemy on the other side. Such players deserve no mercy.
  8. TomoB

I try to use my masterful surgeon skills and hit the enemy but usually I end up killing friendly and then enemy kills me while I'm in serious mental shock. Bummer.

Most teamkills happen though because of that stupid clipping of players when I'm ADSing and then friendly decides to play ghost and slip into my body, my bullets hit him even if I can't see him in my sights. Seriously can't anything be done about this, maybe no FF damage when players are molded together or something...
  9. Asageh

continue shooting, if the ally dies, it's his fault anyways.
  10. Astriania

I've got a pretty strong 'shoot away' reflex to the friendly fire noise so I usually stop even when it's not appropriate.
  11. lawn gnome

i had one once back in beta, back when the magmower reached out and collected the souls of any friendly infantry within a 5 meter radius of you. even with my somewhat stern disciplinary methods, i have never been weapons locked for actually shooting friendlies.
  12. uhlan

There are many reasons why friendlies walk in front of you while firing.

1. They don't know you're firing because of latency.

2. You don't know they're crossing your LOF until too late because of latency.

3. Testosterone has leaked into their brain at ridiculous proportions and all they see if the "enemy" and cross your line of fire.

4. Absolutely zero situational awareness.

5. Think they're playing a solo FPS with friendly fire nerf (You mean those are real people behind those avatars?!).
  13. Pacster3

To be fair: Those 6 dudes are likely exactly the kind of idiots that are sitting outside exchanging fire with 3 enemies that are just capturing the point with 30 seconds left on the clock. And they do not move at all...resulting in a lost region. How dare you to try to run in to the capture point there?
  14. johnway

In most cases i try to stop shooting and retreat. A Max may run in front of me when i'm firing at a target and thus i can stop. There are times when its too late and people get hurt. If i get hit in friendly fire during a fight i don't really get annoyed. i've done the same thing and understand these things happen. Ok there are some times when i do get annoyed but its never as annoying as say, some stupid troll/idiot decides to kill friendlies in a warp gate -and gets away with it.
  15. Nurath

I try to avoid friendly fire but some nights I just seem to get a handful of team kills.

The battlefield is a chaotic place and I can only help so much when I'm shooting an enemy and friendlies bravely jump between us to take his (and my) bullets for me.

Good lads, shame I keep getting the kill notice, it should either be the enemy's kill or a suicide. :D
  16. Antich

When that happens i ask myself 2 things:
    1. is the friendly an outfit member?
    If yes, disengage or flank
    If no, 2. do i have enough bullets to kill both?
    If yes, kill the fker so i get a clear shot to the enemy(if it was the other way around he would have TKed me most like also so no sweat)
    If no, disengage or flank
  17. Arkenbrien

Anyone who gets in front of my firing weapon automatically becomes an enemy, therefore, this situation does not apply.
  18. ShadowyN

If they are using giraffe/faction neutral(aka You're Asking For It) camo: Keep firing.
    Otherwise: Stop firing until line of sight is unobstructed once more.

There are exceptions, though.
    Driving my vanguard, I once idly shot at an enemy lib in the distance. Shortly after, a teamkill showed up on my kill-feed, my round having hit a friendly, dog-fighting reaver who had become sandwiched between the lib and a scythe.
    He told me he "wasn't even mad(he would have died anyway)", only amazed that I actually hit him.
  19. Casterbridge

Usually I hold fire but sometimes I toss grenades and let Higby sort them out
  20. Gearlock

I hate when it happens when Im sniping and totally 1 shot someone because they walked over the hill in front of me and I shot them in the thigh while they were under fire.

I used to feel bad.

Now I just feel like I wasted a bullet.