Official Striker Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMTasty

The part I just bolded and underlined, missed it? I spend half my post saying that the weapon is an even more powerful version of a weapon that used to be insanely OP in groups. And you choose to nitpick one sentence that simply states a fact common to all lock-on-launchers?

I can understand you being annoyed at VS/NC vehicles getting destroyed and the Lancer being ****. But pick the right posts and poster to criticize and not a guy who spent most of his post comparing the Striker to the weapon that used to be insanely overpowered. It makes no sense, not in a single sentence in my post did I say the weapon was perfectly balanced. I said it was an annihilator on steroids, and that you dodge it the same was as you dodge all other lock-on-launchers.

2. Alystan

Feedback to SoE about the striker:
    * it is probably ok, unfortunately it make most of the other launchers obsolete
  3. ObsidianSoul

Sorry, I thought you were basically just laughing at us and telling us to suck it like the other TR posters seem to be doing. And yes, you're basically getting an exclusive OP annihilator. And it was only a month ago that people were complaining about annihilators being OP. I disagreed on that one. But SOE ignored that and made another even more powerful. *facepalm*
    • Up x 1
  4. Mxiter

Well i think the one nerf the striker is is a different lock signal wich mean that a striker is locking you to difference it from other lock-on.

It's looks small, but it will makes an HUGE dufference for every vehicule drivers.

But more futurist :cool:
    • Up x 1
  5. IMTasty

Sorry if I was a bit harsh btw, was uncalled for, just been a long day, not above admitting when I've been a dick. ;)

But yeah it's basically an even more powerful annihilator. Difference being that the annihilator was pretty useless for solo players even before its nerf. While the Striker is pretty darn good for a solo player. When it comes to outfits or even a single coordinated squad it becomes ridiculously overkill. 3 heavies can destroy an uncerted Sunderer in one volley if it got no cover to hide behind.

Admittedly though the fact that it is so strong and people are complaining about it worries me, because from experience SoE tends to overnerf pretty hard. So worried about it being nerfed into uselessness like the Annihilator is right now.
    • Up x 2
  6. Roobarb

Love the Striker, especially with a full squad of them (and engineer support).

DON'T SODDIN NERF IT!!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  7. Doublefrost

It feels very close to the original PlanetSide Striker. I really like it. It does need a dumbfire mode. Maybe as the Tertiary Fire ability.
    • Up x 2
  8. Roobarb

This is a pretty good idea. Maybe as a cert unlock, perhaps....
  9. Mxiter

1 engeneer can destroyl in 1 sec non-guarded non-mineguard sunderer, that will be the same for ESRL:

5 NC HA can destroy a sunderer at 300m behind cover much faster...
    3VS HA can destroy a moving sunderer at 525m in ~=8 sec just by point and click (if they buff the ADS accuracy)
    The fact is that all ESRL are very powerful!
  10. IMTasty

I think all of that is bad as well, i am not trying to say that only the Striker is silly. The Phoenix in its current form is a ridiculous sniper weapon. And worried the VS one is gonna go down the same route once buffed.

Fully certed Engineer AV turret is worse than all 3 of them. C4 is ridiculous against Sunderers and tank mines should not need to be driven over, there is no excuse to not have mineguard though if you're an AMS, but the way mines work now is stupid.

But in general I also think vehicles in general are too easy to get and too easy to blow up. But that's for another thread. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

yay maybe AV turret slightly less perform than ESRL but have a much better range, better guidance than lock on and a bit less maoeuvrable than the phoenix (first person camera helps) and deals massive damages (2000 against sunderer-not sure about tanks).
    Engeneer also have some others stuff to be effective (repair gun and utility toys)
    100% agreed
    • Up x 1
  12. ShureShot

I feel like the devs really didn't think this over.

It is universal (both ground and air vehicles), but it is stronger at both than the specific lock on launchers.

The Annihilator got nerfed because it was too much when used in large groups. And now you bring out a launcher where it is like every user has 3 annihilators. Wut?

I now have to spend around 4000 certs on flares/ir smoke, just because of this launcher. On top of that, I cannot use my favourite utilities, that I have maxed out, anymore (fire extinguisher, magburner). Another 2500 certs wasted.

What kind of 'balance' is this? Also, a vanguard can take a bit of striker, but a magrider? Having the lowest hp of all mbt's was a fair trade-off for mobility, but what is left of that mobility if you can't use magburner anymore? All that is left is the slowest tank in the game, with the least damage output, and the least armor. 'But you can strafe?' Good luck out-strafing strikers. Not gonna happen.
  13. Satanam

Ok, let's make a deal. What if the Striker gets nerfed to 400 damage per rocket when lock-on, but adds the dumb-fire mode (dealing 350 damage per rocket)? Just a suggestion.
  14. Mxiter

Don't ignore the lock warning, put instanly AB instead of getting the "last kill" and fly NOE: you won't need flares ;)
  15. ObsidianSoul

I don't know about the NC one, but are you serious about the Lancer? LOL. A moving sunderer? Have you even tried it? Go make a VS character. Trial it, and see if you can hit anything that is moving and more than 50m away. Make sure to charge it beforehand. If you even hit, it's like tickling the enemy. And yes, that includes ESFs which just laugh at them. I've seen zero VS using the Lancer, aside from trials. That should give you a rough idea of how useful it is.

I don't want buffs on anything. I'm sticking with my good old Nemesis. But for the love of Vanu-kittens, will you all just admit how you have the single most ridiculously powerful universal antivehicle weapon ingame?

As for advising pilots to just run away when they get locked on... let me guess, you've never flown except as a glorified taxi service?

Sif being an uber-annihilator is not enough, you want it to be a shrike too. 3-in-one launcher. Yay. No need for maxes, AA, skyguards, or even tanks. A TR heavy can do it all, at double the lethality, at no resource cost whatsoever.

If you were asking dumbfire in exchange for its ability to be the most powerful g2a launcher ingame, then yeah that'd make sense. But dumbfire, g2a, and g2g? Good luck capping empty bases by then.
    • Up x 1
  16. LonelyTerran

Off-topic=Magrider and prowler have the same armor and hp
    How do you not know your own tank?

The Striker is nice.

Good work SOE.
    • Up x 1
  17. ShureShot

I'll make sure to try that with my lib ;)

The main problem I see is that they should balance the esrl's to the already existing launchers. Not to each other, but to what we had before. They need to be 'special', but not necessarily better than the existing ones.

The standard launcher deals 1700 damage.

You want more damage? The decimator gives you that (2000), but at the cost of 1 less rocket and less velocity.

You want lock on? The air and ground specific launchers give you that, at the cost of damage (1500).

You want universal lock on? Annihilator gives you that, at the cost of damage (1150) and no dumbfire.

But the Striker is a universal lock on that deals 2500 damage in one salvo. It's not a special or unique launcher, it is just an annihilator on speed. Sure it doesn't fire all rockets instantly, but still pretty fast, and the reload time for 5 rockets or 2500 damage is also nearly the same as that for 1150 damage on Annihilator.

(And the Phoenix deals the same damage as the standard launcher, but has guiding, and hardly any trade-off. There is the range limit, but how often can you use a dumbfire effectively at 300m and further? Again, a straight upgrade from what we already had.)

TL ; DR: there is no way one can claim that the Annihilator is on par with the Striker. Why is that? Wasn't there a reason why the Annihilator does the least damage of all? Aren't they the same price? Isn't it a bit strange that one faction gets an Annihilator on speed?
  18. ObsidianSoul

Yes, and magriders are slow as snails and can't turn their main guns independent of heading. Prowlers can farm infantry all day just by sitting in one place, magriders have to constantly do the cha-cha.

And besides, you've whined it down to uselessness anyway. I'm not a tank-driver, but I seldom see magriders now, most just use a lightning. At least that's immune from TR whine.
  19. o0Eeyore0o

The striker is unbalanced because it forces NC/Vanu utility picks. If we don't cert into flares or smoke, we're toast. TR are still free to use whatever utility they want, but there's no possible way to fly or drive as an NC or VS against the TR without flares/smoke. One weapon invalidates the vehicle utility trees for the NC and Vanu.

Even flares is really just delaying the inevitable unless 1.) you were at the range limit 2.) you correctly guess where the lockon came from and can move OUT of the range limit. If you don't immediately move out of range, your *** is grass with the next volley because your flares are just 30 seconds away. NC/Vanu vehicle participation in big fights is ended by this 1 weapon. GG, concede the skies/ground to the already best ESF in the game and the best infantry farming tank.
    • Up x 2
  20. Snow Sheltie

The Striker is a game-changer in the wrong way. It is a single soldier with the power of five annihilaters. Just five of them are capable of wiping out a entire armored division in a few minutes, a feat that even liberators would be jealous of. It's starting to relegate fighting by NC and VS to biolabs if they want to hold out against a striker zerg. I had to pull a platoon to a bio lab because the strikers obliterated any attempted armored or air assault while their own aircraft and tanks had free reign with little to fear (what's a little ol' phoenix launcher gonna do?)

I prefer to fight Vanu over Terran any day with the possible exception of a bio lab where I laugh at the Terran's inability to use strikers against our Maxes.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.