PTS patch notes got posted in advance...

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by libbmaster, Jun 13, 2014.

1. libbmaster

• Up x 7
  2. PKfire

I question whether they took any of the tankers feedback seriously or not.
    • Up x 24
  3. Linedan

Not exactly sure about what all this means:

So now we toss down ammo packs like a grenade using "F"? That's pretty awesome.
    • Up x 1
  4. -Synapse-

Those QoL changes made me moist.
    • Up x 8
  5. Bruno Puntz Jones

Patch notes 10/10. Would read again.
    • Up x 9
  6. Paragon Exile

Everything on that list is too good to be true.
    • Up x 2
  7. Danath

More like mines, we drop it, not throw like a frisbee! :p
    • Up x 1
  8. Leftconsin

5xp per Sundy spawn is a much needed improvement.
    • Up x 7
  9. Pikachu

The extra flash kill xp wilm make people more willing to kill it. People often ignore my flash after they kill me because its sucj a small reward. Now i will have to make a new flash more often. :(
    • Up x 3
  10. Mongychops

Wait, what? OK, I take issue with these two lines, this one:

Magrider racer chassis now provides +10 kph instead of +15 kph. This brings it in line with the other MBT racer chassis.

and this one:
    • Vanguard acceleration is being brought closer to the other tanks.
      • It is still the slowest tank; it was just too slow.
    The Vanguard was not the slowest non racer tank, the Magrider was always the slowest non racer tank (Vanguard 55 kph, Magrider 50 kph). The issue for the Vanguard was its accelaration. I assumed the reason that Racer gave +15 kph for the Magrider was as a balance for the Rival strafe bonus (improving dodging), since rival chassis was a major advantage for the Magrider, compared to the other MBTs.

So, is the magrider getting a buff to 55 kph stock speed, same as the Vanguard? Or is Racer getting a nerf to 60 kph, making the Magrider officially the slowest; stock, rival, and racer chassis tank? If it is getting a speed nerf, I would like to know why.
    • Up x 8
  11. Iridar51

Well all of those certainly look very exciting, especially if "turn down bloom" actually means "disable anti-aliasing".
    "Adjusted lag compensation to improve overall responsiveness." also sounds promising.

They should probably just make engineers drop the ammo pack by pressing F, no need to equip it, just extra hassle.

My only issue is that they're overbuffing tanks. They're nerfing long-range capabilities by 5-10%, while buffing their mobility by 501.62%.
  12. minhalexus

MAGRIDER NERF ALERT!

Let the battles begin!

Try to keep it as civilized as possible. But if a mother-trucker says something stupid, then let him feel your wraith!
    • Up x 11
  13. Quiiliitiila

Yup, Mags got nerfed with nothing in exchange… No added strafe, no increased velocity, no increased speed. Nope, we went from sucky, to more sucky.

Yay
    • Up x 11
  14. Moridin6

rest of the update is good,great even, but this is some bull
    • Up x 1
  15. Kunavi

If it is, then all I could guess would be because VS is not about actual speed and acceleration but maneuverability(Strafe ETC). IMHO this KPH difference is negligible in any actual fight.

Also this : " I assumed the reason that Racer gave +15KPH was as a balance for the Rival strafe bonus, a major advantage compared to the other MBTs."... Uhm, how to put it, sounds like "Because Choice A is too strong, Choice B should also be very strong, even if both already surpass in strength the sets of choices other Factions get to pick from, ignoring what is which Faction's trait". But I could be reading it wrong. It's late.
    • Up x 1
  16. SpcFarlen

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    :eek:ADJUSTABLE BLOOM LEVELS!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sorry been wanting this since beta. Glad its finally getting implemented.
    • Up x 2
  17. Soturin

How is the mag about maneuverability now? I can turn my vanguard sideways and strafe 3x the speed with all the advantages the magrider maneuverability and turret stabilization plus all the advantages of the vanguard.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pikachu

Rival chassis doesnt feel worth it now. How about adding bonus to tracking to it?
    • Up x 1
  19. Mongychops

Are you seriously saying that the Magrider is OP at AV on live? Because that is the only way what you just said makes any sense.

Choosing between rival or racer on the Magrider is choosing two different play styles. Choose racer, which brings your speed equal to a racer vanguard, and play aggressively, but have poor dodging, or rival, and be the slowest tank, but the only one able to strafe slower projectiles while shooting.
  20. Pikachu

Your early days of overpoweres magriders must be punished forever.
    • Up x 3