Vanu Corp [VC] - Turning the world purple since 2003

Discussion in 'Miller (EU)' started by Stanis, Feb 12, 2013.

1. YonmaN

Hey guys,

Last night found our platoon doing brisk business in the west of Indar, cutting TR off from their Crown farm and lodging our spearhead between NC and TR forces and forming a buffer at NS Secure. Having fought to take the base we quickly setup an ambush facing both fronts: From the East rolled NC armor accompanied by mechanized infantry, NC expected a swift ride into Hvar's courtyards. From the West, a TR heavy armor column rose to meet them, expecting to take over NS Secure quickly to establish a new front.

A combined VC and UBAD platoon met both forces and repelled the attacks using infantry, air support and extensive mining operations in and around the compound. NS Secure itself was held until both forces were demolished and have fallen back.

The platoon then mounted a quick and decisive action towards Hvar, joining VS forces attacking from the south. The base fell quickly. Our platoon then split up - some heading north to secure the northern corridor into Quartz ridge, others responding to an unclear TR threat at Vanu Archives.

What started as a small scale resecure action, quickly turned into a Masada style holding action. The cliff born base was quickly surrounded by the TR and NC forces with mixed air and armor shelling the base and each other. A VC irregulars' squad responded with light armor and skyguards to alleviate the air bombardment but could not breach the ground based siege.

Vanu Archives was held against multiple platoons that also fought each other - a true three way like the interlinks of old. VC, UBAD and friends held points on the cliffs repelling wave after wave of attackers using heavily entrenched defenses and unusual cover angles. Lashers were employed for ground denial, LMGs were used for medium range engagements and to fight off light assault scaling the cliff. During the fight the defenders were completely cut off from the main VS territory and from any relief force.

The defense at Vanu Archives finally took a crippling blow by renewed air assault and a coordinated effort by TR to shell entrances and windows. In all, we held both TR and NC forces at Vanu Archives for around 40 minutes.

Busy night!
  2. saaba

I joined this outfit few days back as i am new here but with some fps knowledges and i must admit that this outfit is awesome. the number is not relevant as we can output far more with far less people. Team leaders know their job and they do it quite well. If any of you willing to joining us, fell free to post on our forum or talk to officiers. i am in VC and i wont move a tiny of it...

"Hi My name is Saaba and i play in Vanu Corp. what's your outfit?"

Did i say bump?
  3. YonmaN

Hey guys,

Tonight was my first action in GU04 and as I expected, I had a great time.
    VC teamed up with ISK to harass and cause mayhem in the southern territories of the NC and TR. Eventaully, we were cut off and held on to Skydock - a very defensible position. We dispatched several impressively organized charges against our position and destroyed armor and mechanized infantry.

Our first attempt at an air assault at Regent rock failed to take hold - NC response was swift and decisive. We went back to attack the southern TR territories for a while and then came back to Regent rock from a different angle. We met with NC light armor on the bridges of Regent Rock and blunted their push towards skydock. Then commenced a rolling engagement of our mechanized infantry against NC armor where our momentum and coordination took a heavy toll on NC forces opposing us.

We then moved to take Regent Rock and took the tower, securing skydock from the west while ISK fought the TR to hold it. In Regent rock we held for a long time against both NC and TR Zergs. Our holding of the Rock propelled two large NC and TR forces against each other and so an impressively balanced three-way evolved, each faction with a single control point. This included one max-crash to retake point A with just a few pixels left on the TR control bar. Woosh! Last second resecure :)

In all a very enjoyable night. The outfit handled itself well and TVA combined operations are always welcome.

Does this sound like the kind of game you want to play? Join us!
  4. isilyan

I can only say that after i joined VC in Dec. I found lots of new friends:)
    And a nice casual way to play the game, with lots of diffrent tactics:p
  5. Ruvan

6. YonmaN

Hey Everybody

Tonight found our outfit spearheading in deep to enemy territory against both TR and NC.
    Along with ISK we started by clearing out the north wastes of Indar from and NC incursion and then a steady push to the south cutting down the TR advance and reversing it into Rashnu biolab. We continued a steady advance and were able to envelop the TR warpgate. We held the entrance passes to the gate until finally overwhelmed by armor and infantry.
    We then headed west to push at the NC. A quick trip to Allatum, then south to Archives and the southern NC territories once again brought us flush against a warpgate. We held Ceres farms for a while but saw the need to consolidate Regent Rock, hemming the NC in against the TR while keeping them away from their warpgate. TR took a surprising turn and cut deep into our exposed flank, effectively isolating us. We held NS Research for a while - a very interesting base to defend and used a combination of coordinated lancer fire, smoke screens and other techniques to push back multiple waves of armor and infantry.

We took a very aggressive stance tonight and came up against great outfits from both sides.
    Does this sound like the kind of game you can relate to? Join us!
  7. MrKoronas

Hi I am the Leader of Emerald Immersion and I would like to propose an alliance. If you could send me your TS3 details so I can contact you many thanks.
  8. Stanis

PM sent.
  9. IMTasty

Tell Leopard that all is forgiven, also someone please teach him that flying inside Bio-Labs is dangerous. ;)
  10. isilyan

Good gameing tonight, even if we did not Warpgate the TR.....
    The Smurfs messed it up for us:(
  11. IMTasty

I share your pain, they messed it up for us the first time too. They are evil and can not be trusted to not shoot you in the back. =/

But atleast it's fun. Felt that Indar had been so stale and farmy the last months, did this to spice things up. Get some excitement and grudges back in the game if you understand what I mean. :)

I honestly hope the next cap goes to the NC so we can push them. :D
    • Up x 1
  12. isilyan

Always nice to have good enemies Elmo:)
    You sneaky Clock Conquest of Indar, got VC/VA motivated:p
  13. isilyan

Wee the TR Indar lock was broken:p
  14. Ruvan

15. TheB1ade

Hi, Me and two PS1 vets would like to hang out with you guy to see if we get along. Looking for a more "serious" game but not a.n.a.l. Seen your deployments ingame a few times and like what we see in vids.

With your forums locked and no public squad ingame, can you pm your ts details or something?
  16. Stanis

@TheB1ade - contact made over the weekend and guys on teamspeak.
    Welcome to the Hotel Vanu Corporation ... :D
  17. YonmaN

Hey guys

VC and TVA rolled tonight to the defense of the VS Indar lock.
    Together with a host of VS troopers, VC held Camp Connery for around an hour of intense fighting. VC took to the defense of points B and C, holding them against waves of infantry and vehicles. Combat ranged both in daylight and night time, giving us a full fleshed fight against some of the more infamous names on the server.

As the fronts shifted and NC came more into play, TVA mounted a combined attack on the northwest of Indar to liberate territories and force NC back to resecure. VC kept camp connery secure and then joined RPS in the attack on Saurva - a decisive strike to take the base quickly before defenders were able to muster forces to retaliate.

From there VC picked up a rag-tag armor column. Depleted of resources, our group was composed mostly of lightnings and some aircraft. We attacked Alkali Storage head-on, crashing through its defenses but keeping losses to a minimum. Coordinating with RPs we completed a pincer move from the east to Firing Range and overwhelmed an infantry platoon-strength force to take the base.

From there, the road to Mao and securing the north was open. Just another night for VC.
    Do you like coordinated defenses and allies that work well together? Join us!
    • Up x 1
  18. Stanis

Been some great battles this week.
    The changes to capture timers not quite finished in live.. more changes are on the Public Test Server and look promising.

The battles that the alerts provoke have created some epic scrambles and skirmishes to secure victory.

Oh yes, and we're still recruiting players looking for Squad based teamplay.

www.vanucorp.co.uk/recruitment.php
    • Up x 1
  19. Stanis

Some [VC] and about a platoons worth of friends from TVA gave the focus test of the new lattices a go on the Test Server tonight.

Shows promise.
    Was also a lot of fun. :)
  20. Prodigal

Gotta bump this for VanuCorp, which are REALLY a good outfit. They're high-skilled PS1 vets with tactical and strategic understanding of the game.

These guys are neither zergfit nor farmfit. They play for territory, for the Vanu and for victory, and they are active on leader channel.

I am not playing with them only for personal reasons (I ran with them for some time in PS1), but otherwise VC would most probably be the way to go for me.

So if you want to join a really good outfit that's able to put their money where their mouth is, you want to join VC.
    • Up x 2