PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Emotitron

Same issue here. Disabling smoothing results in what appear to be out of sequence frames (nasty flickering when circle strafing) so leaving it off is not an option. I have a BenQ 120hz monitor, hate to see it being completely wasted just because of an arbitrary number selected by the devs.

Otherwise remarkably stable patch for SOE. Was expecting a bugfest but got a very pleasant experience instead. Nice work.
  2. Bogartan

Looks good, but performance is terrible. I've tried turning some stuff down to no avail. Game freezes and jerks, whether smoothing is on or not. Crashed once, for the first time ever.

I'll try again after the next patch.
  3. Randall

Yeah!!!!! This hour of downloading is so worth it!

4. AllenOne

This would appear to be the same issue that I'm having--screen tearing due to framerate/refresh rate mismatch.
  5. Ripshaft

Squad spawn and drop pod changes have been long overdue. Not saying "bout time#$!" just saying damn it's glad to have em lol.... now if only I had time to play the game =/
  6. Brasil

Não gostei do indicador de hp e escudo, ficou horrível !
  7. wett

Removing the drop pod feature of squad deploy once again favors the zerg camping spawn rooms.... always making it easier for zerglings aren't we.
    Allow me to clarify;
    1. Latice lines - make it impossible to flank the zerg,
    2. Recon Darts announce to ALL people within 150 meters now, so nearly impossible to flank the zerg in an attack.
    3. A squad pinned down in a spawn room by a few tanks and engineers is stuck in that spawn room.
    4. Pod damage has been adjusted to account for increased velocity, therefore protecting the zerglings from people pod drop killing the liberators pounding their squad rooms that are having hell rained down on them.

Every change the devs seam to make to this game in my opinion favors the platoon + zerg. How about a mechanic that gives you a 50% damage protection from a new attacker for 2 seconds after being hit by someone else, that way if you fly your lib over 150 enemy on accident you at least might have a chance to eject before 5-10 AA maxes and 3 skyguards obliterate you. This game is turning into either run with the zerg or log out.
  8. killerdudee

I have 600 hours of PS2 time and NOW I figure out there is 3rd person?
  9. maxboy

This patch actually works very well on my rig, FX8350 & HD7850.
    Before the patch max fps I got was 6x fps and 3x fps in very large battle @ 1200p and ultra setting except motion blur.

Now I got 5x -6x fps everywhere even in very large battle. I have smoothing disabled.
  10. Akuratron

Awesome job SOE! Only been hearin' good things about it... some guy happily said in proximity chat 'oh man I REALLY love this patch'.

On another note, with my FX-6300 and GTX 660 I got a like...40-45% FPS increase... epic, and now there is hope for pops to be legit on weekdays (today there were at least like 3-4 really large battles on Mattherson, that's right, on a TUESDAY. Good job SOE.
  11. Boosted

Awesome job SOE. There's a third person view on infantry?
  12. balakadut

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that what it means by 3rd person view is when you look at someone else's model/ body animations or someone else loking at your model/ body animations, not you as a player being able to play in third-person view.
    • Up x 1
  13. Galdor

Wow, the performance is horrible now. My fps read 60 but everything far away looks choppy and I rubber band just from walking. Plus, people are teleporting all over the place and a lot of shots aren't registering. I was standing right next to a sunderer shooting it with rockets with no enemies to stop me and they didn't do anything, not even a hit indicator. I feel like maybe they could have fixed some of the stuff that was broken instead of breaking all this stuff that was working.

Also, I preferred it when the hit points and shield meters were readable. Why make them thin little lines?
  14. 13arracuda

Not sure I like the sound of drop pod changes. Was that supposed to like, make LA more viable or something? Were people not playing Light Assault enough? Because the downside is this makes defending a base - which was already easier, campier and more "farmy" than attacking - even easier, campier and more "farmy." If you're trying to attack and your squad loses a Sundy, your push is done. You can't reinforce. You spawn at the "nearest" spawn, which is like a mile away, and you have to hoof it to action while the rest of your squad is outnumbered and getting rocked. I understand squad beacon is still an option, but with the way they scream "OVER HERE! COME AND DESTROY ME", we all know how long those things last. Now you can't cloak, sneak past the line of enemy defense and drop pod your squad on their heads without setting off a gigantic alarm.

In my opinion, the only fix squad spawn needed was you shouldn't be able to spawn on a dead SL.

Also don't see the point of the dart fix. Seems to render vehicle radar upgrades even more useless, and again, helps defense instead of attack.
  15. ericray

Well i gotta say, GOOD JOB SOE i used to get ~40 fps on ~medium graphics now I'm getting MAX 35 FPS ON LOW and it feels GLITCHY as hell not to mention the constant 15 fps in 48+ battles.... YEAH worst performance than before. and what is up with the hitching thing. My screen froze a couple of times and i had to minimise then maximise the game to get it working again. WOW this is what i've been waiting for ?????????
  16. Brasil

translated by google

I agree.

The indicator hp and shield was not good.
    Is more polluted than the hud with the small icon tank ships and allies, plus the engineer of the towers.

There is also grotesque error:

I hope that SOE arrange these problems.
  17. Furio613

This patch is AWESOME!!!

Just spent 1.5 hrs having an amazing fight taking Indar Excavation from Quartz Ridge. There were so many people and the game just hummed along at max FPS (max settings, smoothing enabled) with no problems.

!! CONGRATS DEVS !!
  18. Alexanor

Seriously, when will developers understand that:

GRAPHICS DO NOT MAKE A GAME.

Do they help? Absolutely. What this game needs though is not an update on graphics, it needs CONTENT. Where are the implants? Where are the continents? Where are the extra vehicles? Where are the BFRs? Where are the guns? I am so damn sick of fighting at the same choke points on Indar all the time, every time.
  19. [HH]Mered4

I am happy to announce that flares work in some capacity.

I'm not sure, but they worked the first time i activated them after logging in.
    Broke the lock and missile just fine.

yay!
  20. Jeff French

are you seeing benefits in using your SLI build?