Vanu Labs: "Shade" VS Sniper Rifle <3

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Crackulous

The NC one looks gorgeous.

Would the TR like mustard on their hotdog gun?
    • Up x 1
  2. Astraka

That NC one looks pretty good. Shame about the hot pants & sports bra thing.
    • Up x 1
  3. DeadliestMoon

?
    "Hotdog gun"?
  4. Vaphell

Are you suggesting that this fine weapon should become Mustarde's trademark? ;)
  5. Scan

These rifles look rather cool.

Can they transform into robots?

Looking from the designs I think the NC will be a railgun that fires projectiles the size of basketballs. High damage, low RoF.

The TR will be most likely be something that can fire accurate bursts from far away. Having lower damage, but higher RoF.

And the VS will be a beamweapon that charges like bzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZPOW!! Which will add alot of versatility but will be quite easy to spot.

Ofcourse this is just a hypothesis.
  6. MrMurdok

I can just feel the powercreep up my spine.
    • Up x 3
  7. squairs

NC one looks gorgeous, TR one meh... VS one is hideously ugly
    I mean seriously.... It's just too much
  8. CuteBeaver

We VS like flashy over the top weapons likely to injure ourselves while holding. Look at those glorious edges! Defo not child friendly.
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadliestMoon

Not only is saying "hideously ugly" redundant, but it's also subjective. I think it looks fine.
  10. MajiinBuu

I'm still waiting on a Nanite Systems sniper rifle.
  11. Chemicalnurd

You know, a sniper rifle would be one of the few things in this game that wouldn't suck *** as a charge weapon... And you could add in some elements so that while it's charging you're more visible or more vulnerable in some way to balance it out, but if you fully charge it and get a shot off it inflicts some fat damage.

Hell, we could even go half and half with a solid beam rifle and have this thing inflict pretty low damage with a solid beam while it's charging - which has the downside of showing the enemy exactly where they're being shot at from while you try and charge up - and then when it finishes charging it delivers a hard pulse to finish off the attack. After that there'd be a short cooldown equivilent to the bolt pull on any other rifle. The visual effect of the solid beam that you fire while charging could be tweaked as needed to either give a vaguer impression of the sniper's location or a more precise one depending on what balance calls for. It'd be an interesting dynamic to have a rifle where it's absolutely essential that you reposition after every shot (or just have some serious balls) though (because firing this thing at a crowd would paint a big glowing target on your face in the same way firing a lasher does), if it could be done right.

Of course it'd probably have to inflict more damage than a bolt action at full charge and people would complain real hard about that, so it's never going to happen, 'cause asymmetry is a dirty word in this game; although I would love to see this happen and it'd be awesome if the NC and TR could both have similar unique styles of rifle, just to increase the faction differences - think the MCG, Jackhammer and Lasher, but sniper rifle counterparts (okay, let's not give the NC a shotgun with a sniper scope though).
    • Up x 2
  12. squairs

I seemed to have missed the "do not post opinions" sign.
    also "pleonasm", look it up ;)

and youre right, it does look quite ok in the video (the render just looked odd)
  13. Epicstrat

I look toward to the NC's gun. It looks totally badass! Can't help but notice it has no scope on it but the other two do. Could NC be getting a super SAS-R/ TSAR/ Ghost (is that the low zoom bolt action vanu has?)?
  14. Scan

What ever it is going to be, a Sniper Lazor rifle would be something very fitting to the VS faction. I am used to being on the move all the time, so having to reposition won't be much of an issue. I don't think we need to glow as we charge this thing. I think it'll be hard enough to having to wait for it to charge, before you can get the OHK, as well as having to wait for the target to hold still for a moment. A solid beam would be awesome as far as visual effects go, but as you said not very good for stealth sniping.

The NC's design looks like something that has been put together from different parts, of diffrent weapons and maybe vehicles. It looks like something that's been scavenged and put together into something useful Mcguyver style. Quite well done I suppose as the NC just used whatever they can get their hands on. I expect this thing to hit like a truck, but might kill it's wielder in the process. :p

I am unsure what to think about the TR design yet. It looks rather unconventional for TR. It's not bad looking, it's just not something I'd expect being used by the TR. There's too much round and curves in it I suppose. The TR is about efficiency and practicality, not much about being pretty to look at.
  15. Anvildude

Hotdog gun to go with their hamburger tank. Would you like Fries with that?
  16. Dargadon

Have strong feeling they`ll have 1 bullet in clip :eek:
  17. Sworaven

Everything except the barrel looks good. It makes the entire gun look like it's some malformed balloon animal.

I get that the TR weapons need to have round elements in it but the barrel looks round just for the sake of being round. It doesn't seem to have any functional purpose compared to the other round parts of the gun.
  18. Padapong

NC sr looks really nice. Like a big*** nailgun or something like that.
    TR one looks okayish i guess? The barrel looks a lil' bit weird.
    VS one... normally i like over-the-top ( big purple rubber... things in Saints Row 3), but that thing? I don't know. Change it's name from shade to shard and it makes sense.
  19. MarkAntony

I really like the way the NC sniper rifle looks. Now I hope it'll actually be useful.
  20. DeathSparx

I'm expecting the NC's gun to be a gauss rifle/cannon of sorts. The TR's rifle I find to be interesting because it has the magazine port on the right side which probably means it will have low-moderate recoil and a fast fire rate. The VS Rifle is most likely going to be a lasor of sorts (although it hasn't been rendered like the other two, I still enjoy the look of the concept drawing).

Can't wait 'til they go to test server with the new gunz.