Planetside 2 Constantly Crashing into Desktop

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drunk Pilot, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Drunk Pilot

my planetside 2 constantly crashes without warning for seemingly no reason, althrough it runs fine at 30-50fps(till it crashes).

Faulting application name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Faulting module name: PlanetSide2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50ab960e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x017ec854
    Faulting process id: 0x2be58
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdc7919f7219aa
    Faulting application path: G:\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    Faulting module path: G:\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe

is anyone else having a similar problem?

also i'm on windows 7 ultimate.
  2. firenight5

Hello there,

I get about 10 minutes of gameplay, if I am running no background applications, not in a squad, and no other applications are running. If I am running teamspeak, and not in a squad, I get about 8 minutes of gameplay. If I am running teamspeak and am in a squad, I get <5 minutes of gameplay. Also curious if anyone has a solution. I have tried validating game assets, running as administrator, disabling firewall/antivirus, and restarting my computer, but nothing has worked thus far. I have recommended computer specs for this game, but have had this problem since before the Amerish beta patch. As a side note: I have even tried just standing idle at the warpgate, but I still have crashes. I also run the game at about 80 fps during a big battle, 110 fps at warpgate.

Specs:
    Intel quad core i5 2500 (sandy bridge)
    GeForce GTX 560 ti (latest beta drivers)
    8gbs of RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit
  3. Yeo-Yin

can you try to lower your fps (by vertical synchronization or anything like that) ?

My supposition is there is a memory leak and it happens every frame. So, if you computer is faster, you'll get more fps and crash sooner.

Also, i you can try to run the task manager to check how the memory change, it could be usefull (if it increase again and again and again then crash when all the 8 giga are taken... well ...)
    Actually, if it's that a "solution" would be to increase the swap memory (even if it's an ugly solution).
  4. firenight5

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to up my graphics settings and such. In terms of memory usage however, it is stable. I left task manager up to see if there was a spike in memory usage or cpu usage, and there was none. Do you think increasing my memory to 12 or 16 gbs would help? I will report back in terms of lower fps helping on this issue.

Specs:
    8gbs of RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit
  5. FA_Q2

Getting a similar problem. They have not foxed the CTD bug that was in beta. Unacceptable.

First session - 3 hours. Second, 5 mins.
  6. firenight5

Update from previous post: I upped my graphics to high, added ambient inclusion, vertical sync, motion blur etc. which brought my frame rate down to ~40 fps, however just as usual I crashed to desktop in about 10 minutes. Memory(using about 3.8 gbs, no spike or anything) and CPU usage was stable at the time of the crash as well.

Specs:
    8gbs of RAM
    Windows 7 64 bit
  7. DeadAlive99

I've had a couple of crashes so far, about on pace with my beta crashes. And still, the process will not shut down on its' own when exiting the game.
  8. stylinonyou

same issue here, i believe its something to do with memory, because my game would crash after 5 minutes of play with medium settings, then i put setting on low and render distance to 50% and it ran for about 15 minutes then crashed. still horribly annoying, i was plagued by this issue in the beta and i stoped playing because of it. i was like "ill just wait for the game to come out and it will be better" and its not wth SOE
  9. nickxx

game crashes to desktop like every 10 mins of playing wtf
  10. firenight5

11. Drunk Pilot

still getting the error, i can play a few minutes, and then it crashes out of nowhere.

specs:
    intel quad core Q9400 2.6ghz
    ATI radeon HD5770
    4GBs Ram
    windows 7 ultimate 32 bits
  12. Evilserge

Bump! Same probleme here
  13. HumsterMKX

About 5 crashes for the pass 4 hours.

And also this rendering issue in which the world graphic just stop appearing and all I'm looking at is space..
  14. gutiarist616

15. Drunk Pilot

if it were faulty ram, it would affect other games, but this is the only game that crashes on my pc.
  16. Telgrin

17. Gheeta

I keep crashing all the time as well.

Gtx 580
    i7 930
    Win 7 64bit
  18. Telgrin

There are certainly OTHER reasons for crashing, However.. i explain how and why ALL 32bit os's crash. Which he is using
  19. Waslop

I've had 4 crashes in around 6 hours of gameplay. I haven't noticed any pattern in when it dies. It doesn't actually crash to desktop for me, it freezes and you have to ctrl-alt-del your way out.
  20. Grantrithor

This issue has been here from around September, the dev team hasn't been really responsive on one of the hugest issues with the game - that is, the fact that you can't even play it.