PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longshot399

ALL HAIL THE NC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Librux

The NC will have its freedom even if auraxis is destroyed we will fight til the END and if we destroy auraxis we will bring down the TR and VS with us. THE NC WILL GO DOWN FIGHTING. So TR be prepared because beaten us may destroy yourself.
  3. dreamcast87

Why didn't SOE use actual gameplay footage from the PS4 version of Planetside 2 instead of using what is obviously PC footage?
  4. Brenold

is it cross platform? will they have their own servers or will ps4 players be choosing from existing servers?

how does this affect the current pc players, can i log in with my character on ps4? and when this comes out will it mean we can start expecting more new content sooner/?
  5. ComradeWinston

6. namd3

**** you SoE , my temper has had it.

T-Ray some of your quoted comments PS4 has better GFX.....expect a PC community backlash...
    • Up x 1
  7. Kirppu1

k
  8. Neuromancer

PS4 supports keyboard and mouse, via USB and via bluetooth. I don't know if Planetside 2 has it built in or not, but FFXIV does, and lots of people use it that way. It's also cross platform. It's literally as easy to setup as it is on a computer:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5087/~/use-keyboard-and-mouse-with-ps4

No hack or tricky process required. Plug, enable, and play, or connect via bluetooth, and done. There's nothing that should be holding Sony back from that standpoint.

Because of that, even people with crummy computer rigs that can't handle Planetside on PC could jack their keyboard and mouse into their PS4 and get good performance. If someone can afford a $400 console, they can afford a keyboard and mouse combo. Problem solved.

Hopefully more games on the PS4 will support kb/m, as FFXIV has shown that a lot of people are willing to take that leap, and that cross platform can work. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of people using a controller on the PC for FFXIV is similar to the percentage that use one on the PS4. I have it on both (if you buy for one, you get it for both systems for free), and I play with a bunch of people in a clan, and almost all of the PS4 players have a keyboard connected, and many use a mouse too, while lots of PC players use a controller for comfort reasons. FFXIV is fully cross-platform, and works flawlessly from my experience.

Unfortunately the fact that Sony never bothered to add mouse support for the console version of DCUO makes me guess PS2 won't have it, even though DCUO has keyboard support on PS3 and PS4, and both consoles are capable of using a mouse if the developer allows it. DCUO is even cross platform.
  9. SQLOwns

Had to sign in just to +1 this...lol.
  10. MittRackRObama

Or if the story were expanded to make more sense than the terribly written sci-fi coffee table book that it is... Yeah then we'd have something to truly get behind emotionally and fight for.
  11. Kirppu1

Pfft
  12. Drone69

Yes but your forgetting one thing . PS4 can use mouse and keyboard . Soooo a serious player should invest on those 2 items :)
    And the playing field is well and good again :)
  13. Giligan96

Why do PC players want this to be cross platform so bad? It seems like a lot of people here want both console and PC to share servers. Why? Wouldn't that give us 'noobs' a severe disadvantage? I personally don't want to jump into a game this scale as a noob only for it to be populated by PC elitists that have played it for the last 2 years. How would they merge them?
    " Day 1 console noobs vs. 2 year PC vets! Read all about it!"

Above Drone69 says "Soooo a serious player should invest on those 2 items :)"
    OK, Come on dude? Really? We aren't serious unless we game with a mouse/KB? Shame on you!

I've read a lot posts here that are disputing the whole gamepad vs. KB/mouse discussion. No disrespect here, but I'm a console player and have been all my life. I totally respect that PC mouse/KB is on an elite level that us console players can't comprehend, but, I personally can not use a mouse/KB effectively. And that's OK. I don't wish to learn at this point and am quite happy with my PS4 gamepad and all others before it. Am I on a pro level of skill? no. Am I better than you? no. Who cares? I'm just happy to be able to jump into a game of this scale and magnitude and play it with my friends. I've watched from the sidelines holding my lonely gamepad wishing something like this game would emerge and take COD/BF off their podiums. Although the gamepad got heavy after holding it for two years, the time is now and I'm super happy this awesome game is coming to PS4. I just hope it doesn't fail due to lack of players sticking with it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Runegrace

Well, I can at most see PS4 players having the option to jump on an existing PC server, but also having dedicated PS4 servers. But, that would still mean slower updates for PC so still not really sure how much of a benefit for PC players that would be.
  15. Librux

I would not mind like 1 cross server between PC and Ps4 but only 1 not all of them. Also im kinda worried about the pop on PC and if some players will leave the PC version to get the console one will we see a huge drop in players im not sure but if it does happen it will kill the PC version for good.
  16. JustIVI3GA

Thank you. lol. Down with the NC!
  17. TheMish

That's right! Righteous Terran brother! Death to the New Conglomerate!
  18. MarvinGardens

The only reason I want cross platform is I would like to play with my console friends but don't want to abandon my PC character who I've invested so much in(In time and money). I only have time to play one character, and if I'm forced to choose, I'm going to choose PC. If I could play the same character on PS4 and share experience, stats, etc, I'd be fine with making the switch because I'll still be playing one character.

The only worry I have(and that cross-platform would fix), is player count. If a ton of people leave the PC for the console and you can't get enjoyable battles on PC anymore, than it would royally suck. I mean, we've already been merged to two West Coast servers(Does Helios actually have a decent population?) due to falling populations. If we lose anymore players it might be pretty depressing playing on the PC.
  19. MarvinGardens

Oh hey, I notice all of the articles about Planetside 2 coming to the PS4 say they have 3 continents and a Battle Island. What are they talking about? Is there a new area that I totally missed in the past few months? I thought they meant Hossin, but they also mention Hossin as a coming soon feature in the same article.
  20. Giligan96

Thanks for the reply. I can understand wanting to play with your friends on PS4 and the fact that you've put many hours(and money) into a character and would like to continue the fight with them. Makes sense. I really hope this game prospers for both consoles and PC. I'm really hoping that the inrush of console players will bring in more money to make PS2 a better game going into the future for both PC and console sides. I also hope that people who moved on from PS2 on PC will maybe migrate back and play again. I've read topics about the declining population as of late. Overall, I'm just happy to be able to play a game like this(finally) on my PS4. I've been watching this game on the lonely console sidelines since it released. The consoles really don't have any competitive MP games that strike my fancy. I prefer a larger team based game as this than the smaller run and gun of COD.

From what I understand, Battle island will be a smaller section of a continent focused on 64 x 64 player count. Like a large team death match. I think they'll cut a base or something from the continent and have a focused battle arena. That way players can jump into an 'instant action' type game mode if they don't want to play in the larger scale battles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.