Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. LT_Latency

Because it not gone, There was always bases that tanks could get to, They are just bigger now so they can actual have more then just MAX wars inside them
  2. Stew360

now you know that i know what iam talking about when i say its easy to farm infantry ;)

I mostly play infantry all the time , just take a look at my stats , i play vehicules when i have to and i play infantry most of the time

thats said , they were enough peoples to take me down in no time but instead of that they seams to have prefer to be farm lol

at least i wasent killing them in their spawn i was stopping a zergs from mooving foward and take our octagone :)

Well i did not found it fun , but found it funny ,actually me and my clan mate as reach this position to ( sucessfully kill 3 prowler who was pin down our position at the octogone , after that ive turn and bang the zergs was rigth there in front of me so i just start to stop them from mooving foward ;)

it was the rigth moove for this situations , they could have kill me a billions time especially the infamous TR lock on masters
  3. Stew360

you register on the forum june 28 ... then after not even 1 months in the game you are considering to Desub ? based on the new esamir AWESOME bases design ?

These bases are the best ever made so far and provide us some true infantry space , the walls have tons of different entrance and you can use (squad deploy , squad beacons , and galaxy drop to get in if you cant do it by the walls entrance lol

We call thats using our brain , also there is a tons of bases who dont have full walls and just partial walls so yeah

Sorry to say but your accont smell like a 2x or 3x accont of somesones who want to glorified his point of view i migth be wrong but ...
    • Up x 1
  4. Knarfis

But its you vehicle operators that are the cause this kind of thinking.

You guys go out and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm, and farm. And then things start changing because of all this farming. But you guys are only partly to blame as the developers also hold responciblity for these actions as well because they allowed this kind of behavior to happen in the first place. You all know that the main gun of the MTB's where not intended to farm infantry and yet that is their main use. Now that the secondary weapons have become far more useful in killing infantry which admitedly the secondary weapon should be used for, infantry have two guns from one vehicle to deal with. The same can be said for air vehicles, rocket pods are great and intended for vehicle combat yet is primarly used for infantry.

Now as far as the walling up of bases around Essimer, just look back in the history of warfar on this planet and you will see many examples of this exact base construction. So its no wonder PS2 has gone in this direction in order to "protect" the bases from attackers.

These base changes where inevitable but also brought on by the actions of those that pilot vehicles hell bent on getting easy kills.

Knarfis
    • Up x 2
  5. LoneMaverick

The main problem we have with this sadly is that Infantry counters Armor, bases still aren't defensible. and the "Everyman" soldier problem that we have with the FTP/new generation model.

Most of this will not, CAN NOT be changed(if it's kept FTP, which it will be)

What PS1 did right was instead of "classes", you had a set amount of certs you could spend, making people specialize in what they wanted to do/were good at.

With the ability for anyone to be 10/10 HA, 10/10 Medic, 10/10 ESF/MBT/LIB/Sundy driver means is that no matter what you do, **** will be spammed...simply because anyone who's played for more than 10 hours in this game should be effective at everything in the game.

Unless some drastic measures are taken sooner or later (and they wont be...lowest common denominator, FTP, etc, etc.) this game will die a slow death in 1-2 years with SOE lining its pocket and funding EverquestNEXT, their next big cash cow.
  6. Vortok

Although it may combine them I think infantry, armor, and air all farming the same targets probably isn't quite what they meant by combined arms.

I've shot at several vehicles from my tank already (in between bases, too) without a dozen HA/AV turrets interrupting the fight. Give it time.
  7. eldarfalcongravtank

i'd love the new esamir bases if they werent so huge infantry clusterf***s
  8. f0d

the walls were actually one change i approved of (and i was one of the people asking for such things since the beginning of the game) what i dont approve of is the slow nerfing of tanks and the constant buffing and adding infantry AV capabilitys
    i like the walls but it makes the vehicle warfare problems more noticable

the problem is mostly the direction the game has gone since release and even before release us dedicated tankers were asking for separate drivers and gunners for tanks http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?p=777790#post777790 which would have solved many of the problems

i dont blame the players for doing what they do (like you obviously do blame tankers for killing infantry) i blame the direction the game has gone and the devs for making it so which is why i want major changes to the vehicle/infantry gameplay
  9. Chipay

Sounds like the Magrider :D
  10. Stew360

Thread like this kinda remind me this kind of complain lol

• Up x 1
  11. Stew360

I have no problem at farming infantry or kill MBT or anything , anytime lol , Iam a BF players since bf1942 and iam a Ps1 players from 2003 as well so yeah ... I know how to drive and use vehicules , and aircraft , the only thing is that i8 prefere to play infantry but i like both

Older bases design simply allow the vehicules to FARM infantry in their SPAWN and thats was basically spawn killing fest nothing more iam glad that esamir is like it is now

Bases are kinda like Ps1 bases now and infantry can still be farms outside of the bases outside of their spawn were they can react if they are not to stupid to do so ...

here is my own little farming on esamir yesterday ... so yeah
    • Up x 1
  12. Unclematos7

Your segregation would not have been necessary if you and your fellow tankers didn't have your HEAT/HE cannons constantly pointed at the spawnrooms. I use a full AP Vanguard and that helps me because now infantry can't spam AP from the safety of the spawnshields.
    We are now seperate but equal:D.
    Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, and segregation forever!:cool:.
  13. Excretus Maximus

Forum registration has absolutely nothing to do with game registration, they are connected in no way.
  14. HerpTheDerp

Planetside 2 utilized combined arms? When?
  15. Emotitron

How would this be any better if all of those dots were infantry instead though? That spawn room would be no less of a farm. This is the photo of a zerg (that seems more interested in camping that spawn room that hopping over to that A point). Any Vanu spawning there into that mess kind of deserves to be farmed.

Spawn room camps are what is not fun. That being said, I would like to see more bases with barriers to limit vehicles shooting in. A few bases that air or tanks can reach is fine, but right now too many bases require running through open spaces to get to the point. A mix of closed bases (like Bios), shielded bases (where the shield generators can be taken down by infantry), and open bases would offer some variety.
  16. RobotNinja

By strategy and skill do you mean 20 tanks, ESFs and Libs all camping outside a single spawnroom and instagibbing anyone who sticks a toe out or gets too close to the shield door and gets killed by the blast radius from lolpods/tankspam, while the attackers complain about how lame it is that the defenders aren't marching outside the shield doors in a single-file line to get lolpodded/tankspammed or instagibbed by a platoon or two of infantry?

Zerg hordes surrounding spawnrooms and instagibbing everyone with complete impunity to respawn more or just run and repair is part of the reason why they made this change.

It's not "a numbers game now." It's always been a numbers game.

Ah, I see my point has already been made by another astute forumsider.

• Up x 2
  17. TheNozzel

100% agree m8. SOE just wants to shut people up.
  18. TheNozzel

You keep using the excuse that tanks camp spawns and 'can farm infantry'. I can farm infantry just fine with my MAX suit, no one is banning those are they?

It's flawed completely, if you lose a base, everyone camps spawns. Not just tanks. Keeping them out of the base is the wrong way to do things. Sure, give infantry more cover (I love the trees and additional rocks and such) but walling off a base just makes a worse grind out of something.
    • Up x 1
  19. Yerk

I'm pretty sure the OP's definition of "combined-arms" is pointing a dozen Prowlers on a spawn room LOL.

What's the matter? Can't take a base on foot without dual burst Prowler HE spamming? :eek:

There are plenty of tank fights outside of bases. They are there to prevent the enemy from advancing into the base. Now if you just want bomb infantry with your tank from a faraway hill as they exit the spawn, I guess you're out of luck.
    • Up x 2
  20. TheNozzel

No there are not plenty of tank fights outside of bases. They're too busy getting vaporized by infantry.
    • Up x 3