Patch Notes 6/16

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Kevmo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GunGood

This comment is related to the new faction specific pistols that were released during this update. I like the Vanu's Beamer Storm the best. I think the TR's and the NC's new pistols need some adjusting. The NC's and TR's is too UP. While the NC's does have the ability to one-shot-kill to the head at point blank range, beyond ten meters, it's a piece of junk! And the TR's has too much recoil to kill someone with one mag, unless you're really good at controlling it. (Maybe it was just me, because I was experiencing a lot of lag since the PTS is so unoptimized) And I also wish the TR's had 21 bullets in one mag, not 18. Furthermore, I believe the Vanu's is too OP, to say the least. I believe its damage needs to be brought down a little and the NC's pistol damage needs to be brought up a little. The TR's is just fine; it just needs some balance adjustments.
  2. skifton

- The shredder will have its ammo pool nerfed heavily, the Dalton will have its ammo pool GREATLY reduced as well. The dalton also will no longer do any splash damage to vehicles (or, very little).

- It promotes the bombing of infantry by *ESFs*, not just Libs. And more people will be playing with the Zephyr and Duster, which are the best options for AI bombing...which means it'll promote more AI bombing from Libs as well. The reduction in rocket pods' anti-vehicle capabilities is what will push ESFs more toward farming infantry and less towards killing vehicles.

I'm not saying everything in the patch is going to suck. But I can guarantee infantry players will whine about the results.
  3. TheKhopesh

Only if the Vanguard shield works like an HA resist shield, allowing them to pop it and add to their resistance when needed, and turn it off when unneeded.

Of course, this entirely screws prowlers...
    You don't seem to realize just how amazing a tank would be if it had what would effectively be dual-nanite repairs.
  4. TheKhopesh

We're going to all be sticking more gears in reverse in our tanks, just like the French!
    http://3.bp.************/-Esd4XtigY5s/U439xQKs-AI/AAAAAAAAC3U/7njyJBwdxpQ/s1600/New+tank+developed+in+France+that+has+13+reverse+gears+and+1+forward+gear+in+case+enemy+attack+from+behind.jpg
    • Up x 1
  5. minhalexus

This may look like a overall tank nerf, but the MBT secondaries have been buffed indirectly:-

Enforcer - higher DPS in CQC where most tanks will now fight
    Saron - Definetly the best over range now for once having no bullet drop will make a big difference in accuracy
    Vulcan - We can expect more tanks in CQC where this weapon excels

PPA - No bullet drop (same as Saron)
    Canister - More people in CQC, also vanguard will be a bit more mobile, indirectly buffing this weapon
    Marauder - Same as PPA

I would like it if they gave the Marauder and Canister some direct buffs. And some direct buffs to the Magrider's performance.
  6. Silkensmooth

The range nerfs will be fine if they also slow velocity and add gravity to dumbfire rocket launchers.
  7. Bhudda V1

the libs guns got hit a little to hard other than thats fine they can be buffed up if they hit too hard in the long run.

the tank changes i have to be honest i use the he vanguard to great effect the 1-2 times i pull it a week and it didn't need a velocity change and honestly with the gravity change now i can lob it even better like the bulldog shooting over things and such to get even more kills :confused: thanks I think, I though you were trying to make vehicles murdering infantry harder to do.

the stabilized turrets are nowhere near the stability of a mag to me this is more for newbie tank drivers to give them a little bit more of an edge and slightly better accuracy so they can survive a little longer per pull.

have to say on the reverse speed have the prowler and the vanguard go 45% of their forward speed and give the mag 75% or more of their forward speed giving the mag more maneuverability being their faction trait also maybe the lightning something like 60% reverse speed because 100% is a bit much on all the tanks except the mag in my eye's.

p.s. on a side note i find it very unlikely people will get closer to get better accuracy (with their tanks) on shot's i feel this is more so tankers miss infantry more often and the infantry have a better chance at killing the tanks so "tankside" to say does not happen again with these lib changes and to be honest "infantryside" might happen in it's place with more av weapons having max 300ish range and tanks only able to start effectively kill infantry at about 150-200ish I fear it might happen, but it's a toss up in my mind.

on the fence about these changes well see how and if their changed next week and possibly how it all is when it hit's live.
  8. ColonelChingles

There totally were tanks in Server Smash! Lots of them! I was watching my outfit's livestream on it.

TANKS LIIIIIIIVVEEEEEE! :D
    • Up x 1