Air is the only thing that doesn't fear its counter.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Badname707

Yeah, I'd be okay with lock ons dodging the first 100m of obstacles. **** frustrates me too.
    • Up x 1
  2. Savadrin

I'll give you that if you decrease the effective range of ground locks.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jake the Dog

How about a separate shorter range launcher...
  4. Savadrin

lol.

Really, the annoyance to me about ground locks is that the projectile:target velocity ratios and escape options are not proportional.

That said, I don't actually want a ground lock nerf at all, because without them, rockets would be pointless against any good harasser without a) cheating or b) the driver having narcolepsy.

I just feel like I have to drive two hexes away to escape the billion lock tones I get on any given day :D
  5. Jake the Dog

My outfit has a general rule to stay at or above 400msl, to avoid lock-ons.
  6. Savadrin

Hehe, I'm talking about G2G locks ;)
  7. Gundem

Because the sky isn't full of air.

The stats even tell us that Aircraft kill very little of the total vehicles spawned in the game.

Literally a 30 second search on Oracle of Death tells us that Liberators kill less then 1% of all vehicles in the game.

This combines Sunderers, MBTs of all factions and Lightnings.

So no, I am not biased. I am merely correct. People tend to confuse those sentiments.
  8. Savadrin

It's too bad that it doesn't track total damage done from sources as well. Not that it may even change the numbers that much, but it'd be a nice thing to see anyway.
  9. CrazyFrog

ESF's are easy to take down and libs can be easy enough as well,infact ive killed more libs than ESF's lol
  10. Scr1nRusher

Air don't care

Ground gets pound.
  11. Moridin6

i always get wrecked by another air source usually withing 2 min of flying from warpgate lol

please someone take me to these magic farming places :/
  12. TheMightyGomora

That solution will depend on how much of a decrease you are talking about. Too much and the problem with ground locks will just go towards another place.
  13. o0CYV3R0o

Air is constantly harrassed by everything from everywhere but like Infiltrators air is a minority often drowned out by the majority even when they may have a point.

Not sure why DBG nerfed flak though as flak wasn't a issue.

The only thing i'd like as a part time pilot is more of a ability to avoid lockons once they've locked like in Battlefield currently lockons hit 80% of the time once locked.

But like many things the experience might be different on pc.
  14. Savadrin

Mostly I'm just looking to not have to drive into the next hex away to get past them, lol. I'd drop them by 50m, maybe 75 and see what it felt like. It's not even about not wanting to be hit, it's about the literal inability to escape/evade at times. Afterburners will get you out of lock range, but harasser turbo won't and there's nothing faster.