Patch Notes 6/16

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Kevmo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Alarox

You complain about tanks being able to shoot you down, but it is ridiculous for me to be upset when I get killed with literally zero ways to personally defend myself? MBTs aren't allowed to shoot at aircraft, but Daltons are? Yet I'm the one with double standards?

I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  2. PastalavistaBB

[IMG]

Everybody that pulls an MBT gets 2 Skyguards complimentary. Didn't you know that? :rolleyes:

FIFY
    • Up x 1
  3. PoiZone

You can put a Walker on your MBT. Do you?

I can put an Anti Air weapon on my lib, do I? I don't. I use a Dalton and Bulldog. Do I complain about having barely no chance against ESF's? I don't.

But it seems you do complain about libs.
  4. PastalavistaBB

Dalton is the best AA weapon if you can aim. See? Skill based weaponry. Same with Tank Shells.

Walker might scare of a bad ESF pilot, but it won't stop a good one. And it'll only tickle Liberators.
    • Up x 3
  5. FourTwoFour

Walker? What's that gonna do if a Liberator targets you? Surprised that people even play 1/2 in tanks.
    • Up x 3
  6. PoiZone

PastalavistaBB > Yeah thanks for that, I guess .-. I kinda agree with you, the problem is, it doesn't fit with my playstyle, and that's the whole point of the argument; making sentences that sounds thoughtful, but "promote" my point of view haha.

Oh and btw, English is not my 1st language, maybe you noticed it :c

I do agree with one thing: The lib needs a nerf. But just like the harasser, SOE tweaked a bunch of values, destroying the whole thing (/and balance). This nerf is, once again, way too much.
  7. PoiZone

Yeah but don't tell me Lib is OP against ESF.

It's all about skill. If the ESF plays it better than me, then he will kill me. If not, I will kill him. Survivibility tip for ESF against libs: hover + distance. Trying to take down a lib at 10 meters is silly.
  8. M2_Bradley

Just the first stop to killing off the vanu and creative a NC master race...
  9. ata98

• E540 Halberd
      • Gravity increased from 3 to 5 Does that apply to harasser? please say no
    • Up x 1
  10. Westy543

The Dalton and Shredder ammo reserve reduction seems a bit too much. Reducing by 1/3, instead of to 1/3 (or even 1/2) would be a bit more on target without completely gutting the uptime of AV Liberators. Shredder ammo should sit somewhere at 600-700, and Dalton ammo should sit around 40. Giving 4 shots per ammo rank for the Dalton is probably a good amount, as it leaves the Dalton with 80 rounds. Even keeping that gain and starting the Dalton with 30-35 rounds is better off than 20 default. Tanks carry more ammo than that and tend to stay near ammo sources.

The Shredder burns through lots of ammo. 50 per rank is acceptable considering the 50 round per mag, that way each upgrade adds a rank magazine of ammo. Increase the base pool to at least 600, if not 700; 500 will leave stock Liberators with too little uptime and inexperienced gunners will waste their ammo too quickly. It is not uncommon for Shredder gunners to run through 4-5 magazines in a single target engagement due to the spammy nature of the weapon.

I appreciate your listening to our feedback on Liberators thus far. Thanks for the updated info!
    • Up x 6
  11. Progapanda

40 Dalton shells with ammo fully certed is way way too low.
    • Up x 5
  12. Arisso

this patch is a joke or? you busted the game with nearly every patch (since GU2), because you listens to maybe 100 crybabies.

i want my certs AND my stationcash back! ;) *whine*
    i cancelled my subscription in this month and i feel that was the right decision
    • Up x 2
  13. CrashB111

You can fly back to an air tower whenever you need to restock.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. ZaltCW

I don't understand why the Air Hammer has not been nerfed against ESF's, right now it is viable in comparison to the Banshee and the PPA for an A2A purpose. To use Both the PPA and the Banshee you are putting yourself at a major disadvantage but for the Air Hammer some of that risk is taking away due to its damage to ESFs
  15. vsae

Can we have our lib ammo capacity certs refunded? Or the lib certs totally refunded for that matter.
  16. Optimalmeep

Hmmmm, I have 1 complaint.

I see all this updates on the PTS but still no fix for the normal PS2?
    I'm not exactly disappointed but I was kind of expecting a little more from SOE. :(
  17. Levtech

As long as I can 1 shot ESFs with the dalton I am fine with nerfs to it (that is, if they're not extreme nerfs). But nerfing the already balanced rocketpods is not needed. I have not seen any rocket pod complaints in ages or had any problems with them. All this just for a tank? Just raise its armor in the rear.
  18. minhalexus

You are at a disadvantage, however not major.
    If you lose to a AH player in a dogfight, you're doing something wrong.

AH was OP against libs, not ESFs.

But again, AH is not as good as the Banshee or PPA in infantry killing.
  19. RemusVentanus

After playing around with the changes on the PTS i can say they are just what i expected them to be... bad.

While the stabilized turrets are nice the added gravity and reduced projectile speed is awful (AP). Hitting a driving target in the open at longer ranges is a pain and even worse if there is a lot of cover to dodge behind. And that is speaking of bigger targets like MBTs and Sunderers and not the small one like lightning or harasser.
    Oh and not to forget the speed increased to HE is just "glorious", infantry complain about getting farmed by it and you increase the projectile speed of it?!? Drop the gravity and projectile changes, they are nothing but bad.

The reverse speed is just ridiculous when the enemy can now drive faster backwards (prowler with 70KPH) then you can forwards (Van 65 and Mag now only 60). Leave reverse speed as it is or maybe give it just a slight increase.
    Combat Chassis will only be good for turning/additional strafe speed now or will it get something else? And why would anyone now take Combat over Racer? Even as a Magrider i would take racer for the reverse speed, that measly 5 KPH more strave with Combat pales in comparison to what Racer offers.

The Halbert and Enforcer changes... feels like throwing bricks, leave them as they are.

Not surprised that these changes aside the stabilized turrets are bad....
    • Up x 2
  20. dariansniper

I see no future
    • Up x 1