Patch Notes 6/16

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by Kevmo, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Darkwulf

Patch notes will come and go with nerfs blowing on the wind.

You all can complain and I shall adapt and overcome.
    • Up x 2
  2. ZenzotuskeN

Here are some of my Initial Opinions highlighted in Blue i won't be testing on the test server as it always requires a massive patch download each time i try to test it out and being a Australian my internet connection ain't the fastest.

Should instead keep it the same as it is now and increase its total cert cost as-well as the benefits of other vehicles composite armor and make it a suitable option over nanite auto-repair.

Yep The Liberator is a War Machine and needs to sound as such.

Will there be any velocity changes to these weapons?
    These are fine the way they are now, stop nerfing them into the ground, its already really dangerous podding tanks no need to prolong the time required to take such a risk of them or someone else shooting you as your doing such an activity..
    Velocity Buff would make this weapon more used and more fun.

Will have to see how this works out

This is well needed, also Nerf the reload speed upgrade for it or buff it for the other vehicle weapons.

Might as-well just remove/refund Combat Chassis i'd definitely not be using it anymore over Racer if those changes are made...
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't know any sort of machine that reverses at the same speed as it accelerates.

3. FourTwoFour

• Up x 2
  4. Stormsh7dow

These Patch notes are just total ********, WTF why does the liberator need more nerfing? I'm sorry but if these go through to live i'm gonna take my money and cancel membership.
    • Up x 1
  5. dstock

Liberators can't bring ammo Sunderers with them wherever they go. Hell, I wish more ground vehicles would bring ammo Sunderers with them as is, so I could resupply my Liberator there...

Be honest, are you really surprised that this is just Harassers all over again? IMO, the only real difference is that a Liberator pilot actually has a gun, instead of a horn.

Also, since Halberd-H has like half the damage potential of the full-size MBT version, leave the gravity the same, amirite?

Personally, I think the belly guns needed an ammo reduction, but this is asinine. The very first thing people cert on a Dalton is basic zoom and 3-4 ranks of ammo. Why? Because 40 isn't enough. If you're below 20, you're moving to resupply. If you start with 20, why bother even pulling? I was expecting ~50% nerf, cut starting to 30, make each cert rank add 3. Maxed out = 60, instead of 120. The other thing with these ammo changes: who in their right mind is going to spend 1500 certs for their last 4 Dalton shells? No one.

I also want to know who is going to use the Shredder now. I can piss 500 rounds in one engagement, maybe not against the same guy, but I expect to shoot 3-600 rounds in an air fight. At mid-range, you expect around 4 extended magazines to take a Sunderer. That's almost 300 bullets right there. Have it cap out at ~1600 instead of 1k. Shredder is OP against MAXs because of resistance and splash damage? Fine, nerf one of them. Don't completely remove splash AND buff MAX resistances.

FYI, the Zephyr ammo nerf is significant enough to make a difference, without completely hamstringing the weapon. Take some notes from there and re-evaluate the castration of the Dalton and Shredder, plz.

Duster-
    Good job, it's finally got better initial splash radius than the Zephyr. Too bad you left the horrendous (even after buff) CoF to deal with. This weapon is only effective within ~75m, BECAUSE OF THE COF! That is the real problem, tune it down a little bit, or give it better bloom recovery, I don't really care. These changes will not make it the new Zephyr. It will remain junk, only slightly more effective than before. Maybe I shouldn't be mad, these are the sorts of slow adjustments we claim to want as a community. Too bad you had to eviscerate every other belly gun to make room for it. PS, thanks for not nerfing the ammo count, it already feels to low.

IMO, the best part of these patch notes is that they forgot to nerf the Bulldog. Guess what, guys?! Your promised AI belly gun is here, and it mounts on the tail. If the Bulldog was arguably comparable to the Zephyr before, it's definitely better now.

I want to know how the resistance adjustments to the Shredder are going to affect performance against Harassers. The Shredder is currently the bane of any Harasser, it rips through a buggy in about half of a 70 round magazine. (Need to check exact number). Add in any sort of tailgun, and you're lucky to make it to cover before dying. Maybe if my AA Harasser was a bit more durable, I could run the G-30 Walker that the tankers refuse to take...
    (JK, I already do)
    • Up x 2
  6. PKfire

What Liberator changes do you take issue with?
  7. Slaggard

May have been mentioned, and sure your just trying stuff out, however,

I am not a fan of the semi-circle indicator in middle right of HUD display. Just saw this whilst using an engi repair gun. I believe it to be confusing in consideration of damage direction indicator, redundant with the previous indicator , as well as visually dissatisfying.

Middle of the HUD should be really clean in FPS, in my opinion.

Thanks
  8. skifton

"We're nerfing the lib against pretty much everything."

"We're also nerfing rocket pods so the lib is the main anti-vehicle aircraft."

-So, what you're saying is that there will be no "premiere anti-vehicle aircraft"...and you're going to promote Air to bomb infantry instead of vehicles. I, for one, am excited to hear the raves of the infantrymen.

Good. Glad this is going in a positive direction.
    • Up x 4
  9. PKfire

The Zepher is the only (Liberator) weapon which received a AV nerf without compensation, so I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that the Liberator would no longer be an effective AV platform.

All belly-guns received a reduction of their AI capabilities, save for the Duster. I would hardly call that the "promotion" of bombing infantry.
  10. XXBLACKATTACKXX

i just pulled a racer lighting and drove backwards.
    I was laughing so hard, 85 kph backwards is just hilarious , I almost flipped in the air.

As fun as it is, it will really throw tank combat off especially since shell velocity and drop were worsened.

Also the stabilization doesn't seem that amazing and that leads me to think that tanks battles will harder as the velocity is nerfed so its harder to aim and the backwards speed allows any tanks to get out of a bad position too easily. TTK tank vs tank will increase as their weapons have been nerfed and their defensive movements have been buffed.

the tank changes will only make it harder to kill other tanks with tanks, and allow tanks to escape too easily.
  11. Forlorn Hope

Dalton had all of its AV Splash completely removed and only received a minor buff to direct damage. I would consider that a overall nerf plus the overall reduction of base ammo and ammo via certs seems rather heavy handed overall. I honestly don't know how they expect this to perform as the primary AV specialized weapon, even the best Dalton gunners are around 50 percent accuracy with the 9 meters of splash damage. It gained no increase in velocity or a decrease in gravity to make up for this damage potential reduction and only received a minor damage buff. I honestly think it will only be used by A2A libs and the Shredder will become even more popular as the overall AV option do to its ability to do constant DPS.

Not trying to be argumentative as I see your well thought out posts throughout the forums that I agree with mostly but I would definitely argue they are severely reducing the AV capabilities of the Lib will not reducing the AI killing potential to the same degree. Even though it seems their goal is to reduce infantry farming.
    • Up x 2
  12. dstock

After this update, players are going to start asking if they can remove the belly gun to go faster/be more agile/etc., since the Bulldog is going to do everything the belly guns used to, while retaining its decent magazine, large ammo reserve, ideal projectile characteristics, and air-based optics (the Duster uses ground optics, 1.25-2x zoom, and short-range NV and Thermals).
  13. Forlorn Hope

LOL I would fly a double bulldog Lib after this update. 1 on the belly and 1 on the tail. Duster optics are such trash, you introduce 3 new weapons and Higbying the Naniting Optics on one of the 3. How was that missed?
  14. Gitsum

Your turning the Air Hammer into a hand held shot-gun! Its not even meant to kill ESF's, now we can't even kill infantry!

Your turning this weapon into a unusable one! Stop it before no one ever byes it!
  15. Ronin Oni

Yeah, dedicated driver MBT's isn't the answer.

If they want to do a new Super Heavy tank (probably ES) with dedicated driver that would work... but at least 50% of the users will just use them as mobile heavy turrets lol
    • Up x 1
  16. Gammit

17. PKfire

Though off-topic, I really hope (though unlikely) they make the new tanks ES. I understand that's a nightmare for the devs but this game needs more ES vehicles.
  18. Donaldson Jones

I'm really pissed the other tanks are getting turret stabilization. Almost all the nerfs to the Magriders movement have been justified via the rallying cry of a stabilized turret. I want my movement and agility nerfs undone. Any nerf due to or in which turret stabilization was used to justify it need to be re examined.
  19. FourTwoFour

It's not as good as you think. Trust me. I don't even care if it gets put in the game or not. It's not even close to what the Magrider has (due to hovering).
  20. McToast

Moin

So there's actually one positive thing in this pile of garbage called "Patch Notes".
    Please SOE, you're swinging the nerfbat with a strong hand, nerf the Coyotes as much as you nerf Liberator and AH.
    • Up x 1