Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Infantry fear AI

Vehicles fear AV

Aircraft are just mildly annoyed at it & then lately complain how its hurting "muh Airgaems".
    • Up x 8
  2. Reclaimer77

Correct.

That's because Air doesn't HAVE a counter in this game.
    • Up x 6
  3. TheFlamingLemon

Especially AI guns from ESFs and liberators.

Sometimes debatable. Flashes and harassers don't really have to worry about much at all. Lightnings are vulnerable as heck to pretty much everything, though. MBTs, it really depends. Raven maxes are a pretty big problem here, but most things they can escape from. Of course, every ground vehicle is completely screwed facing a liberator.

I feel like the whole air system in the game needs to be redone, even if it pisses off skyknights who want to be able to hover over 12-24 fights and farm endless infantry without any risk, and liberators who want to stay practically unkillable. This was basically my opinion, although not all of this is 100% great. Overall though, the air to ground and ground to air system is one that won't be fixed with something easy.

Well there's always bigger air :p
    • Up x 2
  4. TheRealNattyIcePS4

Infantry are the only people that constantly cry about everything...
    • Up x 2
  5. Alkasirn

Since ANTs are going to be a thing relatively soon...

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. Cyropaedia

This is like your 8th Anti-ESF/Lib thread. Doesn't the forum guidelines warn against multiple threads on the same subject?

If Scrin was a dev, Air Game and Combined Arms would no longer exist apparently. It is an obssesion/crusade with a new Anti-ESF/Lib thread about every month.
    • Up x 1
  7. Nehlis

I don't understand how people still think like this, as both a dedicated flak gunner and someone who's started air only recently (honestly to learn better flak strategies). Having a single skyguard prevents esfs from coming close to a battle, pair it up with a lockon or another AA gun of any kind creates a fairly solid no fly zone, mitigating their effect almost totally. Sure, AA is unglorious and far from a kill farm but if nobody does it only then do you get farmed.
    Seriously, having one flak gun prevents lolpodders from coming close, two prevents Libs, and 3 will cut a Gal drop prematurely.
    Pick up a skyguard, spend some time on it to learn the weapon well or invest in a Air lock on rocket launcher. Flares are often sidelined by fire suppression, but rockets do about 40% of an ESF. Flying in an ESF, most of my ground deaths come from lockons after i've been weakened. Most of the time though only one person is actually using a lock on, giving me time to come in, blow something up, fly out and survive with some damage. Whenever two people focus me down usually I'm out without a shot or dead after trying.

Yes you cannot snipe people out of the air and yes the skyguard is weak against everything else. People are complaining that they can't get kills because air won't come close; that means you're doing you job properly. You don't have an AA rifle, you've got an AA smg, use it like one.
    TL DR: AA is only "weak" because ground game does not use it.
    • Up x 3
  8. DooDooBreff

make sure to tell your mom on him too
  9. Cyropaedia

He is so mean to me. Telling my mom. Mommy....

Edit: There are so many well thought out (for and against) responses on his other Air threads that I am starting to wonder whether he is making new threads because he wants to white wash those arguments or be the loudest guy in the room. Or, maybe his biggest hits (views) are Air threads.
  10. Scr1nRusher

Actually I massively support combined arms in PS2.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Thats because they are everythings food source.

Ok....... there is a difference between a counter & a deterrence.

Counter kills.

Deterrent scares.

Your bias is clouding your views on the subject.
  12. Cyropaedia

Oh ok. Let's refine this. You support Combined Arms but only after Air gets nerfed into extinction.
  13. SW0V

As someone who flies often, and is part of a flyer community. I constantly hear "F*** locks" or "F***ing flak". Sure.... there's no counter to destroy air, but you can completely shut air out of an area with just a couple of burster/skyguard/SAM heavies. The problem is that being on AA duty doesn't net you kills/xp/excitement and so no one does it. Then when the Anti-air game is abandoned people on the ground are surprised the vultures swoop down for free farm.

Again, this isn't a problem with the air-to-ground or ground-to-air game. It's a problem with the overall game meta and the focus on getting kills.
    • Up x 1
  14. Reclaimer77

The only hard counter to air, is air.

That is NOT combined arms. Learn what things mean before you blurt them out randomly please.
    • Up x 4
  15. Cyropaedia

I have reiterated my position with specifics in several of your Air threads. I am more annoyed that you feel the urge to create new threads as if dozens of pages of discussion on the same subject matter didn't happen.
  16. Cyropaedia

You are basing your argument purely on subjective anecdotal experience. To an ESF pilot in a 48-96 or 96+ fight he is dead on arrival. In a 24-48 results are mixed. In 12-24 or less, sure he has an advantage but a lone person pulling Skyguards/Dual Burster/Annihilator can damage or destroy.

Let's be honest. How often do you pull Skyguards/Burster Max or fly ESF? Or are you the Heavy that expects other to do it?
  17. freeAmerish

I say it again.
    Try to attack a base today with an ESF BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP.
    Times of carefree farming are gone through nerfs and Swarm. Also when construction system will
    be online you should be able to create enough no go zones for vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  18. Scr1nRusher

Ah no.

I want AA to actually do its job, ESF's to do its job as A2A, Libs to be A2G, Galaxies to have resistances balanced & Valks to be the CAS aircraft its supposed to be.
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

Do you understand how flawed that is?

You are not actually getting rid of the thread, you are just making it go away for a minute.

Right, so you hear all that AA but all that AA isn't stopping you dead.

Also the "carefree farming" still happens.......because AA isn't AA, its AD.
  20. Cyropaedia

You are just going to move the goal posts when ESF pilots migrate to Libs/Valks and Valks become A2G farming machines (ala moving ESF weapons thread). People adapt. Just follow everything to their logical conclusion.