Planetside 2 Keeps Crashing, Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ComradePuppy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. sjtw_w_stot

Update card drivers.
    update directx
    then do this:
    1. on your desktop press Start
    2. go to All programs>Accessories>
    3. Right click on Command Prompt (CMD) and run AS ADMINISTRATOR <- thats important
    4. inside CMD, type: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072
    5. Press ENTER
    6. Reboot your computer
    7. Enjoy Planetside 2 :)

Played for an hour without a crash where before it would crash every 5 - 10 minutes and EVERYTIME I died in a tank. This time I died in a tank a couple times, no crash.
  2. Aethestis

Having hard locks while playing planetside two, suspect its related to video card being jacked into a bad state by the game.

This rarely if ever happened before, and suddenly three times today in under an hour of play time. I played just last night for many hours without any crashes at all. Ive played for months without any crashes in fact.

Can play ANYTHING else all day, and it all works fine, and so did this game, until today's update.

• Running Radeon 7850 2gb card and an i7-2600k with 16gb ram,
    • drivers, direct x yada yada ,its all updated as well.

At least we know its not just borked for NVIDIA users, its just a little worse for them right now apparently.
  3. Mayunia

I have the same problem, all work fine for months and on the last patch the crash to desktop start again, yesterday I play for 5 or 10 minutes and the game crash, to day the game crash when loading the map
  4. Private07

I have a problem, first time I start planetside 2 on steam it runs perfectly until I pick my character that i have created to start playing. it just stays in logging in... and never starts. once I close the game and restart it, it doesn't open. when i press the play button in the small window that pops up when you hit play on steam it just crashes. any idea why this happens?
  5. Paulus

Private07, Steam doesn't really like PS2, launch the game from its own executable rather than through steam and you should have no problems.
  6. Wint3rNuk3

THIS IS NOT FOR 64bits Win OS ! keep playing the sorcerer's apprentice and all you will get is BSOD reward. :D
  7. FBVanu

Don't use steam. Lots of posts in these forums about Steam being the death of PS2.
    there are only very few exceptions to that..
    before you do anything else, try it without steam..

then try RazerGameBooster.. free and works for lots of players, check it out on Youtube..

then , after every patch.. open the game directory (wrench icon) delete these files:
    Activity User Data
    Input Profile User
    Launch Pad user
    Loading Screen
    Planetside exe
    Sound Settings
    User Options
    Vivoxoal
    vivoxsdk

some have the 86 and the 64 version, delete both

then validate again

then try to play ...

hope this helps
  8. haneeko

sorry even for me a person with lots of money can have issues with problems of crashing.
    spent over 7k on my computer heres the thing below i have editted tho cause some of it has private numbers i didnt want to share.
    but i do crash without any warnings and have been like this for over a year now and i cant figure it out.

Alienware Aurora
    Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor
    Windows® 7 Professional, 64Bit, English
    Alienware Aurora Premium Liquid Cooling
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX Titan Z with 12GB GDDR5
    8GB (4 X 2GB) Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz
    6TB RAID 0 (2 X 3TB Hard Drives)
    Dual Drives: BD Burn, DVD+RW
    Dell Wireless 1540 802.11a/n Dual Band, High Speed Wi-Fi
    Creative Sound Blaster® Recon3D PCIe Audio Sound Card
    19-in-1 Media Card Reader
    Alienware TactX Keyboard
  9. Lithium43

10. LibertyOne

Add my name to the list. Have tried to play twice since the update. Both times, my machine locks up within 10 minutes. By lock up, I mean black screens, dead keyboard and only option is to physically reboot the box.
  11. FBVanu

have you done this: (?)

after every patch.. open the game directory (wrench icon) delete these files:
    Activity User Data
    Input Profile User
    Launch Pad user
    Loading Screen
    Planetside exe
    Sound Settings
    User Options
    Vivoxoal
    vivoxsdk

some have the 86 and the 64 version, delete both

then validate again

then try to play ...

hope this helps
  12. LibertyOne

No it's not. I got it 4 times last night and again just now. Been going on for a couple months now.
  13. Sensless

Did you try uninstalling any overclocking software?
  14. MasterDk78

A lot of my outfit members are getting these crashes :-( makes them not wonna play, and pay and even thinking about quitting the game coz it makes them so angry.. and seriously, can't blaim them, as they said, in performance and crashing issues never been so bad before the valkkyrie came out. Tho the worst is this pumpkin. Don't know what soe have done, but it makes people not baking able to play. Can't imagine that's a good thing?
  15. MasterDk78

Cmon soe, I contribute to this game, make it playable! :)
  16. Cubez328

Planetside was also crashing my pc.
    I have a GeForce GTX 550 Ti grafic card.

I tried many things and solved the problem:

for Nvidia users:
    uninstall Nvidia Experience Center
    and probably all three Nvidia 3D programs if you dont need them

That worked for me, my pc does not crash anymore while playing planetside2
    Hope that helps
  17. Holzl

Cheers Guys, just a possible Solution or at least a (one) reason for crashes.
    I know this thread is old, but I experienced the same issues featured on this thread (ctd, freezes, reboots) although i just began playing the game but I hope I can help a few people.
    Crashes started quickly to get on my nerves, so I basically tried out every possible fix out there, as u may suspect it didnt really solve the problem. But I found one post: Underclocking graphics card! So I monitored the game with GPU-Z.
    I new that my Hardware couldn´t be the Problem:
    i7-5820K@4,2Ghz; 16GB Ram; 2x 980 4GB in SLI; Win 10; Custom Loop (to absolutely exclude temperature issues on any component for you, System is 100% stable over more than 3 years now)
    Fix that worked for me (at least partially): 90% better Stability and from 5-15min Playtime to over 2h on Ultra Settings (1080p) but with "GPU Particles - OFF" (haven´t tried out turning it on yet) just through underclocking GPU via MSI Afterburner.
    Coreclock -50MHz; Memory Clock -50MHz (you can try even less overall clock)
    (The game uses almost only the first graphics card, just as a side information)
    Here´s the reason why:
    + The game demands only up to 40% off the first GPU until a certain point (which is most likely after more than 2h) but suddenly, and i dont know why, the GPU peaks to 100% load.
    + As a result of that 100% load, the GPU caps performance due to a lack of core voltage (normal procedure so far)
    + And this is in my opinion what the game can´t handle, these dynamic clock boosts respectively throttlings.
    My advice for you:
    + By throttling your clocks generally, you reduce the possibility of a need for automatic throttling of your GPU and therefore your game will crash significantly later and less often than before.

Actual Monitoring via GPU-Z with Information:
    https://picload.org/view/ddoglpca/ps2_monitoring_2.jpg.html
  18. akos

Random crashes still persists to this day.

It is most certainly not a hardware issue. GU11 can and does occur regardless if PhysX it is enabled or not, and the other crashes, yeah, they are there.

It feels like rolling the dice at every startup. Sometimes i can get a decent 6h session in exclusively stupid massive battles with everything running perfectly including YT politics on the other monitor; sometimes i get cut short in 10min.

My developer intuition says that its either an initialization issue or a bad allocation or faulty memory addressing (though memory issues are usually reported by default). The UI would be my first guess (it does not feel cached properly, more like a ... constipated stream, for the lack of a better term).

(Ryzen R2700X, RTX2080ti, 16G TridentZ CL14, Cpu peaks at 65C, Gpu at 75C, all of them overvolted with a very conservative overclock)