Planetside 2 Keeps Crashing, Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ComradePuppy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Locke

I'm having the same issue since the latest update. The game just disappears or freezes up. I've run the game just fine for months with no issues previously. Turning off particles has seemingly made it more stable but hasn't fixed the problem completely. Sometimes it runs for hours with no issues and then at other times I will get a lot of crashes within a 30min period.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM
    ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    320.49 Drivers
  2. SmellyCakes

If you have an Nvidia GPU, revert back to 314.22 driver. That helped me a bunch. Went from crashing 4 or more times an hour to less than 1 time every 2 hours. Its worth a shot.
  3. Valena

Logged off for about an hour to cool off after a string of crashes lasting over three hours made me see red and tempted me to take a baseball bat to my computer. Logged back in and got in the queue for Indar. As a subscriber it took less than a minute to get through and begin warping to Indar. When the prompt came up I hit the Y key to warp and instantly CTD without any error message.

Yeah. That Uninstall tab on my launcher is looking really pretty right now.
  4. OriginalPodster

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

That is all.
  5. Orchestra

I figure here is as good a place as any to vent my frustration. I've tried every fix I could find, on and off the forums. Nothing seems to resolve this and I've got no response for the support ticket I created (two days and counting). I first played this game many months ago, but decided to leave it for later because of persistent crashes, thinking that maybe the issue would be resolved. Now I've come back to find it's worse, not better.

I love what I can play of this game, but I can't justify spending more time logging in and out than actually playing.
  6. Rab-Chris

Hey guys. I have the same problem even though my computer runs the game just fine. I have noticed a pattern and occurrences are more common when my PhysX is on (even on Low). Turning it off seems to be the answer but I'd rather not have to.

Windows 8 x64
    8 Gb DDR3 UDIMM Mushkin Stealth
    Nvidia EVGA Geforce GTX 660
    AMD FX Unlocked 6300 6-Core 3.5 GHz
    HDD 1TB
    Asrock 970 Extreme3
    Cosair CX600 ATX
  7. Manc

I had the exact same problem, crashing to desktop without an error, sometimes even caused a BSOD. I tried various fixes including rolling back drivers to 314.22 which helped a little as did validating my game assets regularly. However since I installed the 320.49 beta driver I've not had a single crash apart from the game not being able to exit properly which seems to be unrelated & more widespread. My specs are in my sig below.
  8. DidYouSeeDat

I rolled back to 314.22 and did not crash for a whole 2 HOURS. I got off after that but compared to the crashing I had every 15 minutes, it was a huge improvement. I also re installed the game with no interruptions (closing the downloader/pausing). I played on Max graphics with the exception of Fog shadows with GPU physix on High. I downgraded yesterday and only crashed once. 320.49 back to 314.22 was a huge improvement. I recommend anyone with Nvidia crads to try it.

Yes it did
  9. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Please pm Jesse or myself your ticket reference number so we can personally look into this for you.
  10. BudMcDragon

Hello all. I can confirm for myself that disabling in game voice chat allows me to play a lot longer before any crashes. As soon as I enable in game voice chat, I will crash anywhere from instantly to within 15 minutes as opposed to the hour or so I get with voice off. Perhaps the voice chat is something for Sony to look at if they altered it in some way in the last game update. They still haven't really figured out the system because their menu options are so wonky. Various PhysX settings didn't affect my crash rates.

BTW, mine are clean CTD's. No error messages.

Specs in case that matters. Seems like a complete software bug to me.
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    MSI MPower Max Z87
    i7-4770k
    EVGA Geforce Titan GTX SC
    4x4GB G.SKill 2134MHz 9-10-9-28
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
    SATA 6Gb SSD's, regular HD's etc. etc.
  11. Ciddie

Having the same issue, have tried everything i can think of before coming across this thread, I've reloaded my OS, reinstalled PS2.

Rig:

i7 950
    12Gb RAM
    128Gb SSD
    Win7 x64
    nvidia 660ti

Will try rolling back the nVidia drivers later on.

Out of interest is there any official confirmation this this is either:

a) a recognised issue by SoE
    b) being looked at

Anyone got some twitter handles other than Smedley that we can harass ? ;)
  12. Impostafarian

Just started playing this after all of my friends said it was awesome and i just HAD to play it. Three tries and three CTD's right after I got to the action. This is some bat guano!
  13. Longman

I have a GTX 760 and am crashing very often. Even with physics off. Sometimes I can play for few hours sometimes I have 3 crashes within 15 minutes. I will try reroll my driver and hope it get fixed. 2 weeks ago i had a Radeon HD 5xxx and never had such many crashes but I want this physics thing badly. Thats why i choose nvidia GPU. I'd rather give up playing before using that old radeon again.
  14. Nate

15. Tony Hansen

I have the same issue and my friend to, i am running a ASUS GTX 660TI DirectCU II TOP and a Core I7 3770K 4,2 GHz and 8 GB ram, my friend run a high end AMD platform, still same thing the game simply quit with no warning no error message it just closes itself that's it after around 10 to 30 min of gameplay this happens.
  16. Jevy

ive had the game CTD multiple times with no error msg and after disabling physics it hasnt crashed since. play 6 hrs no crash, turn on physics and bam, ctd
  17. Flipwin

I have the same issue.

The game just crashes to desktop randomly. Tis very annoying.

Cx
  18. SShocK

For those who didn't try it yet, go ahead and disable PhysX GPU Particles.
    It is crashing many people and has been for a long time now. Nothing you can do about it on your end.
  19. Basler Jones

I just started playing this game,yesterday and i crashed a lot,i really want to play this game but it keep crashing its annoying :C
  20. SShocK

So did you have PhysX enabled? (GPU Particles) If not try and disable it, see how that works for you.

To those crashing without GPU PhysX: Try disable Vsync. This used to crash me during beta, i have not used it since then so i don't know if it still does. (it's a guess but worth a shot maybe?)