[Suggestion] The Main Reason Infils Don't Work In PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Apr 19, 2020.

1. TRspy007

Now I've already mentioned the fact that the infiltrator is typically a class meant to farm a high KDR, and that it serves very little use in the combined arms game, and the little use it has could easily be given to the engineer, that's no longer unique in putting down spitfires (great work dbg).

I've pointed out it's pretty dumb for a "recon" class to have the ability to equip weapons that 1hk up to really long distances when rocket launchers and most tank rounds don't even do that anymore, and the fact they can be harder to notice on certain settings.

But fundamentally, why is the infiltrator "overpowered" compared to other classes? Well, a major problem has to do with the cloaking ability and the clientside. Based on server latency and client response times, there's usually a delay between what you see, and what's actually "happened". For this reason, many experienced players will try to dictate their engagements, and break off using medics and running for cover if they are engaged first.

The problem with the infiltrator is that it's able to dictate it's engagements thanks to the invisibility it has. For this reason, many of the times you see the infiltrator uncloak, he's already headshotted you with his rifles or SMG. Same thing applies to the instagib knife. Really it's the clientside detection that makes the cloaking ability too powerful in my opinion. I mean, is it really weird that infil mains have higher KDRs than most veteran heavies?
    • Up x 4
  2. OneShadowWarrior

Cloakers as we called it in first Planetside had more interesting stuff. You could hack vehicles, you could hack doors, they only had pistols but did have access to combat engineer stuff, but the boomer which was C4 had to be set in a spot, you couldn’t just throw it and you could also carry lot’s of grenades if you made room in your inventory and they had Emp ones that actually jammed vehicles. Knives did come, but you had to equip them, no instant swipes. Sniper rifles were common pool, infiltrators did not have access to them.

Planetside 2, well infiltrators have a very large access to way to many CQC weapons while being able to be invisible. Make it where you can’t cloak when you have a bolt action and only allow 6x or up. Meanwhile redestribute the OHK CQC rifles with 4x and under scopes to the other classes. Also remove nano cloaking and work on giving more cloaker based functions to the class. They already have a plethora of mid ranged and CQC guns in scout-sniper/rifles as well. They have smg, pistols and knives for in close and although annoying, they have to have something.
    • Up x 3
  3. LordKrelas

Heaven forbid the HeavyAssault's Rocket-Launcher isn't a Long-range One-shot, paired with Over-shields, LMGs & Secondary weapons.
    Unlike the Sniper Rifle, the Rocket-Launcher is an Anti-Armor weapon, that doesn't care where it hits.
    Tank-Shells are also not limited by Head-shots, and hold a higher velocity, on top of Splash-damage.

Recon; They are not just recon.
    It's incredibly pointless in Planetside, to simply go "Hey, Priority Target", and that's it.
    It's a slow-firing Bolt-Action weapon, that your Local medic can undo in literal seconds; HA's aren't the perfect counter to every infantry target \ threat, Shocking.

Every unit can dictate engagement.
    The Infiltrator typically needs to, in order to live; This 'invisibility' is also false - You can actually see the Unarmed Infil, during the cloak.
    As well, that Infiltrator isn't the only one that can Head-shot, Every weapon can, the Sniper rifle is however reliant on them.

SMGs are close-combat weapons; Without surprise, the Infiltrator would not kill their target.
    Which is the point. If you are aware of the Infiltrator, their cloak is now their dead-sentence.
    As they are disarmed under it, and if you're an HA, you already have a higher effective Health-pool, and a Commissioner one-shots Infils.

Infiltrators sitting on a Hill, only able to attack near static targets, or clever Infils skirmishing up-close with the idea that flanking is actually useful, both picking their targets carefully, and disengaging.
    Vs the Heavy-Assault on the Point, that can gun down numerous opponents with barely a need to pick their targets.

A Heavy-Assault, can do the same "Survival Focus over all" trick.
    Sure they aren't kitted to long-range Attacks, with the slowest kill-rate this side of the planet, but they can disengage & re-engage, keeping themselves alive -- Medkit spam anyone?

What is more scary? The Sniper whom gets a kill every couple minutes, and evades death by evasion of foes?
    Or the Heavy-Assault, that racks up dozens every minute they're in combat, surviving by sheer meat-shield capability?
    If you fear the former more than the Latter; Where in the christ is your medic, and are you standing still?

Ah yes, Man with Pistol, hacking doors.
    Acting akin to Lockpits & Car-Thieves.

After your First Bolt-Action shot, if you can't cloak, you're dead to a counter-snipe, Rocket, tank, aircraft or anything else in range.
    That is of course, assuming you got to said position without being shot.
    Think about why Infils, with Cloaking still stay back as far as they do, when people barely seem capable of noticing them at range.

As return-fire is lethal, and sniping in this game, relies quite a bit on relocating While under-cloak.
    As well; Why must Infiltrators be slammed into closer-ranges?
    Is it so the Heavy-Assaults always can return fire, with the plentiful bullets, shredding them casually?
    Are Stalker Infiltrators more appealing than something that isn't Backhanded to death once found?
    • Up x 1
  4. TheFlowingCert

Ahem.
    Infiltrators have these weapon types dedicated for CQC.
    Bolt-action SR, SMG, FA-Scout rifle SA-Scout rifle, CQC SA-Sniper. Pistol.
    Note that out all of them, Only SMGs and FA-Scout rifles are actually easy to use CONSISTENTLY.
    It is easy to get a kill here or there with a bolt-action, but I run over people every now and again with a Basilisk Flash, so I'm not sure why flukes need to be nerfed.

What's this garbage about Infiltrators being invisible? FFS they are easy to see if they walk, worse if they run, and sometimes, when they crouchwalk, they become very easy to see. The only time they are actually invisible is when they are crouched, which is limited to one type of cloak - the Stalker. Hunters and NAC have to find a safe space to recharge cloak.
    If anything, the only person who actually makes points here is LordKrelas, who actually provides counterpoints. Everything an Infiltrator gets, they sacrifice another.
    Want to not be crippled in 1v1? Take NAC - but you have far less cloak.
    Want to one-shot people? Take the CQC bolts. But practice hard or die when you miss.
    Want to spray and pray? Take SMG. But run everytime you engage someone out of 20metres.
    Want to kill people safely? Take a medium/long range sniper rifle. But enjoy a plummeting KPM.
    Want to be able to engage people everywhere? Semi-Auto scout rifles. But practice hitting the head or die due to misses.
    Want to have an easy gun to use? Full-auto scout rifles. But they're garbage-tier assault rifles.
    Want infinite cloak? Hope you're good with a secondary. Also, you'll get bumped into and summarily executed.

So its balanced - an Infiltrator gets good at something; they're worse at another.
    Also, I note how no one has talked about the real strength of Infiltrators in organized squadplay.
    Recon darts, Motion spotters and Hacking.
    Take a guess just how strong Hacking is for squads.
  5. TRspy007

you should play the heavy assault more often, pretty much every class can go up against them and win. Sure, there's a few good players where I need to ambush or switch to a heavy myself, but the days where a heavy walks into a room and everybody drops are long gone.
  6. TRspy007

It's an ability that should have went to the engineer. Really, when the dude has done that, the infil pretty much becomes useless. And engineer with recon dart crossbow can spam infinite darts and be more effective than the infil that has to resupply all the time. Sure, they sacrifice their secondary, but if it's squad play as you say, it's not the end of the world.
  7. LordKrelas

I have.
    An Engineer does not have their HP pool, nor their guns.
    A Medic, has an AR - They're more dangerous if they can use it properly, but most are restricted to their medi-tool.
    An LA, is most vulnerable in-flight, and unless they're a good shot or up-close , they're fodder.

An Heavy-Assault, is not countered by every class; Unless you're incapable of hitting the shield, and a crap shot.
    Try using a Gauss Saw in Close-Quarters against CQC Range LMGs , and then say every class can counter it.
    You've got Resist & Pure HP, with heavy weapons (literal & metaphorical)
    The only class, that has less HP, is not the most dangerous thing - an HA in any conflict, or battle, is fully armed & lethal.

Infils haven't gained nor have other Classes, to make the Heavy-Assault fragile , let alone to where the HA being weak to other classes, makes Infils strong.
    As well; It's the idea, that you aren't meant to blindly walk into a room & win?
    As the Players that can, are picking HA, not since it automatically achieves victory, but the toolkit.
    Otherwise; Why would people not be using Medics or Infils, over HA's, and be in the front line?
    Why would HA's be used in Competitions?
    People still use those Server-smashes as god-all-evidence, and I'm pretty sure HA's rank high in those.

After all; the HA has survival-capacity with the Overshield options, and the universal toolkit.
    A fool in any class even a MAX will die, regardless of their tools, and I'm pretty damn sure, HA"s are regulated to "dead on use" compared to other classes - Let alone enough, that Infils need to be ***** into the ground.
    As if that was true: Wouldn't you be after the Classes that are more direct combat capable, if they're surpassing HA's?
    As Infils aren't - Your own descriptions involve them avoiding anything but ambushes & long-range disengagement fests.
  8. TheFlowingCert

"And engineer with recon dart crossbow can spam infinite darts and be more effective than the infil that has to resupply all the time. "

Crossbow recon darts cannot be upgraded. It's on a very strange weapon type, and sacrifices the quick draw of other secondaries. It's also extremely niche.

RDD can be upgraded. It does not conflict with any weapons an Infiltrator carries.

RDD is superior. Full stop.
    Don't use niche examples where the trade-off is very high to make a point that one system is absolutely superior to another.

So no, sorry, but the reconnaissance functions of the Infiltrator cannot be merged into Engineer.

And an Engineer wasting their time launching unupgraded darts when they should otherwise be preparing their pointhold, repairing allied vehicles or deploying ammo packs is just that - a waste of time.
  9. TRspy007

go tell that to all the heavies I've mowed down doing all the directives (hint: they weren't all just noobs or half health players).

Really, the shield might mitigate the effects of up to 2 bullets max if you go for the head. A nice ability? Yes, but in a game where you can have dozens of people shooting at you at once, you'll survive longer being invisible than glowing like a bright mf to get +407hp and a movement decrease (please, go test that out if you don't believe me). As any class, I can comfortably charge a heavy face on and have a fair chance of winning, or at least dying with them. I'm usually the first person leading the charge, and as almost any class I can recall instances where I stumble face-to-face across 3+ heavies and mop the floors with them.

Planetside 2 isn't a game of "whoever has the most health wins", and if you haven't realized that by now, I'm sorry dude, but you're not qualified to comment. Why isn't everyone running MAX or heavy assault if the little amount of health they have makes them so powerful? In a game like planetside, the key to obtaining long killstreaks is stealth. Don't be spotted, don't appear on the minimap, kill and re-position. What class does this best? The infiltrator, and sure, you can add the light assault too.

Sure, I've killed a few infils, but the problem is a good infil is like a good pilot: there's no counter to them. You're delusional if you think giving 1hk weapons to a class that can cloak is fair. There's a good reason why infiltrators weren't allowed to cloak with primaries in Planetside 1.

I have made points about the lack of effectiveness of MAXes and Heavies, which is why I must make comments about arguably the best class in the game, that has yet to receive a nerf. And don't tell me darklights that work 50/50 up to 4 meters and 100 less health is a nerf for a class that has the fastest ttk weapons at any range and the best ability in the game.
  10. TRspy007

I don't care how upgraded your darts are, you still need to resupply or you'll run out. The engineer is able to launch an infinite amount of darts without running back and forth towards ammo packs/terminals.

And I'm pretty sure once he's thrown his darts, the engineer can go back to repairing or supporting something with his turret.

what does the infiltrator do to support after they run out of darts and terminals to hack? Steal some kills? Sit in a corner and do nothing for the rest of the cap?
  11. Demigan

There are solutions you could use without removing OHK weapons from the Infil. As removing them and giving their equipment for no reason to the already bloated Engineer is just not a good solution.

For example you could alter the cloak. You make it last a little longer as compensation and equalize its health and shield with other classes, then increase the decloak time. If it takes 1 to 2 seconds to decloak most of its direct combat capabilities from a cloaked position are nuked. Decloaking right now gives a sound, what if it also added a bright flash whenever it cloaked/decloaked? That would make it visible whenever it used stealth and the added cloak energy would help them get around rather than into combat, and their added health allows them to make full use of their flanking positions similar to an LA.

An additional/another solution is to make the weapons detectable before they fire. For example whenever someone ADS's with a sniper their targets will see a laserflash from the sniper position, ir a direct warning on their screen that a sniper is aiming in their direction. It gives them a chance to react and anticipate. It also forces snipers to do more than sit in one area and snipe.
    • Up x 1
  12. TRspy007

The reason the engineer is a go-to class for the dumps is because it generates less xp than a medic unless it is repairing a MAX, and it's not something you can quickly do and go back to killing dudes with your AR (hence why it's not called the COMBAT ENGINEER).

Also with the addition of spitfires for all (what a great idea) the engineer loses a bit of it's utility. If it could hack terminals or at least repair destroyed ones to turn them into allied ones (this would be pretty useful at those NS bases), it would be good. Also, it already uses/used the spitfire as a sort of detection device, why not build in a scout radar into the engineer turrets? This would at least give them an advantage over the aux spitfires.

As for the 1hk weapons, people complained about launchers, pump shotguns and tanks instagibbing them, which is why few launchers and tank weapons still 1hk infantry (even with a headshot, apparently my launchers other than the kraken/deci don't do anything)! Why would we nerf the 1hk abilities of only some weapons, instead of all? Especially considering the sniper has far more effective range than a shotgun, and is way easier to aim than a launcher.

I'd also like to see the vandal and the automatic scout rifles given to the other classes, since we already have a tranq vandal anyways, and I would like to do the battle rifle directives on classes other than the infil. Sure, it's a bump to kdr, but I simply find infiltrator boring and unfair, it's a class that like air, I stay away from as much as possible.
  13. TheFlowingCert

"I simply find Infiltrator boring and unfair"

Finally. Admission that these tweaks are on a wholly subjective basis.

Now, in terms of actual game balance NOT based on "I find it annoying", explain why the Infiltrator must be nerfed.

My counter-argument is as follows:
    1) Snipers are already ineffective in terms of KPM. It takes time to set up, and one must reposition after a few shots. This limits its capacity to turn the tide of battle.

2) There are few skilled Infiltrators relative to the number of skilled Heavies/Medics. The amount of effort one needs to place into an Infiltrator to be consistent at it is greater than other classes. This is because a failure to dictate the terms of engagement is tantamount to death. This is due to the specialized weapons an Infiltrator has, which are ineffective outside its specified range.

3) The weapons that can be used at all ranges such as BASR, SASR, require an invest in aim and being able to dictate the terms of engagement far more than other classes. Also, these cannot afford to miss.

4) SMGs are close ranged weapons. If one does not engage in short range, one is at an immediate disadvantage. Also, this is common pool.

5) The cloak is not invisible, unless an Infiltrator stays still. Staying still is only an option given to Stalker infiltrators, who lack a primary weapon for that reason.

6) Cloak at long-distance is effective. The downside is number 1:The sniper is ineffective at that range.

The downsides an Infiltrator has are enough of a balance to its upsides, and means that they should not be nerfed, as there is no objective reason as to why the cloak has too much upsides with very little downsides.

And since only a select few Infiltrators are good enough to be a consistent thorn in one's side, it is not logical to nerf the class.

Also:
    "And I'm pretty sure once he's thrown his darts, the engineer can go back to repairing or supporting something with his turret."

20 second dart time. The Engineer essentially has to keep firing the darts or else they disappear.

Since the context is team-play, ammo packs should be on the point, so running out of RDDs are a non-issue.
    • Up x 2
  14. LordKrelas

If mowing down people means they're crap; Why does anyone use Light-Assaults, Engineers or Infiltrators?
    They don't have the Ability to self-heal, boost their HP, nor wield 3 weapon-systems capable of medium to long-range combat.
    Engineers deploy objects & have ammo - They field Carbines & SMGS, maybe shotguns.
    Light-Assaults slowly jet upwards, or do it rapidly near uncontrolled, with Carbines, SMGs or Shotguns.
    Infiltrators disarm themselves, and suffer lower HP pools - to the point, you can one-shot them with a pistol.

You can kill every class with a Knife, or a Pistol casually, if you are decent at shooting.
    Heavy-Assaults are not push-overs compared to Infiltrators , Medics, Light-Assaults, or Engineers.

You'd survive longer as an HA, against a crowd than any other class.
    One Pistol Shot ends the Infiltrator.
    The Health Increase absorbs a few extra rounds, But even the Medic is Dead to a group of 2 at their best healing rate possible.

As any Class, I can pistol kill any other class.
    Same with a Knife.
    Does that make Whatever class I like, not strong-enough? Or another stronger? Not really.
    If they were any other class, Do you honestly believe they'd be alive? Likely not.

Effective Health can win fights.
    As can everything; HA's are not however fragile nor weak, Which was the point.
    Infiltrators are not godly, nor HA's weak compared to other classes.

The Cloak alone, does not equal stealth.
    If it does; My gods, a Light-Assault chucking grenades would've been just as effective.

In Planetside 1, Everyone had to carry ammo, Hard-Spec, Sieges required numerous people, VS had universal-ammo that could eat vehicles, Water was a thing, and VS Maxes could fly.
    Not to mention everyone had third-person camera, and plentiful AOE weapons.

Disarming yourself, to reduce visibility, allows you better positioning, if you can use it well.
    Jet-packs do similar, with agility to bypass obstacles rather than sneaking around, to get better positioning.

Rocket-Launchers were a one-shot to any part of the Infantry, fired up-close casually, before they dipped around a corner.
    People complain about Shotguns gibbing them in 3 meter ranges - yet most used carbines or any other CQC weapon.
    People complain about snipers hitting someone in the head, at close-range or 300 meter distances.
    One of these easily happens 30 times in 5 minutes, Another quite similar, and the last every half-hour.

Tanks have higher velocity, higher vehicle health & speed, better ROF, greater or equal range, and on top, often had raw splash damage, in addition to the shot needing only to clip the body.
    The Sniper rifle, needs a head-shot, on the target - and has less velocity to work with, in addition to being on a squishy frame.
    A tank can survive AV weapons up-close, out-distance the infantry rapidly with speed, and had the velocity to hit the target commonly, on top of the HP pool to survive return fire.

The Infil, doesn't.
    If the Sniper is in range, It needs the first shot to land, as it won't get another - The opponent is in range, so return-fire will be nailing them, this throws off aim, in addition to casually killing the sniper.
    This is why they're at their far ranges; Return-fire isn't a joke.
    As for CQC Bolters, same-principle: If they miss, they're dead.
    If the Tank misses; It gives no *****, it has the TTK advantage, needs 1 shot on any part of the body, and can escape at will.

A Good Pilot in an aircraft, has a TTK advantage, an mobility advantage, 2x the weapon-systems of equal vehicles, Automatic-repairs, Automatic-Radar, the fastest Speed in the game - that also has boosters, and requires Dedicated 2GA weapons which suffer many negatives.

An Infiltrator, has less HP, has the same movement speed as other infantry, is land-locked, if using a bolt is reliant on head-shots, if using an SMG it suffers short-range, their ability disarms them & is not invisibility so it isn't end-all, they don't have inherent abilities (just like other infantry), and they have the same number of weapons has most classes (HA & LA have more than anyone else, at 3.)

To escape a Pilot: You need to not be a vehicle, nor exposed with LOS to the sky.
    This thing can go anywhere, can do any angle of approach to fire or fly, and has no passive defenses.
    It has a sub-second TTK on any infantry unit or MAX - no Infantry ability changes this. Nor does their accuracy.
    Non-AV is incredibly sub-optimal, and this thing has more HP than any Infantry class.

To escape an Infil: If it's a bolter, any cover will shield you entirely. If it's an SMG, any distance, or allies.
    Hell, you can also prep with Mines, Proximity-Radar, and they're limited to the same infantry pathways.
    A Commissioner Pistol can literally one-tap an Infil with a single head-shot at close-range: it packs 6 bullets.
    This thing has the smallest HP pool of infantry.

Killing an Infiltrator is a lot easier, than killing an ESF.
    Hell, you can run one over.
    Killing these buggers is casual; I've done with an Idle-rocket to their head, at medium-range for fun.
    An enemy ESF in location, is a hell of a problem, on the smaller-scale, and stacks heavily.
    Infiltrators? My lord, you can just do near anything, and murder them - past blindly walk around.

Battle-Rifles are on other Classes.
    Maybe you'd like to try them.

Hell, maybe you'd like to experience sniping without a cloak; Field an ARCHER.
    The counter-fire is a bastard.
    You'll also experience what an Specialized-tool feels like against the wrong-target type, That'll be new, for a Heavy-Assault.
    Since they always have the right tool.
  15. TRspy007

if that helps with what?

On my main I'm an engineer main, with maybe 1% infil. What does that do?
  16. TRspy007

Anything said in the forums is a on a subjective basis. Your claims are subjective too, does that mean I disregard them?

Also I thought I would mention that is my opinion when playing the class. Even with the default, I can go head to head with heavies and just quickly kill them with headshots. It feels pretty unfair, and I can't recall a time I played infil and my kdr didn't raise by at least 4 whole points. I tend to sometimes pull them against a zerg that's ghost capping a base, but at that point I'm more trolling than doing anything to help save the base. And really, of all I said you retain the last sentence?

Now you basically mention that the infiltrator isn't able to turn the time of a battle, it just kinda picks off kills or sits cloaked in a corner somewhere. Based on that, regardless on how powerful the class is, does it sound like it belongs in a combined arms game? Really, you basically explained how it serves no purpose for the faction in a fight, it just milks a high kdr stealing kills or does nothing at all. How is that useful?

I would suggest to remove the class, because in it's current state, it really doesn't bring anything to the game, and I think giving engineers the recon built in to their turrets and hacking would be pretty nice to make the class a bit more useful in it's role.

Now you and another also claim the 1hk is balanced because it's hit or miss. Well, launchers were hit or miss too no? Pretty sure their reload was longer than a sniper re-chamber time, but ofc, I may be totally wrong. And the peekaboo tactic used by rocket primaries is exactly the same thing used by CQC snipers, they just don't have a few seconds of invisibility to position their shot.

And generally, I get some weapons are a bit more forgiving, but even if you do miss a bullet with them, you're still putting yourself at a nice disadvantage.

As for smgs, I know they are common pool close range weapons, I've auraxed all of the for each faction more than once, including the HVA directives. The cloak enables you to reach that optimal range easier than any other class (seems pretty logical).

Most players want to make certs, maybe even contribute to their team, which is why thankfully not everyone plays infil. So yeah that's why there's maybe less skilled infils than medics/heavies (and still, I'd like to confirm that).

Would you mind explaining at what ranges the infil weapons are ineffective? Because last time I played, I recall snipers being 1hk from knifing range far past the range of any carbine/lmg/ar (255m), and remain 2 shot kills even past that.

As for the hypothetical thing about the 20 second darts, 20 seconds is pretty long in a battle. That's why if you test the a7 infravision injection thing, it has the same duration. Sure, it could be buffed a bit, but the engineer definitely won't have to sit there constantly pumping em out. Even if he did, he would be accomplishing the same thing as the infiltrator, who would have to sit on an ammo pack and be pretty much useless once he's fired those darts.

The point was the class is useless, remove it. Many infil mains whined, so now I'm just pointing out things that make it more powerful, and also noting it's the class that keeps getting buffed, and hasn't been nerfed alongside with air, compared to every other playstyle in the game. But yeah, IMO, the class can be removed and the gameplay will only be improved.
  17. That_One_Kane_Guy

"I simply find Infiltrator boring and unfair"
    /thread

Tell you what, OP. Go here, type in your player ID and tell us what percentage of your deaths have been to snipers. If it's more than 10% I will genuinely be surprised.
  18. Scroffel5

Still complaining about Infiltrators, I see. The way I see it, you don't need snipers in a game, just as you don't need shotguns or LMGs. Y'know what? Lets remove everything anyone has ever complained about and see what we end up with. Or better yet, lets just only keep revolvers and HAs in the game. Lets make the TTK on every character 3 seconds long, get rid of all vehicles, and make the map way smaller. Lets make it cycle maps every 10 minutes, take away a faction, and make a Capture the Flag gamemode. Hey, we can even make a Battle Royale gamemode.

Planetside is Planetside. Infiltrators are alright. If people could actually play as a tactical unit instead of redeploying if they can't take a base instantly, you'd have a greater use for sniper Infiltrators. Plus, having even one Infiltrator is a big help in a team, as you then have access to Recon tools.

I don't think you get that each class plays a role in a squad. They have different synergies, sure, but each class is beneficial to a team. If you have a problem with Infiltrators being able to instantly headshot you while being invisible on YOUR screen, how about you try to fix that instead of trying to get rid of or destroy a whole class based on that? If you have a problem with BASRs, why not fix those? Honestly, I see no need in trying to fix them. Big whoop. You got killed by a guy from super far and you cant pinpoint his location. So what? Respawn and don't make the same mistakes.
  19. TRspy007

Don't make the same mistakes...?

There's no engagement, you, you can't really "learn from your mistake" as you would when dealing with a normal class. Really, what mistake is the to learn from when you get instagibbed by a dude you had no hope of seeing, or even firing back at if by some miracle you did?

Don't try to look at it from a "we'll I'm an infil main so there's nothing wrong with the class and it could use a buff and this guys completely out of his mind". Actually take a second to reflect about the game, and contrast every other class with the infiltrator.
  20. TRspy007

Based on your thingy, snipers (not including friendlies) are related to 7.6% of deaths. OFC, this is an old character, so I checked with a newer alt (because now that infils are so ... weak, almost every other dude is an infil) and it's 11,33%, which makes a bit more sense.

Am I bad, yeah, do I dislike infils, sure, but it doesn't change the fact there's something wrong here, and no shame in pointing it out. Even if they accounted for less than 10% of the deaths, what does that matter? I'm pretty sure hackers count for less than 1% of deaths, that doesn't change the fact people complain about them like there's a dozen at every base.

The fact their ability is to abuse of clientside means it doesn't matter for how many deaths they account for, the class is simply not suitable for the game. And no, unlike shotguns, tanks, and almost every other thing in the game, there's no "counter" to infils.