Test Server Update Notes : 7/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 1, 2014.

1. CHDT65

All this mess could have been easily avoided, if the bases have been put, topographically, at places which make sense and if the very nice anti-tank barreers we have already in the game were more cleverly placed.
    • Up x 2
  2. JOups

Why, just why? coming from a main Infantry Player, i can´t understand, not support any of this Tank changes...

Do you remember the time, where a HE Tank could should into a blob of Infantry and most of them died? I can... and that were good times.
    Problem in this time were the BAD base design, so a tank could easly drive inside that base.
    Since Esamir, Amerish and Hossin, this has almost gone. So there is just no need to nerf tanks any further...

After this Patch, there would be no sense to pull a tank, because you have to fear infantry even more. And a Antipersonal Tank soudld be the absolut nemesis against footzergs...
    Infantry fights belong inside and alongside bases, NOT between them.
    Infantry should deside the fight at a Base. Vehicles should deside the fights between a base and if you can approach to the next base.
    And hell, if a base is shelled with by tanks. Set up a vehcile Strike from one base behind and rip their farmasses appart.
    There so many possiblitis.
    -counter tankattack
    -c4 and mine Flash
    -Aircrafts and liberator.
    -Galaxydrops inbetween the standing tanks..

Bringing the Tankcannons on par is the next thing, i can´t understand...

SOE please explain us at least the reason and the goals you see behind this...

If this patch will come... well you should buff the health of a Tank by double the amount, so it realy becomes a threat against infantry again. Right now its just free XP.

Planetside stands for Combined arms, it will lose this factor if vehicles except EFS are just a sidegrade feature and not a core mechanic...

TL:DR:

These Tankchanges are garbage... They should buff tanks instead to make them more interessting, we have the bases for strong tanks now.
    • Up x 5
  3. JOups

Oh and if a tank would finaly be as strong as it should be I would be willing to pay 500 resources to get one...
    • Up x 1
  4. CHDT65

• Up x 2
  5. CHDT65

"SOE please explain us at least the reason and the goals you see behind this..."

Probably, PS2 developers were playing COD during their youth.

And as they don't play their own game as much and as long as most of the players here....
    • Up x 1
  6. StiltonNinja

Really don't agree with these changes, tweaking purely for the sake of it. Infantry are supposed to be s**t scared of tanks. I get annoyed when killed by HE rounds, but slow reload time counters this- I know I've got a few seconds between shots to run for cover. Reducing reload time will actually make it worse, you can spam without being careful where you place your shots.

If anything, you should be increasing the difference between tank ammo types. If you think of AP rounds as a high speed kinetic penetrator (and who doesn't love a penetrator?) they would have zero splash damage and very high direct damage. Choosing this round type should be a tactical decision to support, or destroy, anti infantry HE tanks, but make you more vulnerable to infantry which you can't kill unless with a direct hit. Making the ammo types more similar makes about as much sense as wearing bikini in a snowstorm.

If you must decrease effectiveness of lightning, then at least increase the ammo count. It'll take half a mag of AP rounds to kill an MBT or Sunderer now.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hegeteus

MBT main cannons can't one-hit esfs if these changes happen?
  8. xArchAngelx

How about instead of nerfing tanks, you fix the bases where you can't drive a tank right up to the spawn room?

Don't nerf tanks, you should Buff Bases.
    • Up x 4
  9. FourTwoFour

Well, I think it's time I quit this game, the same way I quit Battlefield 4. I was already thinking about quitting because of how laggy the European servers are during prime time, ping being unstable, but this will definitely help even further! Too bad I just bought a membership for 6 months and spent $250 on your game because of what you stood for. Money is something I don't really care about. It's your pathetic attitude.

You pretend that you care about what the community has to say, but I have a feeling you're already following some master plan which is in place because of the consoles. You're just pretending that you care about what we have to say so we can feel like we're not being left out, but you've already shown us that no matter what we say, some new patch will appears every week that is in the opposite direction of what we've discussed on Reddit/PlanetSide 2 Forums or the meeting which you specifically asked us to attend on TS3.

Instead of asking all good tank drivers to help you balance things out, you just nerf random things hoping to make things better. That'll never work and you'll only lose players. How hard is it to ask us? I'll be glad to help you balance things out. I'm sure there are many other people who're willing to do the same, such as Klypto, Alarox, Flag, Calisai, Frozen-K and so on.

But it seems that you just like watering down your game to infantry peasants. So much for having combined arms. Infantry > Armor & Air.

Before anyone calls me a tank farmer, I use AP only and I'm also an INI member. I play infantry a lot.

Short version: We'll have reduced damage for all shells including AP, reduced velocity and increased gravity. Both gravity and velocity will also be applied to the Halberd. Combined with reverse changes, you'll never be able to kill a target at range if the said target is not bad at the game. Reverse into cover. No fear of death.

You're doing it wrong and I find it quite funny actually. Asking the community isn't that hard.
    • Up x 4
  10. GrizzV

Planetside 2... the game where you run into a dude with a rocket launcher, you take a rocket to the face, and are pretty much guaranteed to win that fight, because it won't kill you, and it takes him forever to switch weapons or reload.

Planetside 2... the game where a tank shell explodes a foot away from you, and you take less damage than you would from a pistol round (prowler splash dmg 350, commish dmg 400+)

Planetside 2... the game where 1 infantry can walk up to a tank, slap some C4 on it, smile, take a tank round to the face, and blow up the tank, get a quick heal, and get back in action like nothing happened.

Planetside 2... the game where the biggest and baddest rocket launcher in the game can land a shot barely over 1 foot away from you, and you won't feel a thing (Decimator blast radius 0.35 meters... that's barely over 1 foot). Picture this: Real life, you hold out your hand, throw an apple up in the air, then pull your hand back. I hit that apple with an RPG, and you barely feel a draft..... Who needs health insurance when explosives can't kill you?

Seriously... slap some walls on bases and leave tanks as-is. You kinda over-did it on Esamir, but Amerish is almost there. You CAN do it.

BTW... tank shell to the face should hit you. Explosion 1 foot away should either kill you, or make you reconsider breakfast.
    • Up x 5
  11. ThePyroRussian

the question we should be asking is what can we do that is better than both of these ideas (all though logic base placement seems like it should be done to. Why is it ever a good idea to build a base in a whole with walls. how does that make sense?)
  12. CHDT65

• Up x 1
  13. CEGrif

i see SOE's Nerf Everything policy is back in action
    • Up x 3
  14. CHDT65

In fact, situation is very simple.
    PS2 pc game must be harmonized for the console re.***** variant.
    Don't forget also the COD style lamers.
  15. FishMcCool

You want to address infantry-farming tanks, so you nerf the AP, one of their best predators?

I guess it makes sense in a game where lib farming was addressed by nerfing the AH. :rolleyes:
  16. Evilsooty

Just leave the bloody tanks alone! If I get a direct hit on infantry with an AP shell which has practically no splash damage and is difficult to do at range as it is they should die in one shot.

How many more nerfs can tanks have?

Will the plethora of infantry anti-vehicle weapons available to all but one class be nerfed to compensate for this? Doubt it.
    • Up x 1
  17. Evilsooty

Exactly. I have had AP on my Prowler since day one as my primary target is enemy armour and sundies. I have not been farming infantry (you can look at the number of vehicle kills in my profile), yet am being handicapped. Why are ALL aspects of tanking being nerfed?

I haven't seen any posts calling for a reduction in the effectiveness of AP loadouts. Nuts.
    • Up x 2
  18. EliteEskimo

Hey guys it would be a solid idea to talk about the tank related issues on Reddit as well since the developers seem to comment there often. Feel free to post your opinions in this thread I just made as I'm hoping we can get a developer response to our concerns if enough of us post. Keep in mind this thread is only in regards to the tank related changes, Thanks.

Reddit Thread Regarding Tank changes
    • Up x 1
  19. Kirppu1

If you are going to nerf tank guns- fine. But then we require something else to be buffed. For example armor of the tanks.
    This is really not the way to go. Instead try to fix hossin's performance, add PhysX back in to the game, this is the test server so you can put stuff early even if it does not work properly
    • Up x 2
  20. Kirppu1

I refuse to go to leddit, on par with 4chan on crappyness