Debate thread: Should Mattherson and Waterson merge or not?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nregroepis, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Nregroepis

There are multiple threads with regards to the two US servers merging. SOE is discussing whether or not they should merge these two servers.

I personally think it would be a good idea due to increased server population which gives us more XP and Cert harvesting.
    But, there are many downsides; take increased connection lag as an example.

Share your thoughts about this! There are reasons from you with the concern to why or why not the merging should happen.
  2. doombro

Yes. New continent, less people to occupy it.
  3. Ztiller

I don't play on either server, but from what i have seen and heard about the Mattherson players and their behaviour, i feel sorry for Waterson.
    • Up x 7
  4. Morchai

Not sure why it needs a separate thread, but more concentrated populations are a good thing. Players are the content.

The only downside is that there will be only one east coast server now, so if the continent(s) I want to play on are locked on it I'd have to deal with the increased latency of playing on the west coast server, instead.
  5. LT_Latency

What debate?? They should be merge right now. I log off all the time because there is not enough people on Waterson.

It's sunday at 5pm, There is 1 battle that has 48vs48. So yeah merge the mervers
    • Up x 6
  6. Ronin Oni

Yes.

Absolutely, no questions, yes.

And they should name it Jaeger :cool:
    • Up x 8
  7. RHINO_Mk.II

• Up x 4
  8. JorgeSarcos

Whatever the kids whine about SOE will agree, so yeah, the merge is going.
    • Up x 1
  9. IamDH

I would wait for Hossin first then decide. Hossin might cause a surge of population so the one server wont handle it thus causing the increased population to go within a day
    • Up x 2
  10. palto1826

merge them...the majority of the 24 hours of the day there will be only one zerg per faction
  11. Jbrain

I for one cant wait for the merger. It will make me want to play a lot more since we have seen some really low pops and has taken a long time to fight fights.. I wish they were merged already. As for matherson behavior or whatever all I can say is most of the drama is blown out of a proportion to what it is... and truth is there is some great people and not so great people like in every other MMO in history.
    • Up x 1
  12. KnightCole

Why the populations so low anyway? Its summertime, school is letting out....so that cant be it.

Is it cuz the game is kinda derpy and unfun atm?
    • Up x 1
  13. Key Pusher

Server merges are a sure sign that a game is dying.
    • Up x 9
  14. TheShrapnelKing

Yes.

I don't like it, and it doesn't bode well for the future of the game that this had to happen, but yes.
    • Up x 2
  15. Rift23

We eat babies.
    • Up x 2
  16. NC_agent00kevin

Cant really say until Hossin is released. I myself generally dont have trouble finding fights at even 330am EST so Im not sure what all the crybibbling is about when people say they cant find fights on Waterson. (yes I just made up the word 'crybibbling'

Waterson has odd hours. Im not sure what its about but 'Prime Time' seems to start later and end later than one would think. The only times Ive ever had trouble finding a big good fight to go to were daytime hours and/or Holidays. Calm down people; its summertime [almost] and contrary to popular belief, some of us gamers actually do enjoy the outdoors too :p
    • Up x 1
  17. Ronin Oni

Launch of Hossin coming up is MORE reason to consolidate.

How often, even during primetime, are 2 continents ever pop locked at the same time?

How long has it been?
    • Up x 1
  18. Hicksimus

I have mixed feelings. I feel like the game launched in a terrible state and not designed for the number of people on field. By the time they started to fix game mechanics and the game engine it was too late and people were leaving. Now I feel like things are balanced around smaller populations and combining will drive the fail cascade that this game has become.
  19. Dalek

Judging by server merge rate.

Past:
    Soltech into Mattherson merge happened in February of 2013.
    Present:
    Waterson and Mattherson merge will happen in June 2014.
    Future:
    Connery and Mattherson merge will probably happen in October 2015.

Predicted game death point: June 2016.

If it looks like a sinking ship, acts like a sinking ship and behaves like a sinking ship then what you have is... A sinking ship.

A complete overhaul of core mechanics is needed for player retention (both new and veteran). These merges aren't sustainable.
    • Up x 3
  20. Klypto

There is no debase. It will.
    • Up x 1