Mr Higby want's your Ideas for TR's ES Sniper rifles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Jan 27, 2014.

1. CommanderShwan

Can't actually believe I"m having this nerdversation, but It doesn't matter since the barrel is Vladof anyways.
  2. Campagne

...oh... :oops:
  3. JeremyClaws

Perhaps instead of creating new sniper rifles, how about an ES sniper rifle attachment? For example, a bipod-like attachment for the TR that would increase stability without having to hold your character's breath and would allow for the infiltrator to **** back the bolt action without having to leave ADS, a distance measuring attachment for the NC that would tell you how far something is from your location, and a scope for the VS that you could zoom between two magnifications. You could also go as far as having a new cert line for different bullets for each faction. For example, you could have a bullet for the TR that would have the same effect as a concussion grenade, but would only affect a player that was hit, a bullet for the NC that would emit smoke on impact of enemy flesh, and a bullet for the VS that could work almost like an EMP grenade, where it would shut down a character's HUD and even paralyze MAX units. Again these are just examples of what could be done instead of arming us with redundant sniper rifles.
    • Up x 1
  4. K2k4

There are a few suggestions which I made that I believe could fill a new niche without outgunning the original rifles.. Here we go.

A high damage basr which does not have a headshot multiplier but does full damage out to 300 meters.
    A sniper which fires flak rounds and does small amounts of damage to ground vehicles and decent damage to air
    A charge up sniper which can ohk headshot but also hurts vehicles.
    A sniper rifle with extra velocity bullets making it easier to hit targets, but has a more restrictive damage drop off.
    A sniper rifle with an alternate firing mode where you cannot scope in but you can accurately shoot in closer quartersbecause of improved hipfire sights
    A 3 pellet shotgun sniper rifle which can hurt maxes better.
    The popular burst rifle idea.
    A rifle with faster rechamber speeds, a lower clip size, and slower reload speeds.
    A stealth rifle that doesn't leave a rifle tracer. Of course this would not be ohk.
    A rifle with extended mags available in the rail slot, or laser sight, or a ubgl or smoke launcher or ubsg available on the rail slot.
    A rifle that applies a concussion effect on its victims.

Really there are so many options and I seriously think that there is no way everybody will be pleased by the new rifles. I am with tommyp on this that I don't think we need more esbasrs. We already have 6 empire specific rifles that are the same across empires.
  5. Archiadus

Thing is that with the faction traits it'll be a thin line between UP and OP.

Let's say that the NC get a high damage rifle that can OHKO on body shots, the TR get a fast firing weapon that shoots fast but needs 3 body shots per kill and the VS get a rifle that has pinpoint accuracy and no drop, needs 2 body shots per kill.

NC and VS would have a great weapon while the TR would get something similar to a scout rifle.

TR would complain and to make up for the weak damage SOE would give them 0 recoil between shots, which would upset the NC and the VS because now the TR has the ultimate long distance weapon.

Then they'd adjust the NC and VS weapon. NC would get their reload time cut in half and VS would get more damage which would result in the NC complaining about VS weapons having near the same damage as theirs and the TR would complain about the NC being able to reload faster

Now you might think that it's silly for all factions to have the exact same weapon with a different look that matches the empire but I'd rather have that then having 1 out of 3 be of any use while the other 2 hardly compare with the normal snipers.

Maybe if previous new weapon releases were more balanced I'd have more faith in empire specific sniper rifles but with the way things have been I have little hope.
  6. K2k4

Omg did you just suggest a lockdown rifle. Please no omg I hate lockdown.
  7. treeHamster

Ranger finder is already going to be an implant which would be useless.

An adjustable scope for the SR's would also be useless as 12x is pretty much all you need outside of 75m. If you need an adjustable scope, you are too close, which means you have the wrong gun.

A bipod that decreases sway AND allows rechambering without exiting ADS is OP as heck, especially to give to only ONE faction. An increases breath hold would be one thing but a straight-pull bolt or sway elimination has to be given to everyone or no one because it's just too strong.
  8. huller

T7 Mini chaingun with 12X scope. Why? because **** one shot one kill, that's why.
    • Up x 2
  9. treeHamster

More like the NC get a rifle that can OHK on the body shots, the TR will get a long range auto sniper, and the VS will basically get exactly what we already have in a BASR, which is useless compared to the average BASR user.

(BTW, the BASR's barely have any drop anyway. If you can't manage to account for drop in your shots, you shouldn't be playing as a sniper in the first place, especially given how big the hitbox for the head is).
    • Up x 1
  10. Phyr

Explosive rounds. It's not really TR, but it's different.
  11. honeybaddggger

How about a laser designator that could be used to paint targets for other weapons? There would have to be new weapons created, like a shoulder fired long range AV rocket, or maybe a new lib gun?
  12. sustainedfire

The TR Sniper Rifle is going to be an LOL 3 Round Burst.

I hope at least the sound effect is nice. TR gets the shaft on gun sounds.
    • Up x 1
  13. Chivalry

Full auto. /thread
  14. JudgeNu

a TR SR that swerves around NC helmets.
  15. HadesR

That's already a planned feature for all 3 Empires ..
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

One that shoots a bolt of lightning.
  17. Meliorist

Burst fire sniper rifle seems like the obvious choice for TR.

As for NC I don't know what's planned there, but I for one think we should get a shotgun sniper rifle! Fired rounds explode into a cone of pellets right before impact, dealing glorious shotgun blasts from sniping range!
  18. Kalendric

We don't need more Sniper Rifles. Come up with unique weapons for each faction, like how Heavies get MCG's, Jackhammers and Lancers. I think Snipers rifles are generally in a good place at the moment and the balance doesn't really need to be screwed with at this point.
    • Up x 3
  19. GhostAvatar

How the heck does it make it balanced to the BASR exactly? It is either the same or worse off. Against still targets it is no different. Against moving targets it is going to be harder to land all three shots (especially headshots), as they could potentially move out of the line of fire for the second or third shot. So why would someone take this over the current BASR?
    • Up x 1
  20. HadesR

Introducing the TR Q-14-Q BASR

Special ability: Complains about itself and it's Empire when fired

BANG : " Prowler is crap "
    BANG: " Lockdown sucks "

:p
    • Up x 6