Latice system has destroyed your game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OzDeaDMeaT, May 24, 2013.

1. Lexicon

If you couldn't find a good fight, you're either lying or need to really have a look at how (poorly) you extrapolate from the map.

I notice a pro-hex person liked this; to make it clear, I was referencing the dude who said he couldn't find one yesterday (after an hour lollol).
    • Up x 1
  2. Lyel

CoD players are not hard core FPS players? That's pretty selfish.
  3. DoubleTake

I don't really like the lattice either, but it's just restricted to Indar and I don't dislike it enough that it takes away the fun I get from having some variation. I really hate ghost-capping too. I didn't read the entire thread, but does anyone know if they plan on adding lattice to other continents?

To be fair, CoD's learning curve is tiny compared to PS2.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lyel

Cause Planetside 2's a FPS/MMO/RTS. CoD is just a multiplayer FPS. You can't compare the two :\

I'm just tired of this criminalization of CoD players. It's almost as if we're treating them like the Japanese back in WWII, we think nothing good of them.
  5. Teegeeack

I wouldn't be against nuking CoD players.
    • Up x 1
  6. Lyel

Explains why you're anti-lattice.
  7. jessewhat

"fighting smart", " utilizing sneak tactics to get behind the enemy"
    translation: ghost-capping and blowing up gens with next to no opposition
    • Up x 3
  8. Lyel

HAHAAAA, you're back :)

That's what, SEVEN? Yes, seven threads on the EXACT same matter.

Buddy, PLANETSIDE 2 HAS BEEN A NUMBERS GAME SINCE IT FIRST LAUNCHED. There is nothing in this game that can farm infantry like crazy that HASN'T been nerfed. Prowlers, Magriders, all tank in general, Max weapons, almost EVERY AIR VEHICLE WEAPON, and even the Blast Radius of every explosive. They want fights to be as fair as possible, with infantry driving the combat. It takes literal skill to fight against numbers bigger than you. Here-

• Up x 1
  9. Springheel Jack

Translation: Ghost capping and generator flipping.
    • Up x 1
  10. Deronok

Resources are getting a revamp. Kind of betting we'll see a mechanic similar to PS1 where you could disrupt benefits on the front line by hitting bases further back with smaller groups. In PS2, we have resources, so they could easily make that a valuable thing to do by halting resource gain when a base is cut off via dropping of a generator or something else. Which in turn would force a small squad to respond to that.
    • Up x 2
  11. OldMaster80

This is just false and childish. You can still play in a small outfit and have TONS of fun. The only difference between hex map and lattice is that now you can't bypass enemy territories as easily as before: if you want to take some ground you can't just avoid big battles and focus on empty / underdefended bases, you have to fight.
    Some say that hex map allowed to "out-think" the enemy and prepare very strategical plans.... that's just bull**it. They pretend to see strategy in ghostcapping and ghost-gen blowing. There is almost no strategy on the hex map, it just allows the exploit the fact a faction cannot defend if it's getting attacked on 10 territories simultaenously.
    And you can still play in small teams, but you have to accept the fact in a massive multiplayer shoooter you can't pretend to be Rambo. You have to take part into bigger battles and you can contribute in many ways: providing cover fire, ammo, deploying a sundy in good position, flanking the enemy, reviving, scanning the are with recon darts and so on. Small outfits make a small part, you can't expect to capture half continent with you 5 team mates.
    If you like small team action where you lead the way and make a difference in the battle there are hundreds of good games out there.

Most important: for the first time in PS2 history defense works. Attacking some bases is now very hard (Howling Pass, Quart Ridge etc...), and defenders finally have a chance to defend what they captured without being bypassed. by a zerg that can't be stopped.
    I still believe lattice is the best thing devs did for this game so far. And with this system extended to Esamir and Amerish, Hossin, the resource revamp and the continent lock it's going to be even better.
    • Up x 2
  12. hellaskan

I love the lattice, and I love lamp.

Outfit "X" ..your job is to get 4 AA maxes on that hill to our west.. keep em off our sundy.
    Outfit "Y" .. you guys aren't needed to defend here, but we need "Base B" scouted, get up ahead and let us know what you see..they're going to be there soon, so maybe mine the road, get some AV turrets up and hold em for a few
    Outfit Z.. you have half a platoon now, you're going to flank from the west.. you're in charge of the sundy.. in fact, bring 2.
    Outfit "A" ... bring as much armor as you can.. get ready to roll to the waypoint on our command.. we need to push them off of that ridge. (and this LITTLE outfit of about 10 guys came in with a few harassers, and then a handful of Lightnings..I want to say 4 tanks, 3 Harassers.. with their small numbers, they had a HUGE impact on the whole picture)

Things that I see happening.. we're finding TONS of ways to integrate smaller outfits, squads, and other platoons into the bigger picture. It just takes good coordination. it's 2013.. gaming isn't new.. get a TS server, talk to the other guys on your server.. and make ti happen.

Actual conversation on our TS server the night of the latest GU:

"So, who are you guys anyhow? From Connery?"
    "Yeah, welcome to our TS"
    "Cool, we're from Helios, how do you want to run this?"
    --discussion about our Outfit leader(s) and theirs, roles.. how TS chatter and coordination will work..--
    Then we played a near flawless continent cap. It was prettier than Ashley Judd making out with Jessica Biel.
    • Up x 1
  13. McFatal

I feel like it's a waste of time honestly, the few people complaining about lattice are just re-iterating themselves and making it seem like an issue that's larger than it actually is. You simply can't please everyone, and I promise you'd get people complaining about the co-existence of the two territory mechanics and they'd be making it a bigger deal than it actually would be too.
  14. Ranik

This x1000. People still think they should be able to take entire swathes of the map on their own via ghosthacking, rather than acting like individual parts of a warmachine.

Take the lattice. Put in the resource revamp a month or two from now.

And then add in outfit Progression / specialization...... (EX: Y outfit from above is specialized in Light Cavalry, they have unique Flash/Harasser equipment to make them better scouts / skirmishers // A outfit is specialized in armor. they have some unique toys for their tanks)

Lattice + Resource revamp + Outfit progression (IE proper outfit specialization that is) = What PS2 is really supposed to be about.
  15. Caydn

yes it is terrible
    • Up x 1
  16. Crowne

I'm cool?

In any case, do you not believe the person I was responding to deserved to be treated like a kid? It was certainly acting like a kid, and generally the kind of kid that doesn't get too far within my sight or earshot. No need to have patience for dumb little antics in the wrong places. This is not the venue for it. The cafeteria amongst their friends is. The tree house. Before "homeroom" starts (if they still have such things), but certainly not after the bell rings... etc.
    I've met kids that were not afraid to act as smart as they really are, and they always get every bit of respect from me. The ones that behave like snickering little children, are treated like snickering little children.

Different behaviors really should elicit different responses, even if it is the internet.
  17. maxkeiser

Could be one way to improve things a bit.
  18. Ineluki

I'm a casual player with a BR of about 45 or something. I say casual because I don't run with any outfit, just random squads, platoons or all by myself, thanks to the new map. I look at the map and I know where I am needed -- and I never ghost cap, btw, that's so boring.

And I absolutely despise the lattice link system.

If this is about making defense better, this is the worst possible solution, reducing combat maneuvers to linear pathways which makes me not want to attack anything anymore.

If this is supposed to make the battle easier to understand, then it was though out by very short-sighted people with no comprehension for the bigger picture. I read it was similar in PS1 but missing some critical details? Yes, copy&paste on old features without the full picture in mind, that's exactly what this blunder looks like.

Overall, it reduces choice both on a global as well as on a regional scale to such a minimum, that I really don't want to play on indar anymore. :(
    • Up x 1
  19. Jrv

It hasn't ruined the game for small outfits.

It's ruined the game for BAD small outfits and ghost cappers.

GOOD small outfits are still kicking *** like they always did.

=VX9= reporting, still having a blast, rarely more than a squad strong. Now instead of ghost capping, you're going to have to find a niche in an actual fight like a good squad does.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheDrone

Literally no one, not one single person, is suggesting that we try to please every single individual. I'm suggesting that we enact the solution that would yield the most advantage for the largest amount of people.