People still playing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duff_Chimp, May 28, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

So...

I still see the usual garbage and QQ frequenting the forums, but do any serious numbers still play this game? I don't want anecdotal or hearsay evidence, cleary there isn't the same numbers as the early days. Is the game fun now?

I could play this game for hours and not get bored, I just don't feel it's worth my time coming back. I wonder if any of those first BR 100s still play or indeed anybody that played beta or since release.
  2. WaiZen

Well, Indar in Woodman was full yesterday afternoon. Since lattice the game is doing as advertised : SIZE.DOES.MATTER. It's a lot more fun.
    • Up x 2
  3. LonelyTerran

Well The VS Max's can run and strafe at high speeds while getting a damage boost and a armor reduction.
    VS and NC have Empire specific tank secondarys vastly superior to the Vulcan at all ranges. The Lattice forces high density huge zerg fights.(Gud farm)
    Connery and Helios were merged due to population issues.
  4. Arquin

About 16k characters logged in in the past week during prime times
  5. Duff_Chimp

I suggest you look up 'anecdotal' and 'hearsay' in a dictionary...
  6. Sebastien

I suggest you look up the Burden of Proof.
    • Up x 1
  7. Duff_Chimp

W
    What does that mean?

16k isn't a lot if spread across all the servers.
  8. Bankrotas

Why not to play. As annoying indar is, PS2 is still fun on other places.
    • Up x 3
  9. Duff_Chimp

WTF is your problem? He gave me clearly anecdotal evidence suggesting he doesn't know what it means or can't read properly. I don't care if when you logged in it was busy or full. I want something more tangible.
    • Up x 3
  10. LordMondando

Yeap, world kept on spinning without you bombardier. Had some the best battles yet over the bank holiday. Game in europe at least is as lively as ever.
    • Up x 4
  11. Captain Kid

12. bodmans

and the TR has got nothing and is pathetic? is that what youre saying? FYI i prefer fighting NC over TR now because fracMAX, striker, and still prowlerspam(did you know this tank has TWO BARRELS?)
    • Up x 1
  13. Duff_Chimp

I wonder. But is the game fun anymore? I know some people can't walk away from bad, maybe because they dropped so much money on the game. Maybe I regret spending £100+ on the game or maybe I don't but so many questionable desicisions by SoE and poor gameplay experiences have scared me off this game.

Face it, apart from the 'MMO' aspect what does this game do better than any other, nothing. I'd rather play BF3, CS:GO or TF2, heck if I could get BF1942 up and running I would play that. PS2 doesn't cut the mustard as a shooter as far as I'm concerned but it's nice that people are rallying to defend this 'game'.
  14. Brusilov [TR]

I don't understand... how busy do you want it to be?

The massive fights that used to cap the render distance at 10m? I don't see them very often any more... but with the lattice i'll often see big infantry foot zergs.

Can you please explain something to me? What are talking about when you say

You are b*tching about anecdotal evidence, when in my personal experience figures are not really all that important. If the game can keep you entertained for hours, and has a large enough paying community to keep the devs employed, then what's the problem?
    • Up x 2
  15. WolfA4

Such a bad game that you felt the need to play 22 days worth?
    • Up x 2
  16. LordMondando

Yeap still fun, epic fightz around peris and east cayon.

I even wrote my own epic of gilgamesh on where the game largely is atm. Have a readsie https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/lattice-a-considered-view.129463/

Only real problem it has at the moment is pop imbalance, otherwise its progressively getting better all the time. I eagerly await resource revamp.

Play it or don't, personally I think its amazing and I can't go back to the reduced scale of any other FPS, bar prehaps the odd bit of Arma2/3 and/or NS2 but they are drastically different games.
    • Up x 1
  17. Duff_Chimp

Part of the problem is that this massively multiplayer game can't handle massively multiplayer...

Performance issues aside this game was infinitely more fun in beta and early days.

I was part of that paying community. I played games like Day of Defeat where 16k would of been good numbers. Small community is good for 16-64 player servers, but this game should deliver more. I really can't see the battles getting bigger especially with another continent in the horizon. I wanted this game to 'succeed' as much as the next man, but I don't think anyone can say that it has lived up to their expectations.

A flawed gem, but with other gems of better quality around it is overlooked by most.
  18. C0L0NELH0GAN

Duff_Chimp - nothing bad to you, but stay away from PS2...
    Miller has enough TR atm (never below 40% on prime) :eek:

Its a mess with the new Lattice right now for the other two factions
  19. Duff_Chimp

Really? I'm not saying it's a bad game but that it has become progressively less fun and some major issues still not being addressed.
  20. MrK

The guy doesn't want answer to his questions.
    He wants people dissing the game and agreeing with him it's a bad game.

Obvious troll is obvious
    • Up x 21