As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hecket

It has been proven that overlocking software [even in bios state] has adverse effects on PS2. Also Intel "boost" for certain CPU's that come with this technology in stock needs to be turned off.
  2. Exitus

Some problems here since this patch. Everything is flickering and too laggi. I Read this postings here, but it seems that there existing no possible solution that satisfied... What happen in since this patch. Before everything was working fine...
  3. Falzs

So i seem to be experiencing a 'milder' version of this bug, also started happening after GU2. I've a bunch of things overclocked on my pc, but i have everything set manual in bios. Frequency, voltages, timings, you name it. I also have EPU, cool 'n quiet, C1E and stuff disabled. Even ran a tweaker that allowed me to change the processor state's clock, so i set them all to max. Anyway, the point is there is absolutely no variation in any clock in my pc, confirmed by CPU-Z.
    The OC is very stable and runs 24/7. My internet didn't change between patches, and i have no lag anywhere. Oh, and that timing tool reports a 1:1 ratio.

Anyway, what happens to me is that i see about 30% of all people around flickering in the minimap. Not crap flying around like crazy, but just some stutter on some people. The game runs perfect when i start it, but after 10 minutes or so the problem starts happening and becomes worse with time. I've asked some guys and they confirmed that i was warping around a bit too. I've noticed that the people stuttering around wouldn't stutter anymore if i put them in my field of view, and they were behind building or walls - that is, perhaps about to be 'ignored' by my computer from that new feature they implemented in order to reduce player renders.
    Maybe the problem is the server and client fighting to see if someone should be 'ignored' or not.
    I thought it has to do with your bug, because it is crap flying around, but on a much smaller scale. Although people still see and shoot me, i've noticed some of them not seeing me all the time.

So following some advice from this thread i reset all my OC and values to default, but still taking care to remove any dynamic performance adjustments. When i got in game, i had player stutter from the start and experienced your bug fully about 5 minutes in, in a big fight. First i took a major fps hit, dropped to 0-2 fps for about 20 seconds. Then, fps returned to normal but i had texture flickering issues. After some time the flickering reduced a lot, but then sure enough there was crap flying everywhere. I was just standing there observing the bug but preferred to log out when someone screamed "FREAKING TR AND THEIR HACKERS".

When i overclocked back, i had no more crap flying around, fps drops or texture flicker anymore, only the player stuttering.

In the end i'm not discounting your theory that it has something to do with CPU clocks, but it's not a "clock higher than the default one" that causes it. Might have something to do with the feature where the pc deciding who it's supposed to ignore and who isn't. Maybe at some point the game analyses you performance and adjusts to it. If it changes somehow it doesn't adjust on the fly and things gets crazy.
  4. Miggs

I don't think it's as clear cut as that just yet Hecket.

OCing is a factor when this shows up, but since this is an online game and online gamers tend to be the folks that use OCing extensively, I would have expected to see WAY more actually reporting this artefact.

As it is those of us who are seeing this and realising there's a problem of some sort are still in the minority with respect to the PS2 playerbase. Out of my outfit I am currently the only guy to have seen this problem to the extent of making things unplayable, but I'm not the only one who has some form of OC going on when it happens.

Unless EVERYONE with some form of OC sees this same thing all we can say is that OCing may exacerbate an underlying problem by making it appear faster.

Of course, it could just be that there are clients using OC stuff where this is happening but they are not getting the extreme FPS drops or the warp issues in the minimap, all they are apparently getting is intermittent crashes or stuff lying around on screen, so they may not even be watching this thread.
  5. Bloodlet

So was there anything for this problem in the latest hotfix this morning? I saw nothing in the notes about it unfortunately.
  6. Jed142

those who have seemed to fix the issue. DO THIS for purpose of solving the issue.

go near an enemy spawn room and walk around the doors/walls. DO you get the "restricted area" message.

IF SO:
    we may have only suppressed the issue not "fixed" it entirely. I believe this information will help SOE further.

I can tell you , I DO get the message when walking about the spawn room. even though i seem to have fixed the warping issue. it seems I may still have it but on a very small unnoticeable scale.
  7. Miggs

I will give that a try next time I am in game, also going to hang around AMP stations outer defences to see if I can identify why they often drop my FPS.

--edit--
    Spawn room pain field at Ceres farms only triggers for me if I actually try to enter the actual spawn room. I can stand right next to the doors and not get the warning, only when I try to move in whatever direction would take me into the room does the message kick in.

Going back to a bit base with tunnels.
  8. Miggs

With the AMP stations I again only get the warning when I am actually on one of the spawn entrance fields and try to go through them, running over where the tunnels run are does not trigger the warning. Standing on the tunnel exit field in the outer walls does trigger a warning, though I suppose you would expect that as without the forcefield I would be falling into the tunnel.
  9. JebbJones

So I get this warning in alot of places near structures. including a hit to shields.. I have all the other negative effects highlighted in this thread. Finally I have had several OutFit mates ask if I am speed hacking. I just wish I could play the game the way is was before the patch. Level 39 player so I have a few hours/days into the game.

This is my official record to SOE that I am not hacking, it just your very poor management of a product you sell. I am a paying premium member and by the way that is/was borked on the profile screen as well.
  10. Miggs

Nothing in this update for an "OC fix", tried a quick connect with turbo ON post this latest update.

Just stood right in front of an NC MAX and shot at the floor in front of him, he obviously never saw me until I stopped moving.
  11. Miggs

Open a support ticket too, even if you select the option that you don't need a response to it, a forum post is not the same as a support ticket.
  12. sapilos

The last hotfix (08/02/2012) makes the problem with lag less for me.Still got in big fights tho.They got still work to do.
  13. Bronchikum

Did anyone who seems to have their issues 'fixed' by messing with their EPU *confirm* that the issue is actually gone ? Might just as well be it only looks OK on your end but are still warp on other people's PCs.
  14. Bronchikum

Seriously, all this testing belongs on a test server...
  15. Ubad00d

Can't believe there's still no fix or even a hint of a solution. Making the game unplayable and more than anything frustrating, people seem to have said that you need stop overclocking from the bios or something, but I'm not overclocking and I this problem :(
  16. JonnyBeanTown

I have the same problems as well. I am afraid to play due to the fact that everyone thinks I'm speed hacking. When I first log on it's ok but after about 10-15 minutes everything starts to go crazy and teleport around.

I also get the 'You are in a restricted area!' message when I am near enemy spawns, or bases. Frustrating for sure. Hope it gets fixed soon.
  17. Miggs

I have had people check me for warping (and they tell me I am not) a couple of times a session. Occasionally they will tell me I am, and I simply log out, restart PS2 and go back in, but the most obvious thing to look out for is getting kill streaks WAY above what you would normally see. There are some signs I look out for, audio (both Voice and game) micro-stutter and then tiny small jitters on the friendly units in the minimap. When I see these I automatically do a game restart without even bothering to ask for another player to check me.

If you have a decent lemgth of time in game before last Saturday, your K/D ratio is a quick way to see how well you should be doing now as well. Provided you are trying to play in the same style, a session K/D should be around the same as you were getting a few weeks ago.

If instead you find you are simply not getting killed nearly as often as you used to get killed, something has changed.
    • Up x 1
  18. 53RJ0

So far seems no one has found a sollution to this flickering bug.
    Since the major update few days ago i'm unable to play more than 5 minutes till the game stars flickering and then freezes , before the update I played fine.

Server: Cobalt
    system: AMD Phenom 2 x3 720 black edition, AMD Radeon HD 6870, 8GB DDR3,

So far tried:
    - reset .ini file, set 50% rendering and all the steps SOE sugested
    - roll back video drivers 12.8 and installing latest beta drivers 13.2.5
    - lounchpad client uninstall and reinstall

All theese had no positive result. What I'm trying now is deleted the entire PS2 folder and redownloading it from scratch via Steam.
    Another thing comes to mind to try is reseting the ingame chracter outfit and weapons, maybe the update has issue with older appearance tweaks.

sorry for bad english.
  19. Dony Freaky

I have an ASUS Motherboard and set my EPU Settings to High Performance via the AI Suite II. That killed all the problems at the moment. I had it on Turbo so i guess something of the "Turbo-Mode" caused that pathetic behavior.

Didn't change anything. Just delayed the effects a little bit.
  20. 53RJ0

This has resolved my flickering/freeze issue.
    Removed the game folder and redownload the full client.

Been playing for 2-3 hours without freezes and had only one time flickering that disapeared after 5 seconds.
    And have the feeling of a smoother gameplay, might be related to the video driver update.