DeSync Issues and work arounds.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 19, 2013.

1. geldonyetich

The "disable AI Suite II 'sensor' check box" solution fixed it for me. I also have HPET disabled, but that may have been unnecessary.

This really is something that will show up on WinTimerTester. With that "sensor" checkbox enabled, it stabilized at 1.0020. Apparently, even that minor .002 difference will screw up Planetside 2's prediction code, as of the patch they rolled on the server merge day. With that "sensor" checkbox disabled, it stabilized at about 0.9998 and that's AOK - it's probably because Planetside 2 spazzes out if it goes over more than if it goes under.

So I guess it goes to show, if your WinTimerTester result isn't within 0.0002 of a 1:1 ratio, you're going to have problems in Planetside 2, and it's time to hunt to see what you can do to correct that on your system.
  2. Hebe73

Right i had the warping issue and was reading the boards yesterday. I have the problem I have a Gigabyte mobo and my other half has a asus mobo. he didnt have the problem. But whoever commented on deinstalling the easytune program.. kudos mate, it sorted it for me and have bene playing for the last 30 minutes without warping.. so i if you have a GB mobo, check, it gets installed with the drivers.. I hate extra progs so always try and not install any extra progs drivers want to install.. Still not as smooth as before the last update, but at least i can play
  3. Drmeowmeow

I deleted easytune 6 on my gigabyte mobo and have been playing for over 45 minutes now with no Desyncing. I love whoever recommended this workaround
  4. BenYeeHua

So, everyone has found the workaround.
    I will record it in my memory.:)
  5. Eldenmoor

I had already made sure easytune 6 was off on mine, and still had the problem. After reading this, I completely uninstalled it via control panel from my system.. and now things are working. I had been getting tanks etc bouncing around and floating as well as unable to do damage. just had my first good long hour plus fight work well since the patch, yay! Before deleting easytune 6 completely things would mess up in about 10 minutes.
  6. ilys01

Disabling MSI Afterburner and/or HWiNFO and/or SpeedFan may have fixed the problem for me. Now to figure out which of the three screws things up.
  7. MrLorgy

if you are using intel core i7 or i5 you might have to disable Intel turbo boost. You migth be able to do that in the bios, however on my notebook, the option wasnt there.

Here is a workaround to stop intel turbo boost from starting.

http://www.tautvidas.com/blog/2011/04/disabling-intel-turbo-boost/

My fps has taken a serious hit from this, but atleast the game is playable now.

STILL, this has to be temporary since I am getting 20 fps at best in combat now.
  8. hokiedood

Has SOE commented on this issue yet? The game is unplayable with desync.
  9. BenYeeHua

I think it is speedfan.
  10. MoeBeddaCheese

FIXED. I installed Easy Tune for my Gigabyte board and disabled the Smart Fan option for the CPU.

I was reading in this thread how others uninstalled easytune and it was working for them. I also saw how others disabled the smart fan option(or whatever your mobo manufacturer calls it) for the cpu fan. I didn't have Easy Tune and tried everything else so I installed Easytune, disabled the smartfan and I played last night for a few hours with no issues.
  11. MoeBeddaCheese

Nevermind. It's not fixed. After hours of playing last night it's not working today. I unistalled easy tune and still not working. I'm about done.
  12. trued2

tonight i foundout that my desync originates from DPC latency by the sensor monitor in my crosshair v formula's AI Suite II, disabling the sensor in the ai suites settings removes the latency and re enabling it causes the latency to start back up again. the latency checker can be downloaded here http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

AND you can also use the winTimechecker in the HPET fix to confirm an issue. prior to disabling the Sensor in the ai suite my ratio in winTimeTester was a constant 1.0024 after disableing it is .9997 to 1.0000.

ALSO the Sensor version is V1.00.07 that i have.
  13. Playbizzle

To fix this problem, open up a command window and type in this:

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

You will have to exit the command window and reboot before this setting can take affect. What this does is it changes Windows so the QueryPerformanceCounter function will be based on a fixed counter that is not influenced by SetFSB. That one line of code should correct this problem and your games will run fine when using SetFSB.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

You are totally brilliant man thank you so much!! I tried everything you can think of and that command in the windows promt seems to be working :) I havent played this long since the merge. Thank you once again you saved my game, money, and a lot of invested time. And all the ticket responses are basiclly they dont have a clue and yet there is a fix right here.

SCRATCH THAT ITS DOING IT AGAIN APPARENTLY IT WORKED FOR A SHORT TIME
  14. Playbizzle

I must say thew seems like a can play much longer now witch is better then 10 min or not at all. I will take it!
  15. BenYeeHua

Yup, it will works, if you don't has many tools that access the motherboard and cause some delay for the HPET(maybe?)
  16. Phaze

Nope. Nope. And. Nope.

I tried the bcdedit thingy... all that did was cause my system to take a massive FPS hit. I also lowered my i7 980x all the way back to stock 3.3.... no difference... other than worse performance. The game still warps-out after a few minutes on most login attempts.

I'd recently done a clean install maybe a month ago... and I've since uninstalled just about everything.... even pointlessly removed MSIAfterburner yesterday.

The strangest thing about this whole bug has been that sometimes.... maybe 1 in 5... possibly less... everything will just work. No warping and I can play a nice long session with no issues.

Anyway...

Day 7 and counting.... SOE remains quiet.
  17. Freyera

So this just happened.

Got the drop on an AFK MAX unit. Put 2 proxy mines down at his feet, got some distance, pelted him full of one clip. Darted into cover. Reloaded. Gave him another full one after he stepped on both mines (I presume he did, as he couldn't of moved from the corner he was in without doing so, as they were a couple inches from his feet). He used dash to catch up to me and killed me easily. Death screen says he took 0 damage.

Happened about 30 minutes after playing. Hadn't seen anyone warping around -yet-.

Is this to blame on the glorious desync issue?
  18. NC_agent00kevin

I dont have any of the programs listed here installed on my PC except WinTimerTester, which I have used and verified 1.0000 @ 123 sec several times in a row. It starts at .9994 and quickly hits .9999 where it stays until ~ 120 sec. I most certainly do not use SetFSb as I do all my OC in BIOS by bumping the bus speed manually, allowing for voltage adjustments as necessary.

I still have terribad desync at times, and last night, not only I but another member of my outfit had it at the same time.

Place Tank Mines: they disappear. AA Max: No hits. HA with Shotgun: nil hit detection. Both of us had to relog, and it semi-fixed the problem, though hit detection was still sketchy. Both of us were AA Maxes at the time, so our squad lost its AA and we were swarmed with Scythes in no time. Very disappointing. Enemies had no problems landing hits on us, but we could do no damage.
  19. LordMondando

Ok, starting to see evdience that the 'bcdedit /set useplatformclock true' change to HPET may have been causing my terrible FPS around lots of people problems. Post GU03
  20. trued2

there is also a "no damage" bug going on too, for people that dont have any desync, i believe they are separate bugs. or perhaps the max was having desync and you were fine.