Extended Server Maintenance June 24th - Server Merges

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 23, 2014.

1. cruczi

As you said, there was no definition of "a few changes". And it was in Twitter, not in this thread
  2. DooDooBreff

Sweet one less derper reading my posts is one less derper quoting me.

i wont be ignoring him. hes a valuable laughing stock
  3. 1CanSwingMySword

Can someone please tell me what is happening, 2 servers are being merged and i hear stuff like emerald and ****.
    So if someone could please tell me what's happening that'd be great
  4. Utrooperx

Personally, I think the "desync fix" was the hit detection fix...but only SoE knows for sure...how about it RadarX?

What was/is the "desync fix" for?
  5. Saval

@1CanSwingMySword

Waterson and Matherson are being merged together into one big server, which means more people to play with. The new server name will be called Emerald.
  6. NCwolf84

Waterson and Mattherson are being merged into one server and then the name going to be changed to Emerald.
  7. brobackoff

cant you unlock connery and the rest
  8. NostalgiaForInfinity

I'm getting the shakes now... Do I have an addiction?
  9. Ziggle

Supposedly other stuff is being added along with the merge, so that must be why all the servers are down. Just be patient and wait for them to be ready.
  10. cruczi

This is what confuses me as well. Desync fix could mean absolutely anything, I didn't even make the connection between that hit detection issues until two minutes ago. Kind of explains the out of proportion reaction against me though - not that I approve of it either way.
  11. SpectreGhostWTR

the game sometimes thinks that you are in another sector -> points flipping without pop (bc someone's "ghost" is there), you can hear SCU or gen warnings even without gens around (bc your "ghost" is somewhere else) or players are invincible (game thinks you're still at the warpgate -> no damage. that's why the invincibility at the warpgate was disabled to work around this bug)
  12. Amir

Why Don't you guys ever say when the servers will be back up? At least an estimated time please? thanks :)
  13. AnotherNoob

because giving out an eta when it comes to computer related issues is guesswork at best, you never know how things will work out, so they take the safer route of not saying anything at all to not piss people off when they get it wrong.
    • Up x 1
  14. Utrooperx

Mattherson and Waterson servers are being merged...the new server will be named Emerald and will be the sole East Coast USA Planetside2 server.

Supposedly, SoE was doing some other fixes, the content of which was not specified but was generally termed "desync fixes"...last week Smed, the president of SoE, posted on Reddit that SoE had discovered a issue that was affecting hit detection, suggesting that either it was affecting 20% of the players 100% of the time...or 100% of the players 20% of the time (this was not defined)...Smed promised a "fix" likely Monday in his Reddit post, however, there has been no mention of any "hit detection" fixes in the official PS2 forums, though RadarX did mention that the "planned desync fixes" for today would NOT be enacted until next week.

The new continent, Hossin, is supposed to go live Thursday...and some where in all this there was a vague mention of some other "QoL" issues being addressed.
  15. cruczi

They used to do that. But it was common that they missed the ETA, sometimes by hours, and it resulted in a bit of a backlash. Now updates are without ETA - i.e. When It's Ready.
    • Up x 1
  16. senondo

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  17. Bernd Lauert

Hurray content locking is coming *slowclap* What if Amerish is ugly and Esamir is boring? What if Amerish and Esamir look like secondlife sandbox to me with all the flying houses and whatnot in the air? So your solution to make me play Amerish and Esamir is not to actually fix the bugs that keep me playing there and maybe make those maps a bit more compelling - I mean, there is a reason most people seem to pick Indar over the two others - no, the solution is to force me into playing there? Oh wow, you really know how to make me reconsider my cancellation of membership.
    • Up x 1
  18. DK22

any gueses on the amount of big @ download I'll have to wait for after work?
  19. Rhaegar

What does it matter what the server name is? It could be floppydonkeydick and were all still going to play on it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Amit2120

1.5-3gigs