Server Downtime for Patch January 23, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Jan 22, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

this is probably the only thing i was REALLY looking forward to, that they finally fix the smoke/explosion lag. but it was a huge disappointment at best. smoke/explosions still cause MASSIVE fps slowdowns for me
    • Up x 2
  2. CazadorDeLaBruja

Why you VS and TR would want to switch to NC during an Alert totally escapes me... Are you the team killers in ADK? gosh every alert there is always a bunch of dudes in ADK that trolls greif or TK for no reason... and its so obvious they arnt newbies.

I miss Helios... Best Server Name... Best American Server... merger with Connery was the pits.
  3. Kunavi

I don't think it's just the smoke and the explosions. What about the random periods of stuttering or complete freezing for 1" now and then?
    • Up x 1
  4. Subway

Wait... what is this witchcraft the servers are back up already. Damn I was looking forward to another double exp weekend :mad:

;)
    • Up x 2
  5. The Accident

• "Performance: Addressed an issue with particle effects that caused a performance decrease."

does this mean that PhysX is going to be enabled again? wondering when that will be addressed, (and i am sure i am not the only one who wants this looked into)

thanks,
    • Up x 1
  6. Longasc

• Coyote Missiles
    • RPM increased from 200 to 400.
    • Projectile acceleration increased from 2 meters a second to 10 meters a second.
    ^ they are still so bad that I wonder how they could make it on the live server. I never had them lock on anything and at the ranges they work the nose guns work better.
    I hate myself for wasting SC on them.
  7. Edenwolf

Too bad on hornet change, was hoping for velocity an slight range increase.
  8. Brusilov

that went rather smooth, didn't it? :)
  9. CazadorDeLaBruja

I agree with the multi-faction thing... the issue with it was that it was introduced before Alerts were made available... the purpose was to allow players to play with friends on the other factions and share Common Pool gear within 1 server that is unlocked with certs... then the Alerts were released and faction loyalty went to a moot point.

As to your issues with tanks... you should try using your tank within its strengths and forget about using it like the other factions... The TR tank is fast and can fire 2 shots *doing the highest dmg of the 3 if both shots land and highest DPS... so its really effective up close but also great at sniping once deployed... but its basically a glass cannon *though the new damage calculator introduced over the holiday did make it a little bit tougher in some areas.*

The NC tank is your typical 1980s style Space America tank that is heavy and slow with weak acceleration and clearly needs a turbine engine instead of that diesel one its got... would totally throw a piston rod if it were based on reality. that aside its slow and cant dodge fire... its best played as a long range sniper or close ranged brawler where it sits still most of the time. would love to see an upgrade to it that allows some of its weight to be dropped in favor of road wheels but this would effect turn speed while boosting acceleration and handling on flat terrain.

The Swagrider on-the-the-other-hand can freaking "Fly" with proper upgrades... did you know "according to the lore" it was the prototype to the Scythe? ive seen videos where it can reach upwards of 300 meters above ground while traveling at over 230kph and land like a feather... I saw one video where a guy actually was using it to dogfight liberators and Mossies... not to mention that even if you use a Pheonix's high accuracy, its damn hard to hit a target that can stop and change its direction on a dime or duck behind a slope so easily.

I actually stopped using the Pheonix all together because its terrible range, short life span, slow travel speed and pathetic damage sucks compared to anything else the others offer... I do think the VS one needs a DMG buff though...

Each faction has their strengths and weaknesses in some situations. the FS vehicles and gear are intended to be used differently then the equivalents of the other factions... Try putting some Certs into your Swagrider and you will find out it doesn't need a shield or a deployment option *though i think it might need some kind of locking mechanism to prevent it from drifting while repairing or switching to second seat...* think the Swagrider could use a turn speed buff too sense the other two tanks can switch to 3rd and line up shots with their turrets so much faster...

At least it doesn't still blow up when passing between two rocks that are two close together. *but i still prefer to keep out of those situations for fear i may be proven wrong*
  10. CazadorDeLaBruja

You should at least have it enabled so your allies dont murder you for ignoring them lol. just turn the volume down or something.
  11. CazadorDeLaBruja

I agree... I held onto two 3-day Double Exp Boosts SOE gave me cause they liked me for over 2 months till i had a day i could use them...
  12. CazadorDeLaBruja

I love Driving the Sundy in First person... there is an option that was part of the road map but was docked cause of that stupid OMFG crap... that would allow players to raise or lower their seat for viewing. I have the Bull Grill Cosmettic on my Sundy... the Bull, Boar, and Retro grills all make driving in 1st difficult when the cosmetics are rendered... Im just happy my Hood ornament isn't floating in mid air anymore... that **** was annoying.

Press T when driving vehicles if you need more visibility... helps a little bit when on the watch for mines and light assaults with c-4... but it still wont help you if they suicide flash you...
    • Up x 1
  13. Zerky

3 hours? Are you serious?
    Always when it's European Prime Time. Come on.... :(

O____O
  14. seregloki

and while the former anti-aircraft missiles have become almost useless, can we not be repaid? those who spent SC should be happy ...
  15. Grayson

HOW? WHY?
    I know those missiles were not as useful, but they are a fire n forget insta-locking easy missiles.... and now with 2x the RPM seriously?
    Sometimes i just want to slap the people who makes these "balance" decisions....
  16. SirJMD

Speak for yourself. You are not the president of all PS2 gamers, nor will you ever be - stop using "we".
  17. Nocturnal7x

Still no fix for the "No ADS while in the air/jumping" bug. Patch is trash.
  18. Styrkr

Can you guys look into fixing that server lag any time soon? It's been there for a few months, was somewhat lessened, and now is back in full. Also, I want my Prowler and RAMS to be useful again, so can you jot down "fix render distance" on to you list? Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

It's not a bug. It's a bad feature.
  19. UnDeaD_CyBorG

It's a horrible feature.
    I can understand it for jumping, ok, but Jets?
    I can never aim while using drifters?
  20. AbuYahya