Vanu Corp [VC] - Turning the world purple since 2003

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Stanis, Feb 12, 2013.

1. ValorousBob

Confirming Vanu Corp are legit. They got mentioned several times in a thread about "Who are the best outfits on your server?"

Our outfit plays with them pretty much every day, and I can vouch for Stanis, he knows his tactics.
  2. Nody

Bio Lab Alert - 29/06/13
    Want to know what’s the difference between a random outfit and VC? Last night as the alert came on for 9 Bio labs the orders went out to form up on Amerish in a Galaxy. We moved out to Xelas Bio Lab which was very heavily contested by TR and when we moved in we’re talking 90%+ TR vs. VS and take the northern base while they throw ESFs, tanks and infantry on us trying to remove us. Most of us thought Xelas lost but our leader of the night (all hail Basti!) had a vision and was going to slam it down the throat of TR. It was a close fight, we lost the cap multiple times and nothing short of squad beacons could keep us to respawn at times but what started as a finger holding the ledge turned into two feet steadily on the ground as more VS started to trickle in until we could start pushing the Bio lab itself.

Anyone who’s ever had the enjoyment of trying to push a significant TR force out of a Bio lab knows how easy that is; it’s going back to the old trench warfare days of fighting meter by meter and being met by counter rushes pushing you back. Suffice to say it was bloody, it was slow but once again our squad leader stepped up and organized the VS force into a MAX crash taking the gen and finally blowing up the SCU allow us to cap the base.

With time running out and TR being in the lead the focus was put on Esamir and the Ymir bio lab held by TR. We had less than 15 min to take the zones to get connection to the warp gate and the bio lag itself. Through the extended alliance of The Vanu Accord coordination with multiple other outfits were done and we slammed into TR like a hot knife into butter. Before they knew it Ymir was hacked with 20s before alert were over with all side bases capped and a tank and airforce camping the roads for any attempt to re-secure it. Sadly due to the server timing bug the lab ended up going through 70s after the alert but all attempts by TR to interrupt the timer and retake it even temporarily failed.

So to answer the original question; what’s the difference between a random outfit and VC? The success of going up against big odds and walking out on the winning side more often than not due to the skill, and dedication, of the leaders and solders in the outfit.

You’re not going to see 40+ Magriders or Libs coming your way from the VC because we know that fights are won not by vehicles but by the humble soldier on the ground killing the other guy better and faster. Join us and together lets show those imperialists dogs and drugged hippies what the future really is all about; power through science.
  3. YonmaN

Sometimes things just work out well and a plan comes together.

Tonight saw VC and UBAD in platoon strength marching against the NC.
    We started our night by resecuring a push against Crimson Bluff. We observed the NC scouts move in and retrieve their sunderer but quickly and decisively got that spawn point taken out. Once booted, we moved in ground vehicles on Palisade, always a favorite for VC members. Palisade was taken easily and we made quick and brutal work of East Canyon checkpoint.

NC, however, had other plans and move in on Palisade behind us. We returned to the palisade and a fast paced resecure was mounted. Our force was split in two to make a pincer move - east and west. After a brief fire-fight the point was taken back with some seconds to spare but an NC counter attack was immediately upon us. A force of light armor and infantry engaged us from the west and briefly from the east. Both forces were destroyed as the defense turned into a rolling assault to take out their spawn points and repel their armor.

When we were done, the next stage of our assault began: Howling pass was quickly taken by our forces without a fight. We rushed back in time to save East canyon and then proceeded to assault Briggs Laboratories. VC took the brunt of behind-the-lines action with most of our forces in the base's center, fighting a fierce NC opposition. A quarter of our troops held back enemy armor and air from the north and gave our lads the ground some needed breathing room. Briggs was taken shortly afterwards .

Our services were once more needed: Howling pass was under attack. This defense was to become the main event for the evening.

When we arrived, NC had taken down the local shields and have were about to roll an armor column into the base. Again, VC found itself fighting multiple fronts, this time in the strange vertical and high speed action of Howling Pass. Part of our force was dispatched to handle the NC holding the Western generator. The eastern was of little concern - the NC seemed reluctant to make the long trek from the east anyway. The two points NC held were ignored. Quick tactical footwork saw the generator defenders overwhelmed and the generator brought back online. We then simultaneously moved on two fronts: The western gate was secured and the NC armor pushed back. The NC holding points B and C were slowly but surely eroded and finally broken by a smaller force with home-court advantage.

NC did not appreciate this treatment and came back with Armor, air and mechanized infantry, a platoon sized force. Fighting was fierce and once again forced us to multiple fronts. As NC were once more repelled, we turned our own efforts outside and pushed with mechanized infantry to the west.

This night, from a tactical perspective was allot of fun. We held off attackers in both an advantageous position and a difficult one. The numbers we dealt with kept the western front of Indar free of NC - at least for a time.

Do squad coordinated tactics sound exciting to you? Is the first thing you think of, when you see dozens of enemy infantry crest the hill, "Finally! a challenge!" ? Join us!
  4. Yurii

5. Stanis

On twitter the devs asked "How do you approach a combat scenario involving ground armor?"

Just so happens that night our Open Platoon had a perfect opportunity to demonstrate at The Octagon on Esamir.
    Our answer: with a team at your back and plenty of ammo.

6. ValorousBob

Bumping again, I play with these guys every day. One of the best medium sized outfits on Miller, they punch above their weight and get **** done. Stanis is one of the most respected voices on VS Miller; if you want to play tactically and fight strategically VC is where its at. They're not all ~srs business~ though, they frequently help UBAD with our ********/science/shenigans. :)

Always good to play with guys~
    • Up x 1
  7. isilyan

From a Tech alert 17/10-2013 ;)

8. ValorousBob

"I wonder if I'm in this video"

>can't here myself talking within 60 seconds

"I'm definitely not in this video"

Fulfilling stereotypes about loud, obnoxious Americans erryday.
  9. isilyan

From the Biolab alert 22/10-13

10. huller

a bump for flag.
  11. pluton

Do you like fun stuff?
    We like fun stuff.
  12. MrEclectic

Bump for a great outfit. Excellent players and invaluable community members.
  13. ValorousBob

Another Tech Plant Alert today starting with world populations at roughly 33/33/33. VC and ISK had a combined platoon running around Amerish along with the rest of TVA. VS won with 4/7 Tech Plants thanks to inter-outfit coordination and high TVA activity. Alert ended with VS having 40% global pop or something absurd like that.

I think we had VC, ISK, VCBC, DIG/T, IVRI, FRC, DWHQ and EMLD all active today. ChickenCurrys from KOTV (Woodman VS) popped into the ISK channel for a little bit but I'm not sure how many guys he had online. Great to see so much VS participation. :)
  14. pluton

15. huller

BRTD bump best bump
  16. ValorousBob

Confirming VC are still bosses.
  17. huller

ah there you are, I had lost this thread behind the couch
  18. Tywar

VALOROUS BUMP!
    • Up x 1
  19. ValorousBob

Best type of bump.

I could keep posting about how I think [VC] are good, but proof is always better. There was recently a thread on r/planetside titled What are the "Legendary Outfits" of your server? Vanu Corp got a lot of mentions from players on other factions.

And another one from one of the [WASP] leaders:
    Bvenged apparently had a freudian slip and mentioned VC and ABTF twice before he edited the post, they're that good. ;)

Seb is the leader of NC's air outfit:
    Every (serious) Miller post I saw mentioned [VC] and [DIGT], which I would personally agree with.
  20. DerUnf4ssbare

meh. guess dwhq need to work on their presence. :p
    *tva bump*

vc why u on second page?