When did the Combat Medic become an issue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sock

Small squad play relies on not getting completely wiped. If you're constantly counting on revives to keep your squad together, your squad isn't very good.
    • Up x 1
  2. Phazaar

Lol
  3. Primarkka

Die, log out, log back in and ta da, your death statistic has one more death along with a death in the counter of your player's page.
  4. MrK

You have to counter a fast respawning, higher number of ennemies. You need fast revives as a small squad because the respawn timer in PS2 is super low.
    I don't get your remark, tbh. If you are completely wiped, the revive mecanic is irrelevant .....
    Each dead in a small squad is a significant portion of the squad taken out. You need them back up at the same rate the opposition will come back. The slower the revive, the more impacting the act of revive is on the squad operation.
    It has less impact on a large group because the medic reviving (ie, not in combat) represents a far smaller portion of your force proportionally. => fast revives better for small scale groups. It has to be scaled correctly with the respawn timers. Which are quite low in PS2. That's why you have these fast revives in PS2

As I always suggest in these medic threads : we'd better look at a gibbing mecanic like implemented for Stroggs in ET:QW, instead of nerfing / removing something which is balanced with another part of the game.
    Giving the ability to gib downed people (ie, preventing them to be revived) with a couple of knife slashes on the corpse would nicely do the trick.
    Though also, SOE could give a good look at the revive timer for MAXes, that I can concede.
  5. ChicoFuerte

How about just walking over a downed combatant? I mean, I like the speed of this game, but I don't want to take the time to go "knife" a body.
  6. Patrician

People are just complaining about whatever killed them last; it really is quite sad to see how seriously some take this game..
  7. MrK

EDIT : bad quoting double post, sry!
  8. MrK

imho the action should be a conscious decision, and take some time to achieve too. You "claim" the ground you just cleared.
  9. DxAdder

SOE isn't going to change anything anytime soon, they don't have the budget to waste on this and it's not a game breaking issue.

If you change how revive's work then the Zerg will be unstoppable, the sheer numbers and low TTK will make trying to defend
    a pointless exercise.

Not to mention that if people playing medic's are going to make less exp due to the changes they will go play another
    class or there will over all be less medics on the field.

And there is no difference between an LA dropping a brick of C4 and dropping 20 people and the rez grenade bringing them back.
    one is the counter to the other.

I do see the problem that if small groups are trying to assault a facility and the don't have the resources to take it
    due to the fact the defenders can rez faster then them but also that's poor planning i.e not bring a Sundi or medics
    along for the fight. In any case you really need to kill the healers first !
  10. Rene Korda

Yup, this is even better. I think your idea warrants a separate post here and/or on reddit.
    • Up x 1
  11. ChicoFuerte

Do you know the story about The Fox and the Grapes?

When the fox fails to reach the grapes, he decides he doesn't want them after all. Rationalization (making excuses) is often involved in reducing anxiety about conflicting cognitions, according to cognitive dissonance theory.

Your forum signature indicates that this game is beyond your grasp, much like the grapes are to the fox, and therefore the grapes must be sour.
    • Up x 2
  12. Lamat

It would be cool if friendly medics had a way to supress the revives of enemy medics.
  13. Navus

SOE doesnt support assisted sucide...
  14. gualty

I'm not used to reddit and stuff, so feel free to take what came out from our shared thoughts and reddit it (?) or make another post.
    I will support in any way.
    We came from separate ways and we met in the middle.
    Quite unusual for a mmo forum... ;)
    • Up x 1
  15. korpisoturi

i think with the new grenade bandolier game went a bit too spammy on all grenade classes , i just dont understand WHY THE F.... developers ALLWAYS add more spam weaponary even when EVERY F...... IDIOT KNOWS that it makes game play much more frustrating to EVERYONE,well one good thing is that atleast every empire can spam equally.
    • Up x 1
  16. MrK

Same happened in PS1 with the 3-grenade stack "upgrade". Because you know, aiming is frakking hard and taking damage from people missing you and in fact, not even having a LoS on you is so much fun....
  17. jak

Stewart, you've figured us out. :( I was planning to post a nerf LA thread next...
  18. Chinchy

speed up the heal rate, problem solved :)
  19. Chinchy

11 almost dead players you mean.
  20. CptFirelord

The introduction of ZOE