PU01 Patch Notes: Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Farroq

I have a low end PC, I feel like it is worse when i get in big battles
  2. James2444

Hope there's not too many bugs.
    Been waiting for this update for a long time..

Thanks SOE ;)
  3. SurgeonX

So far, so good, although I haven't had any massive battles yet...

[IMG]
  4. Ouch Electric

It plays like a dream now. Thank you!
  5. Eli Grey

When smoothing is enabled, my fps is capped to 60 instead of 120. Please make the smoothing option take refresh rate into consideration.
  6. SilverAura

Wow, this is the first patch where I can honestly say there is a definite night and day difference between how it used to be and how it is now. This is amazing.
  7. Katalepsis

Why did you ruin the Scythe and Magrider cosmetics? Now suddenly they have forced purple accents regardless of our camo schemes and the Magrider is even more pronounced when you have the armor plating add-on we paid for. They were colored perfectly before this patch to include our camo skins. Suffice it to say they look terribad as it stands now. Genuine kudos for the major patch and exceptional work enhancing system performance, but have you looked at the vehicle impacts? My loaded up Magrider truly looks like a cosmetic disaster, and the Scythe is hardly better. Both are extremely unattractive now and that's legitimate consensus so far in WG chat as well, a very common complaint.

The other vehicles seem largely unaffected (my custom camo and add-on cosmetics for my Liberator, Galaxy, Harasser, Flash, Lightnings, and Sunderer all look fine/normal). Please repair the camo coding on the Magriders and Scythe so that it covers the entire vehicle(s) again, especially added on armor plating. I haven't looked at my other ESF or tanks for my TR and NC alts yet.
  8. redgroupclan

I haven't played yet because the update is downloading, but if this is all true, NONE of it is cool. I would very much like these changes to be reverted. The drop pod destruction tactic isn't one I use, but that's ridiculous to have to have a Sunderer or spawn beacon to squad deploy at an enemy base. If you already have those at a base, what's the point of using squad deploy? Please, someone give me an answer to this. It feels like I'm missing something because as it stands right now the logic doesn't add up.

Argreed. Bring back enemy vehicle occupancy count. I would like to know if an incoming Galaxy would be a problem, or if I can approach a Sunderer to destroy it without worrying about gunners inside it, or if a Harasser rolling around is something to avoid.

Also the new HP and shields bars look stupid and out of place. All that should be changed back too.
    • Up x 1
  9. Naceo

In your UserOptions.ini file you can find the section [Rendering] and add the following lines:

Smoothing=1
    SmoothingMaxFramerate=60
    SmoothingMinFramerate=20

This worked in the test server so you might want to look into it in adjusting the smoothing option.

Patch is Uber smexy BTW.
  10. Zeverouis

Before this update, my game would crash from time to time, it was pretty normal for me..
    Fps didn't increase (but I didn't expect it to), the graphics are awesome now. However.. The game just randomly CLOSES on itself after about 10 to 20 minutes of playing. Could anyone help me out?
  11. Nintyuk

I like the new look for the Magrider as for me they look sleeker and more intimidating, haven't seen a scythe up close yet to get a opinion. But the galaxy camo changes are a bit overkill, the coverage when from 100% to something like 20% with the entire side uncamoed and the wings only partially covered. Plus For the NC their is no yellow at all! it's just all boring blue which doesn't really go with any of my vehicle camouflage or any that are available to the general public.
  12. Zakum

With great patches,comes great bugs.I can't play!I'm having the G16 error D=
  13. vulcan78

Well I have to say that I am seeing maybe 10 more FPS both at warpgate and during zergs BUT this is with PhysX disabled. I could have picked up 10 FPS easy before just by simply turning off PhysX myself. So basically for me I lose PhysX for 10 FPS? That is the OMFG I waited for? Lame.

System in sig.
  14. Schwak

Guess its time to have zepher libs on permanent stand by during alerts.
  15. PixelsThe

Finally fixed the double loading screen? HUZZAH!
  16. AllenOne

Greatly enjoying the performance boost! It runs like butter.

I do have a small beef, though. Minor screen tearing. Anyone else getting this new with the patch?
  17. The Rogue Wolf

To be honest, I'd quit playing this game some time ago because of framerate issues. Unless I had just about everything turned off, I wouldn't get above 40FPS just standing at a warpgate, and in battles I'd see it sometimes drop into the teens.

Now? Well, I haven't had the time to check out a warzone yet, but at the warpgate I've turned on a significant number of bells and whistles and it just stays pegged at 59-60 FPS. I am quite frankly tempted to call the Vatican and have this declared an official miracle.

I'll have to get into the thick of things to see how well the improvements hold up in the bulletspam heat of battle, but for now... consider me duly impressed.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nintyuk

Well before turning stuff down tended to make things worse because the issues were cpu side rather than graphics side.
  19. Blazeheart

I was wondering if this update would me get greater fps as my system isnt the problem. Its my graphics card. Just wondering... Any help would be great....
  20. Tangles

Added a frame rate smoothing option. (This is on by default and trust us, you probably want this. It will make your frame rate smoother and reduce spikes. Your FPS counter will show as lower overall, but that’s not a bad thing.)

When you mouse over that Smoothing option it says Default = Off. Is this a typo?