Wrel has officially joined the Daybreak team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaengar, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Zen_Master

People use humility and other virtues as a tool of self-promotion. A pastor promotes his humility and charity to appeal to his congregation and their tithes. A savvy social media YouTuber is going to do the same for his followers.
  2. SpartanPsycho

yes......
    I know what's your point?
    • Up x 1
  3. MurgNC

I see this as a good thing.

I've enjoyed Wrel's videos and he clearly knows a lot about the game.
    • Up x 3
  4. WTSherman

Oh, neat. I hope it goes well for him. And since he's such a public personality maybe we can convince him to give us a look at what the heck the dev team is thinking behind the scenes.

It does smell like a PR-driven pick, but hopefully it'll turn out well on the balance.

And Scrin, this isn't about "going with the crowd". I've put up plenty of ambitious, high-risk ideas that could have overturned or overhauled core gameplay elements dramatically, but I don't have the reputation you do. Because I'm not a jerk about it, I show my work, and I adjust when I make mistakes (which does happen because I often do rushed calculations while writing the post).

I'm quite happy seeing the direction the construction system is starting to go. I can see little elements of my old logistics and fortification threads (like how the walls and bunkers are designed) and it makes me smile. Probably a coincidence, but I like to think I helped.
    • Up x 3
  5. Blippy

Change your signature. It does not need to be four times longer than your posts.

Jesus Christ.
  6. Goretzu

Hiring anybody is probably a good thing....... and I agree with Wrel more than I disagree with him (although I would say he is wrong sometimes).

Having said that anyone thinking he'll be riding in on white charger to slay Dragons of Pantsgameplayness [IMG] is probably misleading themselves.

For one they aren't going to hire someone with little to no experience and put him in charge (at least I hope they're not), and secondly it is very easy for anyone to criticise a company from the outside (even completely fairly and justly), because once you're on the inside you then have to work within the constraints of said company (money, management, profit forcasts etc.) and no one sets out to make a bad game, they try to make the best game they can.
  7. Scr1nRusher

Well..................
    • Up x 1
  8. Atorum

NC biased player joins developer team, this will end well.....
  9. bubbacon

Wrel is a VS Homer...Here comes Higby 2.0
    • Up x 1
  10. Movoza

Yes I put you down to lure you out to finally show the skill you've been talking about. So far you've never shown anything that I'm aware of. Talking about games that fail won't impress me. I know that a great many games, or just idea's in general, might be well designed, but fail for a plethora of other reasons. So I wouldn't look at how failed your game is, I would look at how good your design is.
    So either show the skill, or don't bring it up at all. These forums are anonymous, which means anyone can just say that they are successful in whatever, but you'll not get any credit from me without proof.

I find that he does. He has many criticisms on the game. Although at first he shares an opinion, he then explains why he's of this opinion and gives arguments that are often well founded. I might not always agree with him, but I can at least see where he's coming from. He then proceeds to one or more solutions to the problems, which he then supports with opinions and arguments that are often also well founded.

Hilarious.

I understand the confusion for you. The fact is that Wrel has demonstrated some skill in design, but you don't see that. Design starts off as idea's, and Wrel shows clearly that he has what it takes to think in the right way about design. Constructive and with multiple solutions at the ready. He also shows regard to the metagame, thinking about the influence of multiple changes at the same time.
    Wrel now has to prove those skills within the company, and not just to think about the user their perspective. It will be interesting to see how this will turn out. Rest assured that if Wrel isn't the correct fit for the role, that he will not work there for long.

So you are dodging again, not showing any actual skill.
    Also, if you do make the game better, why would people hate you? That is of course besides the fact that with change there will always be people hating you for it. We'll disregard those.

My statement doesn't contain any reference to constructive criticism. Here straight from a wikipedia page. Yes they aren't the best source, but will do:
    "Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome."
    Now lets look at the next two:
    Is spitfire useless?
    Is spitfire useless?
    The first two reactions from you in this thread. Do you see anything that might solve the problem stated? Any good reasoning? Positive and negative comments? Not oppositional? Does is actually suggest any improvement to the outcome?
    All no. There is nothing worthwhile in the comments.
    the next:
    Is spitfire useless?
    Functionally effective! Now we are getting somewhere!
    Wait that is the whole comment. Only oppositional quotes that aren't supported by anything.
    The numbers 28 and 29 also don't offer anything but your opinion. 32 and 33? Nothing. The rest of the thread? All your comments are empty opinions spouted again and again.

If you really think you give constructive criticism and are a good designer, I still have to see it. No proof of either.
    Wrel on the other hand has shown at least the inkling of skill, which he probably demonstrated some more for the team before he got accepted.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

Holy **** dude, you are mentally lost.
  12. Reclaimer77

Scr1...dude. Will you just stop?? It's embarrassing reading your jealousy and bitterness exposed like a raw nerve for all to see this way. Do you even realize how you sound here?

• Up x 2
  13. Scr1nRusher

Oh dear god.

This isn't bitterness & Jealousy.
  14. Poppington

Doesn't he openly admit to being VS biased since that's where he has spent the majority of his play time before he made a conscious effort to play multiple factions.
  15. Reclaimer77

Ok you can lie to yourself, but don't lie to me please.

So what is it then?? You're going on and on about why you think you're more qualified than Wrel for a position that you weren't even offered.

You can't sit here and say you aren't making it personal. It's obvious from you posts you are.
    • Up x 1
  16. WetPatch

I for one actually think its hilarious to watch you implode like this, even your minions you seemed to have gathered to you have stopped defending you.
    • Up x 1
  17. Scr1nRusher

Implode?

I've stated several times in this thread that I wish Wrel the best, but I am greatly concerned from past experience & how this looks from the PR perspective.
  18. Scr1nRusher

I'm not lying.

Also, Wrel went to the DBG headquarters a few times & was doing work with DBG since November(which is before he visited).
  19. Reclaimer77

That's BS. You are NOT just being objectively concerned about the game. To you this is personal.

Own it. Stop being a coward!
    • Up x 1
  20. Scr1nRusher

I am concerned for the game. You have someone hired due to youtube videos, who has no game design experience....... now working on game design for a professional game company.

Its not personal.