PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digita1hound

Is player studio making it's way too?
  2. Aeon Pyro1515

haha my fps never drops below 50 on the highest settings....
  3. SuperMedicated

XD i maxed out every single setting possible in game and set render quality to 1.41 and still get locked 60fps on 48x48 battles and vsync on at 1920x1080, this game really isn't that heavy (if they can make planetside 2 run on a low end notebook cased PC like the ps4 i feel sad for the people who have computers so crappy they won't run this)
  4. DeadliestMoon

Wait a minute, what's the catch?
  5. DeadliestMoon

You know what I want to do? I want to use a controller for the PC version and wreck people just to show you wrong.
    • Up x 1
  6. Runegrace

Get a wired 360 controller. Plug it in and Windows should automatically download the drivers for it. Set up your controls and go to town. Have fun trying to hit something in a game with no aim-assist to push your crosshairs towards a target, though.
  7. Giligan96

Sorry man, I'm an exclusive console gamer and consider myself above average with a controller but I don't think I could go one on one with a KB/Mouse player. The precision and mobility would best me every time. My kills would only come from shooting someone who doesn't see me or someone I saw first and have landed several shots already. As much as I hate to admit like the next guy, KB/mouse is superior to analog sticks. Just saying.
    • Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

You consider yourself above average huh? Well just because you say you'll get wrecked doesnt mean I will.
  9. DeadliestMoon

I dont own a 360 controller, i do have a PS4 controller though.
  10. MarvinGardens

Was there ever a cross platform multiplayer game before? Besides MMORPGs anyway. Maybe the whole mouse/keyboard vs controller argument is inconsquential. I don't think I'm half bad on controller even if I prefer mouse/keyboard. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to mesh the PS4 and PC crowd. I suspect we're going to merge eventually anyway because of pop issues, they might as well start developing the framework for it down the road.

Seriously, it would be awesome to have Plantside 2 back up to launch day populations with the inclusion of the PS4 crowd. Otherwise it's basically going to be adding another server that I suspect will empty the PC server population even more, especially if the PS4 launch is as popular with the PS4 crowd as I hope it will be. No matter how popular the PS4 launch is, no one is going to start a PC account because of it. However, I could see a lot of PC players jumping ship to PS4 if the populations are more satisfactory there. Hopefully when the North American PC servers merge it'll be housed on the West Coast! Because otherwise it would suck badly for me...
  11. Giligan96

Hey DeadliestMoon- I didn't say that you 'would' get wrecked. I didn't hint that you sucked. All I'm saying is that I just don't think you'd show up to town and start taking over with a controller when others are playing with KB/mouse. I'm not doubting your skills, heck, I'm sure you'd string some nice kill streaks together, but at the end of the day, KB/mouse is more accurate and quicker to lock on than a controller. At the end of the day, they win!
    • Up x 1
  12. DeadliestMoon

Well I'm certainly not going to just roll over and take it like you are implying I should. PC guys need to be taken down a peg, their ego's are just so huge for no reason.
    • Up x 2
  13. DK22

I was wondering, since you can put a keyboard and mouse on a PS4 is SOE supporting it?
    which also makes me wonder why the separate servers? wouldn't that make things even, PC vs console wise.
    (not that I'd want that thou)
  14. Sixstring

I wish this game had a decal or something on the death screen signifying a gamepad/Dualshock 4 user,as much as as this community whines within a week there would be calls for removal of gamepad support/nerf gamepads OP. I use a gamepad and always have It's only a disadvantage if you don't practice just like I had to practice with a mouse. The only problem is that the sensitivity is based around a PC so you need to adjust it just right,on the PS4 it will be fine tuned for the Dualshock 4. Anyone who regularly uses a gamepad will have no problem against PC players.
    • Up x 1
  15. ollister

there should be better support for gamepads and their deadzone needs fixing but when i read this i just have to say

lol no. its been a well documented fact mouse and keyboard is superior to gamepads, practice all you want. its the very reason you will never see cross-platform (PC players and PS4 players together) competitive play or lack there of.

if you are just as good with the gamepad, all this tells me is you have not reached your keyboard/mouse potential. accuracy with kb/mouse is unparalleled.
    • Up x 2
  16. Alyz

I agree in general, but there are special cases where gamepads and joysticks are better suited than mouse/kb, which is controlling vehicles and aircraft that work best with steady input to one direction. Mice are fast and accurate while they are on the mouse pad, but a long curve would put the mouse outside the pad, which means a microsecond without control and jiggling.
    I noticed that problem exactly with the Phoenix rocket where I even got my old joystick to test the difference.

So, if I'm right, the result will be domination by kb/mouse players during infantry play and domination by gamepad/joystick players while flying.
  17. DeadliestMoon

Just to clarify. When it comes to movement, thumbsticks are actually better than the keyboard (last I checked you can't soft press a key).
    • Up x 1
  18. Alyz

Not sure if that is a big selling point for playing as infantry, because it often suffices to have 2 or 3 levels of speed. For vehicles, again, I'd agree that 8 or 16 levels (no idea what the resolution of thumbsticks is) are better and that fine control over speed might give an advantage in some occassions.
  19. DK22

I use a hybrid, and only use the left side of the pad and still use the mouse, with the pad on my leg.
    So ,it not a case of 'levels', you just map the wasd keys to it. same as using the KB then.
    A couple of buttons on the D-pad, F, T, Q, R, and sprint, croutch on the front. (can't use all eight without messing up)
    Just let go of the pad to do everything else on the KB, and go back to the pad.
    Its like 2 keyboards.
    Now with my fancy new G700s, I got another 10ish fully programable buttons on my mouse, I hardly use the KB at all.
    Also works for driving and tanking. Flying, not so good, I'll figure it out some day......
  20. Giligan96

" PC guys need to be taken down a peg, their ego's are just so huge for no reason."

OK, we FINALLY agree on something! Hey, you never know, maybe someday we'll have each others back in combat!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.