Planetside 2 Keeps Crashing, Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ComradePuppy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ComradePuppy

Hello! ComradePuppy here with a bit of a problem...

My Planetside 2 refuses to stay open for long periods of time, and I'm starting to run out of options here.
    THE PROBLEM
    -Planetside 2 Crashes 5-15 minutes of me actually playing the game, does not include the character selection scree or launcher.
    -Starts to lag horrendously before the game crashes.
    -Completely quits out of the game, doesn't freeze up on a screen.

WHAT IV'E DONE
    -Validated files through wrench tool on the launcher
    -Validated files through Steam
    -Re-installed the game
    -Tried various online "solutions"

HARDWARE SPECS
    My hardware shouldn't be the problem, but people always wanting it posted.
    CARD -NVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    MOBO- -ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    RAM -Corsair 8 Gb Vengence
    CPU - Intel i5 3570k

And I have Windows 7, so i'm really lost on what the problem could be. : (

Hope I can get some help, I would really like to play some NC with my buds soon.

Thanks!

-ComradePuppy
    • Up x 8
  2. Xiaobaozha

For the last few weeks I have been getting random CTD sometimes with no "Planetside has stopped working" notification. This was bearable as it remained random and sometimes I could go for hours without a crash.

Following the latest update, I now have hard crashes in the menu screen, requiring task list intervention to close the Planetside program. All but one of the menus, ie stats, map soldier config, vehicle config are working except one. As soon as I select the squad/outfit/friends section, it crashes the game.

I deleted the User.ini to refresh that file and then reconfigured everything in game.

GTX670 on 320.18 drivers

It is getting pretty frustrating...!
  3. Gadamlu

aye, i have this too, run at max settings (not ultra)

at least the crash that ***** up the computer and requires a hard reset/unplugging to turn off the darn computer is gone
  4. Xiaobaozha

5. ComradePuppy

Updated the Physx, still crashing :( what is going on
  6. WraithRage

watch your temps are they higher than normal? many in my outfit are getting heat shutdowns from the gpu
  7. ComradePuppy

I Have 7 Corsair high RPM fans running at full blast xD

I can play Counter Strike, Starcraft 2, Team Fortress 2, and anything on my PC for extended periods of time. Its a planetside thing If it keeps crashing in 5 minutes of starting the game
  8. WraithRage

Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying. It wasn't a jab at your PC's quality. I am saying that something about GU11 is causing some GPUs to heat up more than normal...

My temps have gone up an average of 20 degrees and as I said before, some of my outfit are getting even worse heat spikes (some to the point of having to close the game). They have fairly new hardware (1-2 years old and well maintained).

And yes, clearly it is a Planetside thing.
  9. ComradePuppy

Oh yeah I did read it wrong. Hmm. It might be something like that, But the game crashes in such a short period of time (for me at least) that I dont think that that would be the problem on my end.

Sorry for reading it wrong! :c

Would be nice if devs could say something about the problem, Haven't been able to fight the good fight
  10. Demuerte

Same problems here, six crashes so far tonight. Changed the game from being decent most of the time to not worth wasting my time loading.
  11. notyourbuddy

I'm getting random crashes post GU11 due to a fault in the PhysX3_86.dll module (if the Window's Post Crash info can be trusted.)
  12. notyourbuddy

Tried updating PhysX as well still same crash.

Win7 / i3 / AMD 7850HD

Never really experienced any crashes pre-GU11 so something new is up. Suppose it could be a GPU overheat or something. Might have to try monitoring its temps tomorrow.

As for the crashes they are random. Just fighting in a random base for a random amount of time... game locks... sound plays on a loop for 5 seconds or so before the game crashes itself out.
  13. Spooner

Same issue here random d/c does not matter if I am in a battle or sitting at the warpgate I can play for roughly 15-20 min before it happens.

Windows 7 Pro
    Haswell 4770 3.5GHz
    Nvidia EVGA GTX 770
    Cosair Vengence 16GB
    SSD Samsung 840 500GB
    ASUS Z87-Deluxe (Mobo)

Reinstalled client today and verified via tool in launcher (not steam)

Is not overheating, system temps are normal and the fans aren't even at a high rpm.
    There is actually no indication there is anything wrong at all its like the game just instantly closes, no lag, no artifacting, no heat.
  14. ComradePuppy

"Reinstalled client today and verified via tool in launcher (not steam)

Is not overheating, system temps are normal and the fans aren't even at a high rpm.
    There is actually no indication there is anything wrong at all its like the game just instantly closes, no lag, no artifacting, no heat."

This is exactly what happens with mine, the game just quits, nothing wrong hardware wise, and the game just insta-quits. Really frustrating. Hopefully it gets solved soon! :(
  15. Xiaobaozha

Have tested further this morning.

Deleted user.ini just to refresh file and reset everything in game.

The physx update has stopped the game crashing for me, but only regarding the crash I was seeing last night when trying to access the squad/friend/outfit tab in the menu. I am still getting random instant ctd.
  16. Rockman

Same crashing to desktop after a few minutes. Was getting it after GU10 too but not as freq. Everything checks out ok, drivers are up to date and system is 100% stable.

It's weird cause I don't even get an error message the game just disappears as if it wasn't even running. Only thing I notice is there seems to be a sound stutter right before it CTD.
  17. Bilo97

Getting exactly the same problem. I recently upgraded from my terrible laptop (30-40fps) to a desktop(70-90fps) but i crashes every 5 minutes quite often less. This is a huge issue because i am very regular pilot and this usually ends with a lib that no-one can pilot, if it survives the fall and the damage. Good to see i'm not the only one and they will hopefully fix this soon
  18. ComradePuppy

Think I came across a solution, at least on my end. I was playing around with the settings, and turned off the GPU Particle Quality, and things seemed to go back to normal, I managed to play for 2 hours, then when I tried to exit, and the game crashed after I had hit exit, which is fine by me. Hope this can work for some people!
  19. The_Red

Very boring to always have to reload the game after the crash, i turned off GPU Particle and the game still crash every 10 minutes. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO BORING SOE YOU UNDERSTAND ??????????????
  20. Macchus

Ah my hypothesis seems to be rpoving correct . almost all of the posts and complaints on game i see about crashing have nvidia video cards. I have an amd hd5850 and i have crashed maybe once since the update .

easy fix ... switch to AMD lololol ...

sorry :D