PlanetSide 2 Coming to PS4 #MakeWarStories

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10thRMDredd

The old video was pretty good, genuine and a touch gritty.
    The new trailer made me uncomfortable at being associated with such overly heavy emotive escapism, at best.
    I think that most of your videos should be done by a reliable fan. You guys can program, but you seem to not know much about psychology and perception of your customers.
    Dont get me wrong...best game on the planet if your i.q. and e.q. are over 95.
  2. Slash Hammer

You deserve thunderous applause. But - for many players it seems the math is IQ + EQ = 95...
    • Up x 2
  3. Memeotis

I agree, their egos are very inflated, but I'm almost certain that the PS4 version (especially if it lives up to the claims of the developers) will make of a lot of PC elitists question what exactly makes them superior. Unfortunately, I'm sure that your attempt at bringing them down a peg would only serve to reinforce their "superiority".

That said, the PS4 version of Planetside 2 will have a lot of positives that the PC version is unable to provide.

--

Equality: Peripherals aside, the interaction between players on console is much more equal than on PC. Everyone has the same machine, with the same specifications. Although peripherals can turn the tide somewhat, their effect is marginal compared to the specifications of the machine itself.

Accessibility: Everyone who owns a PC is not guaranteed to be able to play Planetside 2, and the ones who can are not guaranteed to play the game optimally. Anyone who owns a PS4 can play Planetside 2, and they can play the game in its optimal console-state. In other words, there is a very low barrier to entry, as well as a guarantee that your console experience will be identical to everyone else's.

Reliability: Prior to any update, the additions will have been tested extensively for one type of machine, which conveniently is the same as everyone's machine. If there is a problem with the version, everyone is experiencing it; not just you. Therefore, these bugs, on top being more likely to be detected/fixed prior to the release of any update, will also have a bigger pressure to be fixed if they happen to make it into the game.

--

I am actually happy that the game has been delayed. Even if it had been ready at launch day, it wouldn't necessarily have been ideal. There simply weren't enough people owning a PS4 at the time. As we know, players in PS2 are part of the content, therefore player-retention relies heavily on a critical mass of players. Now that time has passed, millions of people have purchased PS4s, and in the mean time SOE have released a lot of crucial content. Additionally, on top of providing a more rich Planetside experience, the game on console won't have the same Indar-bias that has really crippled the game on PC.
    • Up x 2
  4. moooly

great and can't wait ^.^
  5. randomtree1

so i play on woodman server and as far as i am considered planetside is has died population is so low even at primetime we can't fill up one cont, and its all the same fights and same people doing the same things. Last night i went on emerald for a couple of hours, 3 conts unlocked almost all the time there while woodman only had 1 25-48 fight. needless to say it felt like PLANETSIDE again, awesome love it, So i am here to ask soe PLEASE MERGE THE EU SERVERS ITO 2 SERVERS it will bring the game back to where it should be and the game i love, untill then i am going to play on emerald (adding to woodmans problem) hopefully something will get done... please
    • Up x 1
  6. Alyz

Prime time on Woodman last weekend was crowded enough to lock me out of Indar for 15 min on an alert.
    Considering http://borderlinetactical.net/rsnc/world-population it looks like the general server populations follow the seasons and currently it's summer with people possibly rather going outside than sitting at their computers.
  7. pipboy344

PlayStation 4 IS the superior console.
    • Up x 1
  8. John_Aitc

Does anyone have footage of the derpy legs from early beta. That would get me to buy a console if I saw it!
  9. Liam23490

The only issue I have with this is that they are bringing a better shader to the PS4, so apparently the PS4 version will look better, but they said nothing about this shader for PC.
  10. Giligan96

It might be due to the fact that they are optimizing PS2 for the PS4(only one unit) rather than trying to optimize for all the different PC builds out there. They probably have to come to a happy medium with PC so the game can play on all the different rigs.
  11. Liam23490

So give options for different shaders, this is PC after all. If I can max the game out with a mid-range HD7870 that isn't even in production anymore, I'm sure I and specifically people with higher end GPUs can benefit from a new shader.
  12. 3punkt14159

Next week i will get a new Graphiccard, so finally i`ll be abel the record :). Is it possible to get an observation account, or how does it call?
  13. GreekPhalanx

Can we get a release date please? at least give us smth...
    • Up x 1
  14. Giligan96

I'm sure with the upcoming SOE event, we'll find out more about the beta and release. Well, at least I'm hoping....
  15. Lexir

I dont get the part about fighting together to survive in the video. All we do is kill and die all day, and repeat. We die over, and over, and over, but keep coming back. None of us ever survive. Maybe add something about "We fight a pointless war that never ends, we die and suffer many times over before the day is done, we dont eat, we dont sleep, we just fight to see more of our color on a pretty little map!" Let the PS4 owners know what they are getting in to :)
  16. MechSniper1324

Aren't all "consoles" just downgraded high end pc's in a new shell. Sometimes think before you act on things.
    Ok little edit I don't know how to do the thing that says "this guy said" and then his quote.
  17. Kirppu1

Nowadays yes, but it's still easier to develop to them because of one hardware
  18. MrSpartan336

i have a question about it being on the ps4 will we be able to transfer station cash from my account to my ps4 account
  19. Kirppu1

I am not going to make a single G damn story before you fix PhysX and the performance
  20. AdrianM

lol YEAH PLANETSIDE 2 ON PS4

WHEN!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.