Planetside 2 Constantly Crashing into Desktop

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drunk Pilot, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Screwballl

I am running into the same thing here and I have a solid system and network (and a long time PC tech so I know its not my system).
    Half the time it disconnects, other half the time it completely crashes to Desktop.

E6600 2.4GHz
    4GB DDR2
    1792 MB GTX260 - latest nvidia drivers
    Win7 Home Prem 64bit
    X-Fi sound card
    Wrt54G with DD-wrt firmware, 30Mb cable connection stable year round

According to Fraps, even at high, I still get 30-50fps.
  2. SoldadoLagoso

Same problem: 50ab960e

Please do something to fix this %&/() it's super anoying playing just for 5 minuts
  3. DreadKnight

Crashed to desktop after 5 minutes

i7 950
    gtx 480
    6gb ddr 3 @ 1600mhz
  4. WilliamB

Crashed again, that's 5 time tonight. I maybe crashed 3 time in the whole beta ...
  5. TheSovietJoker

Happens to me too
  6. Dat_Duck

Yup same here, oh do I hope a new patch or something is released soon this game is so much fun
  7. ChoMPi

I have the same issue, is it going to be fixed soon??? Please at least tell us you're working on it or something...

Also i found that text file named outofmemory.txt in the game directory.

outofmemory.txt File: http://pastebin.com/WxEw0a1R
  8. chemkay

So i can play ps2 (duocore 2,5 mhz, 5-25 fps, nvidia 304.x drivers, wine 1.5.17) without crashing as long as i dont access any consoles ingame what leads to an crash.
  9. Drunk Pilot

it isn't due to 32bit only, otherwise the folks using 64bit wouldn't crash constantly too, the one thing i've noticed about my crashes is that my pc can't stutter AT ALL, if i get a bit of stuttering at any moment, no matter how quick or small, planetside will crash, if i don't get any stuttering at all then i can play, this has to be the most delicate game i've ever seen lol, games aren't supposed to crash at the smallest sign of stuttering.
  10. Supremusss

Happens to me too
  11. Sketcher__

in regards to this information here download a RAM testing program and cross reference your errors, it SHOULD point to the dodgy RAM at fault.

As for crashing to desktop go to event viewer, you're on windows 7 so just type it into the search, go to software, find errors then see if you have any graphics card specific errors.
  12. Drunk Pilot

oh god, i already said its not a ram issue, and its not a graphic issue either, if it were it would affect other games, i have tons of games and none of them crash like this, this is literally the only one, and only if i get any stutter AT ALL, it seems the game can't handle even the most insignficant stutter, and i posted the error from event viewer right at the beginning of the topic.
  13. Meta Haze

Find my [OutofMemory] in this section of the forums and it should fix it.
    • Up x 1
  14. YoggSaron

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:planetSide2.exe
    Application Version:0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp:50adc7c5
    Fault Module Name:planetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version:0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp:50adc7c5
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:007fb79a
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID:1033
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    This is the message I get.
    i.5 3.2
    8gb ddr3
    gtx560
    my system is 4 mths old
  15. YoggSaron

i tried turning the graphic settings to low and vision length but no glory
  16. YoggSaron

might have a go on ultra
  17. suzuki834

let me guess majority crashing use 32bit os and an AMD card? iv had the exact same problem since the beta as well as others

only post i have seen on this topic from staff was some one blaming our computers

i guess they dont care about people with 32bit OS and AMD cards:(
  18. Meta Haze

The above Memory fix I posted fixed mine, I am using Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium.
    Specs:
    • Radeon HD 6670
    • Intel e5500 dual core 2.80 ghz
    • 4 GB Kingston Dual Channel ram
    As you can see, it is nothing to do with AMD cards. It is the Memory issue with 32 bit OSes instead....
  19. Telgrin

drunk.. your using 32bit, you will crash.. period. you can try the userva meta's post is about.
  20. LordoftheHills

I have 64bit Windows and a GeForce and the same crashing problem is happening to me.