"Loyal" Soldier Bundle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Adara, May 3, 2013.

1. Adara

Aisar, judging by your posts, you don't even understand what the purpose of this tread is. Multiple people have tried explaining it to you, but I'm done. I've run out of different ways of trying to make you understand my point.
  2. Adara

I made a single, constructive, well thought out post, pointing out why it seemed unfair. The 3 or 4 people in here that seem to think it is beyond the scope of possibility for everyone to receive the same gift... they are the sole reason this thread has now grown to 5 pages. People were simply attempting to explain the meaning of the thread to those that did not seem to understand it, clearly we should have just ignored you instead.
  3. SteelMantis

I used to play a MMO called World of Warcraft, every time they released a new expansion they would give unsubscribed former players a free two week trial. At one point they offered unsubscribed players who had been gone for a while a free boost to a high level and a free month. Paying members never got anything.

A few people complained but most realized what was good for the game was good for the players.
    • Up x 3
  4. siiix

not saying there is anything wrong with spending money if you have it

BUT i do not think you can beat 3000+ hours played in BF2 and spent $75 ($75/3000=$0.025 / hour) , i'm curious make the calculation :) i'm sure PS1 has stats too so you can track you hours spent
  5. Macchus

Pleas please enlighten us as to why there is no hope you eloquent and well wordrd and not to mention lengthy was still to much for my feeble mind to comprehend ....

also let me guess , free player who spent station cash once and got all the bonuses ? lol
  6. ScrapyardBob

As a 6-month recurring subscriber (who has spent a modest amount of SC over the last 6 months and who sprang for another 3 months at the 9.99/mo rate and who has played a few hundred hours) - I feel that those people who are angry have an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

- It's only for 30 days

- It is only about 20-30% of the players who got the free month. (Evidenced by the fact that on Mattherson, my queue position barely budged. Worst-case, instead of being 10th of 50th, I'm now about 15th or 20th of 50th in the queue.)

- By giving those players a taste of what the membership benefits are, there's a possibility that they will sign up for a membership plan. Which means more money for SOE to continue work on the game rather then stripping it back to a skeleton crew and putting it on life support.
    • Up x 2
  7. MasonSTL

I did explain... twice. And your feeble mind obviously didn't get it. And no, I'm not a member but I have spent $70 and still planning on spending more when I see fit.

Eloquent and well worded? lol that's just proper English bud!
  8. Adara

I have spent over $70 on SC, in addition to having a 3 month subscription. Please explain in what world it makes sense for you to receive free game time, but not players in the same boat as me?
  9. Tobax

You only get the free 500SC if you pay for membership, period, its one thing for them to give out this one month free membership to remind people of the benefit of having it in hopes they subscribe but they are not giving away free money to people who are not paying.
  10. Sperril

Because even though I have never paid for membership time, I have spent many times more money on the game than you have. Do I think I'm entitled to free time? No. Is it a gift? No.

It's marketing. People who have paid for SC obviously are willing to spend money on the game. SOE wants us to experience some of the bonuses of membership so that when the bonus ends we'll miss it and become subscribers. They already know we have disposable income because we are using it to buy SC. They aren't giving this to free players.

My cable company does the same thing. They offer 3 months of free HBO to people who don't already have it. They don't give long time HBO subscribers 3 free months to go with it.

The mistake SOE made was to call it a "loyalty reward" instead of what it really is: a limited time free trial.
    • Up x 1
  11. eXcalibur

what are conditions for receiving the loyal soldier bunble/free premium membership for 1 month?
    i have not found it anywhere. link?
  12. Zenith

Well, I seem to have the camo etc, not sure about membership though. I've never have had membership, but have made in-game item purchases since April 3rd, so does that mean I do not qualify for the free month? This is so confusing. :confused:
  13. TeknoBug

God I wish I can ONLY get HBO from my cable company but noooo I have to pay $90 to get HBO along with a bunch of other junk channels. I hardly watch TV but I watch 3-4 shows a week (Family Guy, Bob's Burger, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Throne and Boardwalk Empire). I can't afford my cable bill anymore, it's reaching $300 now.
  14. Sperril

I pay $148 including all fees and taxes for digital cable, HBO, premium sports tier, (which is the only way to get NFLN on Time Warner,) internet, and phone. You need to tell them you'll leave if they don't knock your bill down. They cut mine almost in half after I threatened to leave.

Annnd we are now officially off-topic.
  15. TeknoBug

Yeah I'll probably try that thanks.
  16. The King

Same, my cable company gave me 50% off for 1 year if I never had a subscription before.
    Instead of paying $89 a month for a year.
    I am paying $45 a month.
    All those real subscribers are not getting screwed.

But, why are all those dudes paying $89 while I just pay $45 for the same thing?
    lol.....
    But, I believe all Cable companies do that.

As stated before in this thread, even WoW does this. They want more players into their game.
    Actually, nearly all games I have played, they offered me a free month back into the game if I wanted.
    I do not get why these people are here complaining. It's the same **** that most companies do. And most people learn to accept it.
    Actually, those are adults that have already experienced this.

I'm sure the ones complaining are new to PC gaming and are in the WTF moment. But this is normal.
    You should be happy that SOE is trying to populate the game you're playing and paying for.

Just pretend all those people actually did put money into the game, since they really did, and now you feel what it feels like if there were many more members.
  17. Macchus

the one free month is worth $15 or 1500 SC so they're giving away free money already ... and just wait and see the free month (which is not actually a full month unless this is febuary hyuk hyuk) goes to june 1st and everyone who got the free time will most likely also get 500 SC as well . as premium membership (free or not ) gives you 500 SC every month.
  18. Tobax

No it doesn't, the 500SC is ONLY given if you have a payment setup to repeat each month, 3, 6 or whatever, so they can give out all the free months they want but none of them get the free 500SC unless they start a monthly payment.
    So yes they are getting all of the other benefits to encourage them to subscribe and be a member but they are not being handed SC like the paying members are because we have monthly payments setup to grant that free SC.
  19. Macchus

your wrong on that i bought one month and i got a total of 1000 SC 500 initialy and 500 before the month ended . maybe they give you 500 sc as a bonus for the initial signup but i doubt it and it wasnt stated anywhere i can remember. and i picked the 1 month option so it wasnt setup to be recurring . maybes it changed in a few short months but i doubt it .
  20. Tobax

Then your lucky, you can go read the membership section terms and conditions where it tells you that you stop receiving the free 500SC if you unsub and you can read the topics from people crying that they bought 6 months memebrship then cancelled it and stopped getting their free 500SC.