Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ryekir

That's a good idea in theory, but may not be viable in reality. I'm just guessing here, but it's possible that some of the underlying infrastructure (things like the character database server cluster) are shared between all servers, and depending on what's getting changed in the patch, it may not be possible to do it piece-mail.
  2. Seededshadow

to the eu players for the slang u use can u write a def of it on the bottom of ur post pls :)
  3. GalXEEEEE

In "TheIronHide's" defence, thankfully the status is now on "Locked." As i have seen when that happens on Thursdays, it means that the downtime is getting close to over. It has just been a common thing over the past months.
  4. BrianJ2

That's not hard. select is ctrl+c+ctrl+v
  5. Pondera

6. Ezio91FF

They're up. Allright, chumps, lets do this
    Leroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyy Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehnkins
    • Up x 1
  7. BigCrow

OMG! servers are up!
  8. Thovargh

They have some intern manually deleting these characters, but if he can't type the name he doesn't get deleted. That's why the servers are still down
  9. Shazam89

I'll admit if i had the money to spend 15/mth I would...mostly just for the 500 SC every month.
  10. Seededshadow

<----- much better XD
  11. hutjeflut

By that logic you first get a michelin star in your restaurant and then you start cooking propper food...

If they cant be bothered to make the effort dont expect to make a lot of money.
    And seeing they are in the buisness of making money costumer satisfaction is the nr 1 priority.

And right now the internet is spammed all over the place with how bad the european version of planetside 2 is so they arent likely to make money.
    • Up x 1
  12. Fisk Black

server up! zergrush!
  13. CryingIsUnnecessary

It actually makes a lot of sense. Sony USA is in charge of this game and as such they operated on schedule that work for US citizens. To do a launch as you have suggested would mean to keep all their employees necessary for the updates on overtime. Overtime means a few things,

Sony would have to pay overtime for these employees.
    SOE employees would have to work well past there own bed times, which means not going home.
    Reconfiguration of internal systems to allow for a rolling update.

As all of these cost money and employee moral and the pay off isn't worth it.

You are going to have to be patient like everyone else.
  14. GalXEEEEE

Could you explain that further? Is there some difference i don't know about? I am on PST zone, and i check the forums and the servers constantly in every way i can. I am not playing, and i am US (Connery, Matheson *sp). Wondering what you meant because US is not playing either. As of 1:15 PST.
  15. Pikachu

Servers are up already? Suspicious I feel. For Esamir it took another 6 hours. Don't expect everything to be fine yet.
    • Up x 1
  16. Seededshadow

its worth it for the xp (at highst lvl 50%) pop a cheap bost and then get the pop boost andf u could be well above 100% xp boost then the passive certs are great! and more reasorces the 500 sc is a slap in the face kind of lol cant get much of anything with it takes 2 months to get the stuff that is worth it
  17. Pikachu

Btw you won't be able to get into Amerish anyway because everyone else is filling it up. :p
  18. Goretzu

At 3pm CET EU servers are building up to their peak. :confused: (at the point servers went down [3pm CET] EU servers are at about 50% their PT peak population)

The are most definately NOT on a "downward trend" at that point.
    EU Prime Time starts around 6pm CET.
    EU server lows are at about 7am CET.

Worldwide server mimimum (the time least players are on all servers) is at around 10am CET.

I don't know what you're on about here to be honest. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  19. tdsalmost8

praise the helix fossil
  20. warfighter926

umm soe there aint any lattice lines on amerish
    • Up x 1