Hackmax has broken the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheWhiteDragon, Mar 2, 2013.

1. QuantumQrack

• Up x 1
  2. LiamPam

This.

Also, I love how everyone ALWAYS goes: "NC MAXs are OP!*" *Only applicable for Biolabs

My suggestion: nerf the NC MAX' shotguns weapons to not be so OP in CQC. But then, please also nerf the TR and VS MAXs to not be so OP in medium-ranged combat to the NC one. Okay?
    • Up x 2
  3. soeguud

OP stands still in middle of firefights.
    • Up x 2
  4. aedn

ok, lets do the same for all players then you can shoot your weapon once, then have to use another weapon or utility. this solution is probably the worst suggestion i have heard regarding PS2.
  5. Tilen

The thing is, NC weapons are supposed to hit hard in close range. And trust me, the NC max has a humongous disadvantage when facing enemies further than 5 metres away. It's working as intended.
    • Up x 2
  6. Posse

I wonder why every NC ignores the fact that they can charge to get into CQC, NC MAX vs another MAX in middle range never happens, unless the NC is an idiot. As I said before, NC MAX is OP vs the other 2 MAXes, but that doesn't mean there's need for nerfing them, against rockets or C4 they are as vulnerable as the other 2.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tilen

The charge ability has a cool-down and it can only help you cover some distance. You said it like it's something that enables the NC MAX to be useful outdoor.

It's not.
    • Up x 1
  8. LiamPam

You can charge every 30-45 seconds (if I remember the numbers right). Thing is, everyone's just going crazy about Biolabs. Why, do you think, do you pretty much NEVER see an NC MAX equipped with AI weapons outside of Biolabs? And why do you see TR and VS MAXs equipped with AI weapons anywhere? Think about it, goddamnit.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheWhiteDragon

Oh look! Here comes the LTP as predicted. When something is obviously OP you don't try to defend it on the merits. You just try to attack the messenger.

My character info is in my signature, and I think my ability speaks for its self. I am not just random player you'll never hear from again. I'm an active, known player on Helios TR. I'm more than willing to defend my reputation. I just came out of a biolab where it required 8 Max's to push out of the spawn room against the 4 that were camping it. These were not just random players. It was an organized effort including players from the best outfits on the server. I am confident in my own ability. I just know a blatantly OP mechanic when I see one.

All Higby has said is that the number of Max vs Max encounters is small. That tells us nothing of the number of overall Max's spawned per faction, nor their effectiveness. The relevant tweet is here: https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/299003743180054528
  10. turtlestation

NC's immediate reaction to people complaining about their MAXes is always to complain about lack of long range ability. Are you NC serious? VS and TR can only manage to tickle the enemy with our AI weapons at range. On release, I was headshotting people at the Crown with dual Quasars. Now, I'm lucky if I fire 100 rounds and 2 of them hit at medium range. I can only imagine it's a similar feeling for the TR.

And in the natural habitat of the scatMAX/MAXsaws, the bio lab, people forget it's not a 1v1 encounter with these giant gorillas of death. Usually they have at least one engy repairing them at all times. You manage to take one hackMAX down? Cool, there's 3 of them right next to them with a medic ready to revive the one you killed and an engy to bring up back him to full health. It's a pain having to organize MAX crashes knowing your MAX is inferior is almost every possible respect save for being able to tickle the enemy a bit more at range.
  11. Posse

No MAX is really useful outdoors, besides I was talking about fighting with other MAXes, when you are in a range that the enemy MAX can really damage you (and not that much really), all you need is a charge to get close to it. And yeah, it has a cooldown, but it can be upgraded and it's not like you're fighting an enemy MAX every 5 seconds, I am only talking about MAX vs MAX here, I don't think they're OP overall, at least in the sense that they don't make the NC better than the other 2 factions.
  12. RobotNinja

But...but...Terran Republic can't capture Biolabs guys!!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBULL!!!! Can't be done. Nope. Not a chance. Has literally NEVER been done.
    • Up x 2
  13. Viper279

i don't truly understand why people ***** about the NC max it got a triple shotgun on one arm (form what i can see) if you get in hugging distance of a NC max you deserve to get slaughterer by it or maxes ant effective at far range unless they use falcons but one again why do people ***** of small things.
    • Up x 2
  14. LiamPam

What I find even more funny is the statement that those MAXs are "gamebreaking". Since when have Biolabs been the absolute most important prerequisite to conquering the entire rest of the continent?

...exactly.

Never.
    • Up x 2
  15. RobotNinja

Hell...long range? How about mid-range? How about still pretty close range? Point B in the Biolab is a perfect example. You have a horde of TR or VS MAXes and infantry at the top of the stairs leading to Point B.

Why not waltz a NC MAX in the bottom floor and own that whole room full of enemies you say? What?! You got mowed down as soon as you ran through that doorway? GASP!

For that NC MAX to do any real damage he's gonna huff his big blue *** up to the top of those stairs while taking a hail of gunfire from enemy infantry and enemy MAX units. Good luck with that.
    • Up x 1
  16. soeguud

NC maxes do not need nerfing at all, and TR and VS counterparts are MUCH more effective at area denial.
    • Up x 2
  17. Purg

What makes you think NC ignores it? Rarely is an enemy MAX by itself. It'll take all your ammo to knock down that enemy MAX if you're within 8m of it - if you're not, you're toast to the enemy MAX. Not only that, it's now a sitting duck to any infantry in that area while you spend 4 seconds reloading. Only takes 2 infantry with concentrated fire for 4 seconds to kill you.

Charge is mainly used as a defensive mechanism, not an offensive one on an NC MAX due solely to the damage that can be inflicted on you during a long reload which is what an NC MAX spends most of its time doing.
    • Up x 1
  18. turtlestation

I'm going assume you're talking about Allatum (or The Holy NC MAX Breeding Grounds), and lemme tell you: if the situation were reversed, i.e. NC camping those stairs, it would be even worse for TR than NC.

For a TR MAX to do any real damage he's gonna try and fire at them for a few shots before getting 4 concurrent NC MAX shots and dying. Oh wait, he isn't going to try because he knows it's suicide.

You see, no other faction's MAX would attempt to because our MAX mindset is totally different. We know we can't charge into a room and instagib enemies. We can take out a whole room sometimes, but it's at a greater risk than if we would have shotguns attached to our arms. Sometimes I try with my VS MAX to lone wolf and it is fairly effective. But I can be even more effective with an uncerted stock NC MAX equipped with a scattercannon and a burster. You regularly see NC MAXes rolling around shotgunning fools and charging up into people's faces without worry on both Connery and Mattherson.
  19. TheRev

Hahaha stock NC max thats a good one.
  20. RobotNinja

That's just it. You can't charge into a heavily defended room and instagib countless enemies regardless of faction. You may take out one or two if you're lucky but once you have to reload as a NC MAX which is about as painful as waiting for your tax returns then you've just signed your own death certificate.
    • Up x 1