PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Losatis

• The Crown <-> Crossroads Watchtower
    • All forces the crown is now back on the map !
  2. Grobovshik

So can I run the game now with my Radeon HD 2600PRO?
  3. Crocobutt

Thank you, Devs, got a stable 60 90% of the time in large battles. Great job, now I can get back to playing after 6 months of waiting!
    Cpu's cores are utilized at approx 65% across, GPU-bound. AMD, Radeon setup.

Thank you for an amazing job!
  4. Kayden

Oh look nothing for multi-monitor still even though it was promised after they did all those bans, say what? Honestly this is a good sign but since nothing has been done to fix the problems multi-monitor to where it is playable, I'll continue to wait.....if it lasts that long.
  5. Trep8

Excellent work SOE, much appreciated!
  6. Seuchensaal

Awesome patch, everything runs much smoother now. Thanks a lot, SOE!
    • Up x 1
  7. zaspacer

Woot! :)
  8. Kociboss

Awesome patch.

Thank you devs!
  9. FPSHazard

Aww man, am I the only one who thinks the new text over peoples' heads is ugly?
  10. Nicorette

I have serious dc problem after this patch. Does anyone else has same problem?
  11. Prodigal

SOE, you finally have done it right - the game is totally playable now for me, no more handicap through < 30fps - tank you very much!
  12. Guavaman

When people quit buying games because of the damn graphics. The industry has proven it time and time again that people buy in droves because of novelty, shock value, and graphics. I hate it too, but it's human nature. Call it bling, call it sex appeal, whatever but we all judge with our eyes first.
  13. Guavaman

I'm seeing some pretty bad problems right off the bat. I didn't have to walk around for more than 30 seconds to notice these:

1) Frame rate is faster but jerks every 2 seconds or so. It seems to be a stall on a fairly regular interval.
    2) My gun is jerking all over the place when I just spin in a circle at normal speed with the mouse look. It feels like the gun is trying to lock on to things and point at them several times a second. It doesn't matter where I point, even up to the sky.

I never had any serious problems with PS2 since I started playing about a month ago, but now with the patch I'm going to have a very hard time not noticing these bugs.

Also, just as a matter of taste, I really don't like the new (TR?) health/shield bars. They're needlessly over complicated, too thin, and harder to read.

Edit: And sadly the Mana Turrets still don't work in VR Training! Dang it, I want to play with the AV Mana to see if I want to spend my credits on it...
  14. HiFiWiFi

I come onto the game expecting to get like 60 FPS all the time with a bare minimum of 30 in big fights, I find I get like 30 all the time, really choppy, so I turn off smoothing get it up to 40 but the performance is still terrible, so I turn my resolution down and the game is playable, but after playing for a bit I realise everyone runs slower now, It's pretty much impossible now to work as a real, effective soldier and you must now camp all the time, I used to really love playing this game but now it's just terrible, a big letdown, the performance patch worsened my performance and they nerfed running and made squad deploy pointless amongst a bunch of other things, enough to make me stop playing.
  15. Tilen

YAY! Oh, wait... aw... :(

Seriously though, thanks for the update! :)
  16. Guavaman

Even with the glitchy frame rate, for some reason today I got more kills than I ever have before. I used to get killed in 1/50th of a second in like 2 shots after running around a corner directly up to someone, as if they magically saw me first and got off half a clip of bullets before any of mine came out, and of course they'd show very little damage after they killed me. Suddenly now it feels more like other FPS's where there's a 50/50 chance of me killing them in that situation for the first time in a month of playing. I think it had something to do with lag. Maybe the server was just less laggy tonight, or maybe it's the patch. Dunno.
  17. Blastfest

Bring back the old vehicle camos, the new galaxy paint is a joke and what is the point of buying camos to make your vehicle blend in to its surroundings when half of it stands out. Galaxy and Scythe look rubbish now. I should be refunded my station cash!
  18. Nintyuk

I can already feel my kdr improving as I feel more in control now.
  19. Tanelorn

Does anyone else find the new ammunition and ability gauges obstructive? You are much brighter, less transparent, and larger than ever.
  20. Holmes

Heavy framerate drops when I move the mouse! :(

I have a dated system (Radeon 5770, Phenom II X4 945, 4 GB RAM), but it was enough for me to play PS2 (with many graphics settings on low or off and usually low fps around 25 in big battles).

The new patch however kills the game for me, because as soon as I use/move the mouse to look around, I got framerate drops to around 10 fps - unplayable! But if I don't use the mouse, everything runs as expected. No difference if I deactivate Smoothing (and I made a blank useroptions.ini for this patch).

PS: Is the HUD indicator for vehicle seats gone?!