C4 - Overused and needs to be toned down

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ancalagon, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revel

So what do you do when you're in the SE Indar rotation?

I'd like an actually defense option for those guys that manage to sneak through when I'm in pitched fights against multiple vehicles/targets. Its really not much to ask for. C4 isn't special and everything in this game should have a counter to the damage. Note I said DAMAGE.
  2. darkstarzx2

As an LA-primary user, I say that C4 is fine how it is. Currently, it is high-risk/high-reward.
    • I can kill ONE tank in my lifespan. ONE out of the ten+ that are possibly hanging about.
    • If I fail, there goes my time, my life, and 100-200 infantry resources.
    • If I succeed, I am now defenseless against all forms of armor and must run for my ******* life if there are other tanks around, and there are always other tanks around.
    Yes, someone lost a tank, but that was just one tank. Vehicle resources aren't that difficult to get. Most people are getting 200+ half the time.
    It may take me two to three lives just to kill a tank, and that can equate to nearly my entire stockpile of infantry resources. All the while, that tank is still killing my men. By the time I kill that tank, it's probably racked up 20+ kills, while I lost several lives just trying to stop it.
    • Up x 2
  3. Revel

Three lives and all your resources would mean you dropped 2 bricks but died each time. How often does that actually happen?
  4. Ripster

In SE indar I'd expect you to watch your radar and pay attention. And probably have your own people on top of the cliffs keeping them clean. You know, team work. Either that or be the one on top of the cliffs keeping them clean while still being able to pound the hell out of people on the canyon floor. You know, like the good tankers do.

Not everything in this game should have a counter to the damage. I don't know why you think a hard damage counter should exist for everything in this game. C4 isn't even the only thing like this (Sniper rounds, direct hits with tank shells off the top of my head). It's also, you again, alluding to the fact that you don't want to be punished for not paying attention. This needs to be addressed before you can improve.

It's way too much to ask for to not pay attention to your surrounding and not be able to be punished for it.
  5. Revel

I dont agree with these either. One of the reasons I wish Sony had continued with Planetside instead of turning 2 into every other modern fps.
  6. Alarox

It's usually 1 brick you lose per life (you get one out but they start moving and you can't get the second, or they simply shoot you out of the air), but sometimes 2.
  7. Ripster

The fact that you don't know how much this happens tells me that you haven't played this game enough. Stop being bad. Get better. Pay attention to your map. Get prox radar. Realize that the guy trying to C4 you has to go through a sizable portion of your infantry forces to get an attempt at your tank (unless you're in a terrible position, which means you deserve to get C4d).

There's a reason people are calling you bad. It's because all your hypothetical situations that you think need hard counters are countered directly by playing better.
    • Up x 2
  8. Ripster

Play a different game then instead of making this one ******.
  9. Revel

If you know you're not going to get the 2nd off, nothing it stopping you from immediately hitting the button and taking a huge chunk out of them, leaving someone else to finish the job. Thats if they're at full health.

Is that wasted resources? I dunno, is it wasted resources when Flak protects against my prox mine and someone else scoops up the kill while I get a critical assist?
  10. darkstarzx2

It has happened quite often actually, when you have more than one tank in the area. While one is farming, the other looks up for a half a second, Q spots you, and either shoots you or yells in proxy to move. Either that, or one of the Engi or other units spots you and shoots you. Only time you can really take out a tank is if it is alone, next to a wall like an idiot, or using some other vehicle as expendable and C4ing.

And like I said, it can take all my resources. It doesn't always.

And again, you can kill 20+ men with that single tank, while I can only kill 1 of you. Balance.
  11. Revel

I've played plenty. 24d off and on since the end of Beta. I played PS1 to max BR. Yes, things do need hard counters to damage. Everyone that has died to C4 ever in the history of the game is bad.

You may as well stop, because you're never going to convince me and I'm never going to convince you.
  12. Ripster

It's wasted because you get shot. You can't immediately detonate because there's a delay between placement and being able to detonate. It's wasted because one brick doesn't kill and they're an engineer. Stop playing this game or learn to play. Think before you post.
    • Up x 2
  13. darkstarzx2

Despite nobody convincing anybody else, it looks like the majority of players in this thread are convinced that C4 is properly balanced when taking out armor.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ripster

You may as well stop because you're never going to convince the devs that C4 needs to be nerfed again. Not everyone who's died to c4 is bad. They're just not always paying attention. What makes you bad is that you don't even want to have to pay attention. You haven't played plenty if you need to ask what to do when you're in the SE indar warpgate. It was the first continent. It was the only one through most of beta. If you actually have played enough you wouldn't even be here posting that C4 needs a nerf.
    • Up x 2
  15. Revel

Incredibly small minded and selfish thinking. So don't detonate it if you know you'll never get the second brick and do damage? Don't do damage that causes the tank to flee and repair, taking him out of the fight? Don't do critical damage and not kill because someone else might see a heavily smoking or flaming tank, shoot it, and get the credit on the final shot?

Maybe its you who needs to think.
  16. Ripster

I'm saying you get shot before you detonate. Again, use C4 a bit, realize there is a delay between placing and detonating. Realize that the time between placement and detonation is way longer than it takes to kill you with any gun in this game.

Edit: Please address my main concern. Why do you think it's okay not to be punished for not paying attention?
    • Up x 1
  17. Revel

No, I see 18x thumbs up on the OP and a few very vocal people in this thread, myself included. This entire thread in no way represents a "majority" of players. Just a few people with opinions.
  18. Revel

In a perfect situation for the shooter yes. Its almost never a perfect situation.
  19. Ripster

What you don't see is how many down votes you'd be getting.
    • Up x 2
  20. Revel

Please go to Reddit or something.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.