Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Littleman

The game really shouldn't focus on ground based AA to take on air... it just does because the control scheme and physics mechanics and load out options for air places the skill floor and skill ceiling so outrageously high it's impractical to expect players to pick up flying an ESF just to shoot down other ESF, thus the rampant ground based easy mode AA. Just as tanks are the more realistic option for engaging tanks (because face it, heavy's and MAX suits can't keep up with a retreating tank,) air should have been the more realistic option for engaging air... unfortunately, like with tankers using HE shells before they were nerfed into oblivion, ESF would rather point their noses downward towards infantry than duel each other in their "honaburu sky duels" they claim to love so much.

Yes, an individual lock-on or flak isn't super effective, but then, a single tank or heavy assault isn't likely to tear up too many other tanks unless their targets are completely oblivious or too far from effective cover to escape the beat down. When it comes to vehicles, it's very much a volume of fire thing. The exception being attacks from the rear flank (only for some vehicles at that) and C4 (and C4 is very strictly an over reaching and/or bad placement issue on the driver's part) both of which are opportunistic variables, not constants.

Only in the infantry world is a one on one over quick through conventional means. Of course, EVERYTHING dominates infantry in an instant. So they kind of have a right to b***h. Coincidentally, everything in the game is balanced around infantry being able to handle it, because infantry is the primary perspective of the game (failing that, the game withers away pretty quick, because there are better flight and tank sims out there.) "Combined arms" is just a bullet point.
  2. Cyropaedia

These Air threads are insane asylums.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Yes, because WANTING COUNTERS TO DO WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO, is crazy.
  4. Cyropaedia

Oversimplified notion. Again, insane asylum.
  5. Pelojian

The entire world is the chaos warp, insane asylum is a complement compared to the rest of the world.
    • Up x 2
  6. Scr1nRusher

Its reality.

AA doesn't ******* work at all.

Libs & Gal's shrug it off.

ESF's(and libs) can afterburn away.

Flares & Fire suppression can make them live.

Air is imbalanced because the COUNTER DOESN'T COUNTER.
  7. thed1rt

This could easily be remedied by having a "Chased enemy away" bonus and the higher threat you chase away the bigger the reward.

Could be rewarded when enemy resuplies and gets full health. Sorta like a (didnt get the kill but used up enemy ammunition and repair time back at base) reward. Plus like you said, helping your team not get dominated. But id prolly just do it if AA makes planes run a screen away give a "Chase Away" bonus.

The game can reward 2 skilled players who shoot eachother and realize they should run from eachother and fight a bit later.
  8. Cyropaedia

Shot down 2 Gals and 2 Mossies with my Dual Burster Max within 15 minutes over a hex. ineffective?

Do I have to tell my life story with each thread? :p
  9. Cyropaedia

P.S.

Pilots pull AA when an Ace is dominating the sky.

This is not some exclusively Air vs. Ground dichotomy.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Nice tall tail.

That shows that there is a problem.

If Air can dominate a place to such a point, that people have to use G2A to get it away for a abit or die trying.
  11. Cyropaedia

Not a tale. You can look at my Burster kills on PS2 Players.

When I say Ace, I say A2A Ace (like Donalfrago or Avattz or AutomatedDrone on Connery).
  12. SW0V

I don't even know why I bother replying to your threads.

How is "removing the threat from an area" any different from "removing the threat from an area".

Oh yes... the stupidity continues:

Because when there is a HE MBT/lightning.... NO ONE EVER PULLS AV.... am I right? Who could have guessed that you would need to use a weapon that can counter the thing you're trying to counter!
  13. Scr1nRusher

One kills, the other still lives.

That is the difference.

Oh yes... the stupidity continues:

AV actually is good at killing the Targets.
  14. Scr1nRusher

How often do you use AA?

You should try a 1 month challenge of using all AA weapons.
  15. Cyropaedia

After a month of AA, I will run a month of AV Max then a month of AV Turret then a month of AI Turret. Lol.
  16. SW0V

And again I say. That is a difference that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. You only believe that it matters because your precious KPM or KDR goes down.

But what you lose in KDR/KPM your team makes up for in territory owned and people not getting farmed. What difference does it make if the enemy ESF is kept at a health 500m away or if he's at the WG waiting for resources? Absolutely no difference!
  17. Scr1nRusher

It absolutely matters & its not about K/D.

You ******* destroyed something, its not going to come back in the same place for a while.
  18. SW0V

Clearly you don't know anything about this game That's exactly what you do when you die. As infantry, as aircraft, as ground vehicles.

Doesn't matter. It's all replaceable.
  19. Cyropaedia

ESFs and Libs cost 350/450 Nanites. They need durability. A good pilot or a good tanker should be able to survive for a bit. Perhaps you are equating ESF/Lib survivability to Infanty or Max survivability.
  20. Cyropaedia

Since All Access/Premium players receive double Nanite regeneration, I doubt we will see a real tweaking of 350+ Nanite Vehicles for awhile.