Planetside 2 Keeps Crashing, Tried Everything

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ComradePuppy, Jun 20, 2013.

1. dreamcast87

This is what i've done as well, for some reason having Physx enabled causes my game to crash and kills my FPS. I'd like to play with it on but it's too buggy right now. Hopefully it'll be fixed in future patches.
  2. The_Red

ON CRASH AGAIN TY SOE
  3. TitanBlackburn

I have the same problem with planetside2
    Graphics card: AMD RADEON HD 5570
    RAm:4 gb
    System type 32-bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual.COre CPU E6600 @
    3.06GHz 3.07Ghz
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Any advices maybe?
  4. ComradePuppy

So we know that the problem isn't just fixed to Nvidia Cards, as someone with an AMD has reported a crash. Still wondering why things are so buggy. PhysX does seem to be the problem, and the GPU Particle effects seems to fix the problem for now, but there are still plenty of people having random crashes on low quality. Would be nice if we could here back from SOE.
  5. NaniteSystems

Dear god...if this bug does not get fixed...I'm going to have a Meltdown.
  6. Camycamera

i'm assuming PS2 doesn't run well on your pc? you only have 4gb, and a dual core cpu. not really sufficient.
  7. ComradePuppy

Yeah it doesn't seem like planetside would have a great time running on your comp...
  8. AstroCat

Yep, same tried it all, on 2 systems. PS2 crashes, a lot. Ever since the GU7-4/24 patch. Impossible to fix and 100% not on my end. I've posted many times my super long extensive testing list. I wish the game would be fixed but its not yet.
  9. ComradePuppy

Yeah It appears that this is starting to happen to a greater amount of people, hopefully this can be addressed soon, I had a successful play through earlier today, got 2 hours in with some friends, but Just tried to launch the game and crashed after 5 minutes. Getting really frustrating that we are entering day 2 and have't heard a word from devs.
  10. ComradePuppy

POSSIBLE FIX!

THROW ALL THE SETTINGS ON LOW!

No crashes in-game, it just looks like garbage. I miss playing this game on ultra. :(
  11. Xiaobaozha

That may be a solution...but I will wait until I lose the last of the few hairs on my head in frustration...ultra settings till then...
  12. Zanfi

I've tried on every setting type, I usually play on low and tired bumping it up, and messing around with every setting but to no avail

Processor: AMD fx8150
    RAM: 16gb
    Graphics: Radeon HD 6970 x2
    Win7 64bit

Really hope this gets fixed soon
  13. ComradePuppy

Yeah just started playing around more, it's just random with crashes, and isn't affected by any changes in the settings you can make. Really wondering what the problem is here, sometimes it works fine, and then other times it just chokes fast and dies. Frustrating that what I thought would solve it isn't the fix. GAH! Just in time for the weekend too!
  14. Marcuskac

What seems to fixed the problem for me is changing the Nvidia Drivers to version 314.22
    I don't know if it will help you guys, but it helped me.
  15. vulcan78

Yeah those Nvidia owners on 320.18 try reverting to 314.22, after doing so my crashes have not entirely disappeared but have been reduced by about 40% with PhysX on (its better than nothing).

Also, I can play relatively crash free for hours with PhysX off (now "GPU Particles"?). But I love the way the explosions, debris, jump-pads and medic tool effects look with it on so I continue to endure punishment/poor optimization and coding on the part of SOE.
  16. ComradePuppy

I keep getting crashes at ultra. I can play for as long as I want whenever I throw graphics on high, But still would like to throw everything to max. Not a problem anymore, but still am curious in whats causing the game to crash on ultra.
  17. Bout73Ninjas

Got the same problem Comrade!

I used to get it around GU08, it stopped with 09 and 10, now it's back with 11! Haven't tried any of the fixes yet but it operates like everyone's said; random crashes any where from 5-30 mins in game. Sometimes it says it's stopped working, other times it quits like it was never there...

Specs:
    - i5-3550 3.3 GHz
    - GTX 660Ti
    - 8 GB Kingston HyperX

One thing I can say is that pretty much everyone here seems to have pretty hefty computers (or maybe that's just because nothign else can run PS2 =P)
  18. JonboyX

Turn off GPU PhysX.
    There's also some advice somewhere about deleting a file and letting it re-patch it. You'll have to search for this.

I had a rare spate of crashes on two occasions, and both these things fixed it.
  19. MrWhippy

I had similar issues with the game crashing usually under 30 mins play since GU11, its been much more stable since I installed the nVidia 320.49 drivers.
  20. Lewbio

This has been happening to me quite a bit recently since i started playing again about 1 - 2 weeks ago.
    The game just closes down, no errors and nothing in the applications or system logs to say something has failed. It's like something is breaking and they have coded this measure in to the game to deal with it, which would indicate some knowledge of this bug but no way of fixing it so it doesn't pop up.

I had it on windows 8 and also on 8.1 which seems to come with: 325.71 drivers

core i7 4770k, 16GB ram, GTX780 3GB

It's most infuriating especially as i just use up a big chunk of my air resources to go flying only to CTD.