Post here if your 64 bit client Crashes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Necaris Omnis, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Spiritualised

The only time I crash is if I dont limit my fps and my card gets too hot
  2. Deschain

Only option is to clean out the game from your PC and reinstall, no garantees it will fix anything though, but thats what i'm currently doing.
  3. kadney

Crashed again. Redeployed and tried to switch the continent.

What are you even talking about?
  4. Spiritualised

You can give it a go mate but like Ive already said Im just lucky. Both clients are stable and work well for me. The 64 bit client even more so. Im gutted they've pulled it.
  5. Spiritualised

Old news but still valid, Apparently something like 70+ of staff went. Artists, game designers, coders, project managers even a creative director all got the chop. I think we may be starting to feel the fallout from it now
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/soe-announcement.148793/
    • Up x 1
  6. Noktaj

My games freeze 99% of times I try to switch continent.
    Same for when I log of a char and try to login on another.

I'm forced to ctrl-alt-del and close the game from task manager.
    I always had occasional crashes but never had this issue before.

Win7 Professional sp1 64bit
    i7-2600@3,4ghz
    8gb ram
    nVidia GeForce GTX670
  7. Partybooper

I'm crashing on both the 32bit and the 64bit client very often. And with both I get the black screen and "driver has recovered" issue almost everytime I open the map and sometimes during regular play.
  8. Necaris Omnis

Continent changing crash is on both clients.
  9. kadney

And again, in the middle of an alert..
  10. Spiritualised

So if your crashing on both clients with the same error, I think it would be safe to assume that it isnt the 64bit client that is at fault but something else all together.
  11. Lazaruz

Client version doesn't seem to matter anymore, I'm still freezing when switching continents. And now the game has me in a "between" state, so whenever I log on and the deploy screen loads up, it freezes the game straight away just like when switching continents.
    After that the game refuses to close even from the task manager and I have to restart my system. So the game is utterly ****** up for me at the moment...

I was actually looking forward to logging in some hours during this double XP weekend and earning some certs. Too bad that has proven to be nearly impossible with these issues. But at least I now know that this will be my last Membership double XP event.
  12. kadney

And again. 6 minutes before the alert ends..
    At least I didn't loose that much exp. :)
  13. Necaris Omnis

If you have a nvidia card, use the .21 driver. This sounds like the crash/reboot of the gfx card alot of players get when using a the new drivers.
  14. Mogsy

i manually renamed the default EXE and copied & renamed the 64bit one -- use L/Pad as usual and had 6+ hours of perfect gameplay, even soldier switch doesnt hang, which it does with the 32bit one. I also have the old NVidia drivers loaded.
  15. Spiritualised

Another case of someone getting it so wrong its laughable. Just tried this twice (knowing it wouldnt work, but I like to have my facts straight before I call something out :D). What youve been playing for 6+ hrs is stil, surprise surprise, the 32 bit version. What happens when you run the launcher is the game files get verified, it sees the changes youve made and fixes the files youve modified. Hahahaha +1 though for possibly the most misguided and comic post , to date though :)
  16. ShotgunGuru

Today I ran with the 32 bit client.:confused: All I can say is
  17. Mayunia

My problems with crashes and stuck loading map are solved

use advanced tools/ validate game files, can't scan one file, I delete it and all work fine now
  18. PresidentFreeman

Wow, to think the game was running relatively fine before they started experimenting with this 64-but stuff recently, they probably could have just let it run at the un-altered version forever with minimal support and everyone would be happily crash/stutter free.

Now they have a crippling technical issue on their hands at the same time as they have lost a bunch of staff. I'm sure the timing wasn't their own choice, but it is very unfortunate. I'd hate to see the game go out like this.
  19. HotPepperDelivery

Okay I'm done with this game, play my TR character for 30 minutes then log out to switch to NC character, but no the game freeze like my pc wasn't stable and **** this I quit for just a moment. There is two issues that SOE wasn't fix and do you think everyone will happy about it? First is the NVIDIA blackout/blackscreen issue now this issue?! I'm done, I already have enough with this.
  20. Ineedsleep

Freezes when I try to switch continents or squad deploy. Makes the game fairly unplayable.