NC Hacksaw is too effective in MAX duels

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Dec 14, 2012.

1. DeltaGun

You have made zero points, and instead keep repeating how everyone but you needs to learn to play. Are you a used car salesman?

You said before that TR/VS MAXes are better at longer ranges than NC MAXes, yet your suggestion is to charge forward? Which one is it? Oh yeah, you're just pulling anything you can out of your magical NC excuse bag to keep this argument going.

It was fun exercising my debating skills, but I'm done talking to you because you are clearly trolling.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cryptek

I want to insult you for making that 'argument', but I'll hold off, but here's the thing: WHAT HAPPENS, WHEN YOU CHARGE A HACKSAW MAX?.. OH RIGHT.. YOU DIE. So again, what was I supposed to do as a TR/VS MAX?

Neither you, or any NC have been able to give an answer to that question, so here's the thing If enough people(like say, the most posted in thread in the entire MAX part of the forum) keeps saying the hacksaw is broken OP, and not a single person is able to provide an actual USEFUL argument against nerfing it.. It's gonna get nerfed, if you provide nothing at all it'll be nerfed way beyond what I or any sensible person in this thread would want it to be.

So please, tell me, WHY does it need to be so efficient indoors that a MAX with several engineers behind him cannot survive despite the NC MAX he is fighting is solo? WHAT other role or option do I as either a VS or TR MAX pilot have, that isn't inferior to other vehicles? or absolutely impossible to perform when fighting NC MAXes?
  3. LordMondando

IMy argument is based on empire speciality, and your responding to what you want to. Also your not that great at rhetoric as its fairly obvious. Why quote so selectively?

I'm not trolling. I'm just not here to give lesson in small unit tatics.

I will say this however at 10-30 meters, the range beyond which hacksaws are completely useless. TR and VS units remain a massive threat. Unlike NC who when max crashing simply cannot engage across open ground or get bogged down, both TR and VS can.

Are you in an organised outfit?
  4. Obscura

So basically, your solution is to CHARGE an NC max? Which would be putting them in a CQC situation, which NC maxes excel in and instagib in. Are you that ********? Either COMPETELY nerf hacksaws damage at any range beyond 15 feet or buff the TR/VS maxes bullet spread to **** on them at range.
  5. Obscura

You obviously don't understand do you? Have you ever even played the other factions maxes? VS maxes especially CANT HIT ANYTHING at 20-30 meters or beyond. It handicaps by forcing us into CQC because we can't effectively hit a target from that range.

theres a small lesson in how the game actually works.
  6. Cryptek

Clearly you are trolling, Since again.. a scatmax has an effective range of 20 meters when fighting other MAXes, which is plenty for any generator/point.

the ability to shoot beyond that for a MAX is ABSOLUTELY POINLESS, since a tank/aircraft can do that job better (not to mention, try playing a VS MAX, it cannot engage beyond 25 meters at best) a MAX is only relevant when indoors fighting over a generator/point that only infantry can reach.. A thing that NC outperforms the other two MAXes at by so much that they cease to be relevant.
  7. LordMondando

Of to why you can stand toe to toe with a dual hacksaw max at 2 feet. Why should that question need to be answer, you and your squad should have more tactical ineptitude to try and engage like that. Just like me and mine don't try and engage mage riders in vanguards in open spaces. WE loose 9/10 times. Empire speciality.

Again to give up more hints to the opposition. Grenades hurt, also HA popping Rockets at point blank are super effective.

Now Space Lincoln will have me executed for treason :C

Again your argument hinges on that somehow this being the max thread implies that maxes should all be equal and that the differences between them should be simply aesetic.

Why is that the case. Its one this to scream OP over and over, but why shouldn't NC maxes be clearly the best at close range?

In reply to your spesific point here, as a NC hacksaw max. Trust me, we are not magic, sustained fire will kill us, unless its an empty base with one MAx against us and nothing else (situation which of course, never happens) will not surive long after that without heals.
  8. LordMondando

Yes I know all maxes are super inaccurate, the reticule being the size of a hubcap. Again is the issue here your trying to solo?
  9. LordMondando

No my solution for you would be to try to stick to infantry where your effective and use your increased armour relative to infantry to get within that magic 20 meter range where your effective. There your something the entire line will have to react to deal with.

I'd really rather not continue to teach VS how to fight NC....
  10. Obscura

Nope, I rarely play a max without support from my outfit. The problem is that the other two factions cannot use their niches when it comes to maxes like the NC can. You get the option of getting slugs, which increases your kill range, thus making you the MOST effective in close range and just about as accurate as a VS max at 20-30 meters. This makes our maxes pretty much useless, we can't engage you from a distance because our spread is ****, and can't engage you from close range because your DPS is much too high. So what do we do? "Charge" Like you just said? Because thats not only STUPID, it's the easiest way to get you killed in a max vs max duel vs NC.
  11. Cryptek

you don't even bother reading at this point do you? TIME and TIME again people have said: it's okay that it's the best in CQC.. BUT not by this much.

Sustained fire? HOW THE HELL am I supposed to lay down sustained fire, when you can kill me in 1.4 seconds? the only way to get any sustained fire on a NC MAX, is by having such staggering overwhelming forces that we can force you to reload and still have enough men left to kill you.

YOU however have not provided any argument for why the TR/VS MAX should be absolutely, utterly pointless and not just inferior.

WHY, TELL ME WHY.. it is that you should be allowed to instagib an MAX with 2-3 engineers behind him? Because being able to engage at a slightly longer range is in NO WAY a compensation for being rendered pointless in the larger scheme of things.

If you hypothetically gave the TR and VS MAXes such perfect accuracy that they had scoped assault rifles on each arm, they'd still be outperformed by the NC MAX, because they can not push him off the generator point, that leaves them to run around outside, where they will ALWAYS be outperformed by liberators, ESF, MBT's and lightnings. That was if we took a hypothetical scenario where they'd recieved a ludicrous buff.. Now back to reality: a VS MAX has about 25 meters to engage at, the TR have 30.. you have 20.. How is 5-10 meters extra engagement range going to give EITHER any kind of relevance?.

Why do you stubornly refuce to face facts and not just accept that you have broken OP toys that could easily take a 50% damage reduction against MAXes and still dominate indoors?
  12. Tom the Gun

Beyond 10m-15m other maxes are far more dangerous, they can and will win if the hacksaw stays to play. What are they better at? Clearing a corridor, standing at one end of a building and laying down constant death on the other, carving a path standing at the pads to the gens or points, clearing streets. You have your optimal operational ranges, craft tactics around them.
    Also burst damage. That means a lot of damage output followed by a long reload. Guess how combat effective a max is when it's reloading.
    The meta game will catch up to hacksaw maxes camping round corners sooner rather than latter. I've seen the solution time and time again. I'm not going to tell you what it is cause I don't like getting beaten down.
    The hacksaw MAX is good at one thing. The point blank ambush. It may have to wait or it may come in though the door, it's still an ambush. If you fail to communicate to others that it is there, waiting in ambush, or keep walking into the same ambush, well you've got some room for improvement in your tactics.

p.s. the aircraft/ tank thing is kinda moot. They arn't always available. Tanks are super vulnerable inside streets to mines, rockets and C4. Aircraft can be countered fairly damn heavily from the ground but every guy looking up is one less being useful in the ground fight. Also getting them into buildings is kind of a struggle. Not saying you can't do it, just saying you probably shouldn't.
  13. Obscura

I'm not even going to try and cypher this grammatical *********** you just typed up. But want to know my solution? Buff VS and TR maxes to destroy NC maxes at a range, so you can feel what it's like to be wrecked when your out of your maxes natural environment, which is CQC. But that would probably bring NC tears from all corners of the globe
    • Up x 2
  14. Cryptek

NC can cert slugs to have the same effective engagement range as a TR/VS (I don't see why you'd want to though, because their extra range is pointless), second the hacksaw doesnt need to stay and play, at anything but it's effective range, because it never has to leave it's comfort zone in a biolab or any indoors scenario where tanks/planes can't get involved.

Reloads, that's sweet... How effective is my MAX when it's dead on the floor?

If you're not gonna post it, that's about as useful of an argument, as me saying 'I know how to make the VS MAX fire rainbows out of it's ****, but I'm not going to share, because I enjoy being the most fabulous'. Second there is no doubt in my mind, that the methode is not a way for a MAX to take down a NC MAX who is indoors..
    • Up x 1
  15. Arcanum

NC can have good MAXes while TR/VS has to use inferior MAX or not simply use it, astounding display of logic and lack of bias. I applaud.

And this thread is just constant repetition, don't you guys get tired? Do you really need the last word that badly? It's not like if you spam enough the devs will listen to you.
    Because we know the noble NC, a playerbase widely renowned for their maturity, refuse to certfarm in a most honorable act of protest against bad game mechanics while the evil VS/TR break their protest and proceed to **** up the game mechanics and balance further. NO FUN ALLOWED, NC. Yeah, right.

You don't even need to get to vehicles to break them. TR/VS MAXes are actually not much better than normal infantry at infantry affairs. Their only advantage is health, while the NC MAX actually has weapons that do things normal infantry can't do.
  16. Dasmasterneko

Yet i see TR maxes trounce around on large amounts of infantry all the time. Especially in the Bio labs. Obviously they know something you do not.

Why it instagibs armored maxes? Because its a freaking shotgun. NC simply do not care about your problems if they are at the end of a shotgun. But actually its just a quirk on how shotguns work. Damage do not scale linearly as you get closer to a shotgun. It scales exponentially. If i am not mistaken every step you take closer the damage increase 3 times as much as it did the last step. (not the total damage just the damage increase from that step)

Now you can see why that causes some insane damage if you get close... but also pathetic damage if you step away. It works both ways.
  17. Cryptek

I'm still waiting for the argument.. All you did was state the obvious and the problem.
  18. Dasmasterneko

An argument for why MAX suites should be feared instead of laughed at? I have already stated what i think should be done for vanu and TR to get them into the game. The problem is not NC.. Its that Vanu and TR are not at the same level on their respective turf.

NC maxes should chew through anything soft enough at short range. TR and Vanu should be able to reliable out range NC's hacksaw. I suggested a long range continuous laser that could work like the engineers repair tool with cooldown and all. I suggested aiming modules that can be attached to certain max weapons and give the same effect as aiming down scope does for infantry.

What have you argued for? Boohoo shotguns are OP in close combat! Make them shoot nerf bullets and whip cream.
  19. Arcanum

20. Dasmasterneko

*sighs* Well what do you think then. Should there be a weapon that rivals a shotgun in point blank ranges? Mind you this is only a question.