As well as the other problems, crap flying everywhere.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by LordMondando, Feb 2, 2013.

1. codeForge

It definitely helps seeing videos of the effect. Best case scenario is always to find what we call a "repro case". Like "Do this, THAT happens". Then the fix is generally a facepalm and a few lines of code away from being fixed... but the harder it is to judge the reproduction steps, the harder it is to solve the problem. In those cases, we use our QA guys and players' videos to show us what's going on, and hopefully deduce the issue from there. We also sometimes inject more logging and information gathering to help us find the issue.
    • Up x 4
  2. sapilos

For me this problem starts at the patch of January.Then i couldnt find many posts about the problem.Ofc i talked with the support for about 3 weeks with no solution.Until last patch the problem was only on peak hours.Too late at night or too early at morning the game was ok.After the last patch tho for others start for 1st time this problem.For me it made it worse.Now i cant even play with 5-10 ppl near.If its something to do with CPU its for sure that in January was not that much noticeable but now after this one it is.Dont focus on last patch only.Check more back.
  3. Dony Freaky

I tried to capture a video for you guys but the ingame video recording function seems to be broken for me. It says it's "out of memory" but that can't be true because i have enough RAM left and HD looks good as well. Any idea what i can do?
  4. Bronchikum

Obviously.

Case 1: de-sync
    1. Play for ~2-10 minutes
    2. Wonder why you can't hit anyone anymore
    3. Play for a few more minutes
    4. Witness people warping, walking in the air, halfway into the ground, etc.
    Tool-delay, no exp. for repairing, health bars jumping from full to 90% empty and back to full
    Ammo reload delay of several seconds
    5. Play for yet another few minutes
    6. Optional: Frame rate drops below 5 fps as low as 0.
    Option A: It completely freezes.
    Option B: It recovers but only to crash at a later point
    6. Flashing geometry,entities, etc.
    7. Crash.
    Reproducibility: always

Case 2: Fall damage
    1. Play for ~2-10 minutes.
    2. Jump down an edge high enough to cause damage.
    3. After a variable delay of a few seconds, health and shied indicate damage taken
    4. After about that same amount of time damage indicators and sound.

Case 3: Taking damage in cover
    1. Play for 2-10 minutes.
    2. Find a firefight and take cover.
    3. Leave cover for 1 second and stand still
    4. Take cover again
    5. Wait for a few seconds
    6. Die

cheers!
  5. JelitoCienkie

Same here, since the patch everyone is warping for me on indar in big fights. On other continents there is no lag at all. I have like 30-60 fps, so i don't think this is a hardware performance issue. I tried all fixes mentioned before in this thread but nothing seem to work. My spec: i7 930. 12gb ram, geforce gtx 660, win7, and like i mentioned above this is happening since patch, before everything seemed to be ok, even beta game was way more playable to me, no it's just pain, bloody, dark suffering pain... Hope there is some fix coming soon. It's not that I like to complain, but stuff like that shouldn't happen on released version of the game, if it was beta I would report it and hope to see fix, no complains, but it's officially released game.
  6. Bloodlet

So today even without overclocking I apparently was warping around and almost single handedly capped an AMP station on Esamir. Once I had killed 4 people in a row with barely taking damage I figured something was up. By that time I had destroyed the SCU and could have taken the point. When defenders came to the point I just ran around shooting the floor. They started shooting and couldn't even get my shields down. I ran away and asked one if I was warping and he said yes. I am now making sure I'm not OC'd and logging back in and will hopefully get a fir fight. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  7. Pantheonal

I work on a small (compared to PS2 anyway) MMO in my spare time, and we had issues with our multi-threading solution when it came to the TSC on each CPU. When boost was enabled, the tick rate for the client was not reliable by any stretch of the imagination, and as you can imagine made everything go screwy. We spent considerable time trying to fix it on our end, but the cause was the TSC on the cores going out of sync with what was expected.

Wouldn't surprise me if you were having the same issue with dynamic clock adjustment, which affects the TSC. If a core is clocked at 3.6Ghz, and you expect x number of cycles, then you can accurately time the client and all that jazz. However, if the core is boosting or sleeping, you end up with an erratic number of cycles which can lead to odd behaviour.

In my game's case it was only the network thread that went screwy - with chat, movement, etc, not being update or 'stuck' for periods of time. It would seem if the 'boost' theory is correct, you have a similar problem with PS2.

Hope this helps.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

I'm going to type this again because it has fallen a few pages back.

My CPU was set on "auto" before in my bios, which is also stock clock speed, 16x, 200fsb, 3200mhz.
    Auto everything in the bios, like any normal user.

Instead I manually set my CPU multiplier to 16, FSB to 200 in bios, matching my cpu stock speed settings.

Before doing this workaround, after 10 mins I could not do damage, and things looks like its warping all over the place.
    This fixed the glitch completely. Session time of 6 hours no issues.

Asus motherboard, AMD x2 555 BE.
  9. Arkha3

This is a shot in the air, but does anyone have a P5Q motherboard that could post what manual settings they used in bios? (There are about 20 cpu/ram related settings I am not familiar with, all set to auto.)
  10. Miggs

The dynamic overclock removal workaround is definately NOT a full solution it seems.

Just had an instance of the simmilar translocation effect that EPU Turbo gives me but I had Turbo OFF.

Extremely big battle, 40+land vehicles "many" aircraft and possibly up to 100+ infantry (friend+enemy).

--edit--this was one big battle out of 4 with roughly the same numbers involved, the other three did not cause any observable problems for me.

I was setting up a manna turret and began taking fire. As soon as my sheild was down I immediately flipped to the minimap going crazy and warping air vehicles and ground troops for maybe 3 seconds then the system froze up. I took only a couple of bars actual damage before I got an frozen game. I was expecting a crash but stayed watching the static screen for a while.

Sound was still playing normally, so I stayed put and did nothing for a minute or so. I then called up the map (took about 5 seconds to load) and hit redeploy (took about 20 seconds before the timer started) and returned to a close spawn point to the battle.

The main difference to the EPU Turbo version of this effect was that, after I redeployed out of the game freeze the minimap was back to normal as were aircraft and ground units, and my FPS had recovered to it's normal levels. Everything looked smooth at my end again.

As a check I asked a squad mate to watch me moving and though he saw me walking normally without warping I was several feet in the air for him following the current terrain level but above it. Ran off to find enemies and they could not see me at all (apparently), at least I wasn't killed running through two enemy held buildings.

Disconnect/reconnect and things returned to normal, enemy seeing and killing me, expected FPS levels, minimal stutters.

If you are using the removal of dynamic overclocking as a workaround I would advise caution if you get an actual game freeze.

The slowdowns in FPS don't seem to push me out of synch, but if I get an actual freeze I suspect it might. Wasn't able to replicate this series of events.
  11. valid

This bug had been plaguing me since GU02, but seemed to get worse after the 2/6 restart. I have a Core i7 950 that was running at stock speed. Despite disabling speedstep/turbo, manually setting the multiplier/clock speed, and disabling all power saving functionality in the BIOS and in Windows, after about 2 minutes of gameplay other players would start randomly teleporting short jumps, and after 10 minutes it was huge jumps all over. Completely unplayable.

Then I got curious and underclocked my processor, down to 22x multiplier and 125 bus speed (from 23/133 stock). It made a huge difference. I logged in and played for 2 hours before I began to notice any of the abnormalities like I used to see in the first minute; e.g. the delayed sound from receiving fall damage.

Of course, underclocking my CPU in a CPU heavy game doesn't help my overall performance much, but it's a better situation than before.
  12. Dony Freaky

Ok, here is some footage i recorded some hours ago. You can see especially on the minimap how crazy the game behaves after update 2.
    Sorry for any desynced audio. I used the ingame recording function and it completely messed it up so i had to synchronise everything. Oh, i also made some comments so feel free to disable them unless you don't feel a strong need to read some poor english :D

System specs:
    MB: P6 X58-E WS
    Processor: i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz
    Memory: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    Graphics: 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 OC via SLI

I hope this helps somebody to solve the problem.
  13. Arkha3

That's very scary and that's also why I'm not playing period. I've already had tons of people call me a hacker shouting REPORT ARKHA3 SPEEDHACKING when I have no idea what was going on.

I can only hope the GM tools that PS2 devs have are able to see the difference between an actual hack, and a severe game desync.
  14. metalfreak

I think this warping problem only starts at some big fights going on. Last 2 days i started to defend the crown on Miller, with some huge battles going on! Like half of the people and vehicles are warping arround. I made a short video yesterday, but with less players arround and their was just 1 or 2 guys warping, from what i was able to see from the minimap.

And someone told me he is recording me because for him im warping arround like crazy and that im glitching intentional.. After this patch we are forced NOT to play because this can happen to us and we dont even know?

Especially after im able to play wIthout FPS-problems, i really want to play :(
    • Up x 1
  15. Naykon

I'll be back when this is fixed, until then your game is broken as far as i'm concerned, just looks like everyone's hacking and warping everywhere
  16. metalfreak

Seems like we are forced to wait, and this after they raised the Alpha squad xp to 50%... They should give us a Double-Xp WEEK after this problem is solved!!
  17. BEcka

This is another happy video from me showing the awesomeness that is GU2 January patch (launched in February). Remember i have a very strong PC, have tried every possible combination of settings, both bios and useroptions ini, upgrading every possible driver and still this is what happens to me, i go GODMODE apparently perma invisibility and on a 20 or 30 - 0 run.

I DID NOT ENJOY THIS, this is not what i want to play for 5-10 minutes GODMODE get a 30-0 run then crash and rejoin. I am a semi-pro shooter player and i want to ENJOY the game as it was meant to be played, if i wanted to go GODMODE i would have cheated, but i am NOT that kind of a person.

SOE FIX THIS NOW !!!
  18. Miggs

It's not like you are totally separate from the world is it BEcka? I mean if you find an enemy claymore and go up to it, it will still kill you won't it? It is just the opposing players that can't see you, you can interact with the rest of the world OK?

I did notice that during that you had several instances where your FPS dropped significantly. Is that a recording artefact or did you really drop around 90% of your FPS on occasion? I do see drops in my FPS here, but rarely are they as bad those in your last video and I get them happening extremely less often than happens in your video as well.

My system is..
    i7/860 - 2.8GHz
    6Gb Ram
    GTX295
    W7 Pro/64bit
  19. BEcka

Yes they are FPS drops (it's not the recording), and when i do get the FPS drops its the sign that i have a maximum of 2 minutes left to play until the game crashes, as you can see at the end
  20. Frostbitten

I see that you have flicker issues. Do you maybe have Radeon card? Almost all flicker issues were fixed by 13.1 drivers, for me at least.