GU12 Discussion

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Jul 10, 2013.

1. jeuvisage

2. Hatamoto

Still no option to turn off HUD items, an easy fps fix for heavy combat ... but no, apparently not interested in giving everyone a couple of extra fps.
  3. Kapernum

Yeah, GU11 is fresh in the memory. I'm still young though.
  4. Bearcat

Some nice bug fixes, some new features, and nothing that pisses me off. I give this GU a thumbs up :)
  5. DFDelta

Sigh. I only really have one complaint about this GU.

It is 12 ******* GUs in now and we STILL CAN'T ******* SEE INFANTRY DECALS ON COMPOSITE ARMOR.
    I've honestly never thought I'd ever see a company that refuses to take my money so ardently.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordMondando

lululuzlz

I remember when patches made my character desync with the server for weeks at a time becuase I was running a certain OC, or blue screen my computer.

You kids don't know nuthin.

Anyway just actually tried it. AMS nogoland might be interesting, certainly make attacking harder. Which given the slight ease of that compared to defence might have profound effects.

Rec servers for specific empires is also working like a charm. Hopefully this really starts to make an impact finally, last time Miller was under the newbie funnel, we got just as many TR as NC or VS and the effect was minimal. Problem might finally go away. You'll all also note, Matherson is rec only for TR.

New slots are a god send, yes you have to in some sense 'pay' for them, but games got to make money.

Also seem to have changed a bunch of weapons models and not told anyone.

Need to have a go at the new tutorial in a bit.
  7. IBleedblueyellow

cool.....now the 1% of gaming rigs that can run this game above 20 fps in battles can buy more "village people" costumes and bad hats.

optimize ur engine for the masses soe.....more players sticking around=more money
  8. Oathblivion

You know, I try to make a habit of not criticizing a company for content-poor patches, because of the whole "free" thing. However, when you posted the vehicle resource progress thread on the forums, the changes went live with the next update.

Then you posted the ESF content changes, and now they're not going live until at least a couple updates from now? Despite my best efforts not to be, I am... disappointed.

*But hey, at least TF2 is slated to get an amazing update this week!*
  9. KlyptoK

Good Changes so far.
  10. llPendragon

This is too little, too late. The population issues need an immediate fix.

What the hell does this even mean?

So far I've spent about 2,000 certs on 4 different weapons, each eventually nerfed or changed into something completely different. This will make it 5.
    I wonder how many hours of my life I've wasted to upgrade items that I no longer want to use?

Excellent change.

Excellent change.

With vehicle resources already encouraging Sunderers to deploy 3 km away, I'm not sure this is even needed.
  11. Stigma

Agreed. In my opinion I view this pretty incremental patch focused towards general polish and bugfixing to be a good sign. Sure its not as exciting as big sweeping changes to the core gameplay or new big content updates, but these sorts of patches are the ones that make the game really solid in the long run. I'd much rather wait a little more on new content than that they rush forwards and do everything half-***** and never polish out anything because its "good enough" and they can't afford the time to do so.

People say "underwhelming" in this thread but that's BS. These changes are very broad indeed, touching on many different systems in the game. There is probably a lot more work going into an update like this than there is in releasing a new vehicle. Just because it isn't such a "in your face" change as a new continent is dosn't mean that it took any less work to make it happen. Solid fundamentals and polish are incredibly important, and I for one am impressed with the speed of development and new content being added. Not a lot of other games out there (especially not F2P) can compare very favorably to what we have seen in PS2 in terms of development speed post-launch I think.

-Stigma
    • Up x 3
  12. Adamar09

People who enjoy getting XP from actually playing the game. Alerts encourage immensely dull gameplay.
  13. Cl1mh4224rd

They haven't wasted "so much time". The Fury nerf was done months ago, but because of some bad timing with it going on sale the same day the changes went to the PTS, which caused people to blow a gasket and spawned the ridiculous "item on sale? nerf incoming!" conspiracy theory, they held off.
  14. Cl1mh4224rd

Also, there are too many people around here that apparently view game updates like the housing market. Not every update is going to be better than the one that came before it.

Also, stop crying in one post and then returning 2 minutes later to continue crying in another post. That's just dumb. But it's helped to identify a number of new additions to my ignore list.
  15. simmi1717

No sunderer zones only in some areas.... not everywhere. Calm down. And the fury needed to be nerfed? Everyone asked for it... seriously
  16. simmi1717

Weren't a lot of people saying they need to work on the major issues in the game rather than on more content? Issues like balancing pops, optimization etc.
  17. Chowley

Weirdest thing. I am getting much better performance after the patch.
    Getting around 40-45 fps in fairly large battles. In a relatively empty biolab i was getting 50ish fps, usually get 30 in an empty biolab. My gpu is actually being used for the first time since I started playing PS2 (I dont actually mean that literally, so walk away pedants), its heating up and the fan is actually spinning :p.
    AMD CPU and GPU here.
  18. simmi1717

So here I am starting the game and I see 253 mb installing. I'm like "What is this?" A patch? a hotfix? And then on the side I read "servers down for GU12" and I go OMG OMG ESF update is here so fast. Then I click the link and start reading the notes and I scroll down to find vehicle updates.... and "Where the fu** is ESF update section"... Scroll down more. End of notes. :(
    • Up x 1
  19. simmi1717

make a new character... possibly on another server?
  20. Ownasaurusrex

Can changes be implemented sooner to keep things interesting up until updates? Galaxies could have received a repair/restock module quite easily by now. This balance change sooner would allow devs to tweak ESF weapon damages better after seeing in public test how they work with new battlefield dynamics.

That and rotary tweaks for all factions. Can't this stuff be released already? I think these easily modifiable game changes be implemented ASAP to satisfy costumers so new things are more readily purchased.