0.75ADS and in-combat medkit use are abominations and need to be removed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Jul 21, 2015.

1. ATRA_Wampa-One

Only the PPA was shown to be vastly outperforming it's counterparts?

Meanwhile the only 0.75 ADS LMG that's vastly outperforming other weapons is the Betelgeuse, but that also has the heat mechanic and I've posted a ton of times THAT is why it's over-performing.

But lets go through that list.

Technology Ok... not really a faction trait that translates into anything unique like ultra high ROF or ultra high damage guns.
    spandex Our butts look fabulous when where're winning, yes
    Lasers Um... ok. Not seeing how that's a good thing or a bad thing, it's just different.
    overall accurate weapons Hmm, see previous posts on the matter
    high rate of fire TR's is higher, not to mention we have zero 600 ROF 167 weapons while the TR actually get one (yes I know it's burst but still)
    fast reload More of a detriment since we also have the lowest damage per magazine and as a result lowest damage per minute.
    lasers Listed twice
    batteries Why do you think we have all the hot ladies?
    high velocity ( because i die often when i already dodged the lasers but still die neway, and yes this mostly happens when fighting vs, never nc or tr.. i know most of u noticed this also) Actually the NC have the highest velocity, not the VS.
  2. Hatesphere

Med kits should just never have been on the HA. The amount of times I see an average player light up a heavy only to have him hop like mad, inject a kit and laugh all they way the the cert bank is absurd (hell I do it all the time to when I play heavy). Literily unless you are fighting another heavy most of the time your average player runs out of mag and can't even kill the heavy, you can finish the poor sod easily.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bearlover

You put this reply in purple, thats a trait. What makes a faction unique is not good enough for u ? U need an " advantage " to keep up? U have a heat mechanic weapon that totally made it different from the starter lmg orion.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes, faction traits are an advantage that have a trade off.

200 damage weapons that can 3 headshot someone is an advantage even if they do have a low ROF.

40 round magazine AR/Carbines are an advantage even if they do have a longer reload time.
    • Up x 1
  5. Eternaloptimist

Nah, medkits allow me to live about 10 minutes longer,,,,,,,,OK so I'm not that good. I used resto kit when I was free to play as it took so much longer to accumulate certs and they were cheaper to buy. 0.75 ADS? well I don't think I am good enough to have noticed the difference. I guess what I'm saying is that these issues are more apparent to the higher skill players. I suspect that if you are up there with the birds it is an issue but if you are down there with the bricks like me................meh.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bearlover

So u think having .75 ads on lmgs is a vs only faction trait ?
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

I'm saying that if it's not that like other have posted then what is our faction trait since even after the proposed LMG changes go through we still won't have an LMG faction trait.
  8. Bearlover

Dude u only think heavy assault in ur mind like the rest of the hive mind of VS. .75 ads is not a faction trait only for VS. Like how shotguns USED to be an NC only faction trait but then the devs made weapons for all factions to have shotguns, same can be said for bolt actions and lock on launchers. Everything, every faction is getting a mix of everything sometime soon or later eventually.

Either u give .75 ads to TR and NC ( while replacing gauss saw with gd22s ) and u will see how balance finally plays out IN the heavy assault match up.

Or remove it altogether. U still have ur lazers which makes u uniquely different in the game ? Trait? U have accuracy, high damage from rof and high velocity to back it up.

U r more accurate than tr and nc lmgs in medium range. Do u still need .75 ads to compete?

Dont u see its all about heavy assaults in this game mostly? The i win shield heavy assault wins most engagements in infantry combat.
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

You're aware that in addition to having the Betelgeuse I also have the Eclipse, Parsec, and LA faction armor right?

Also, see a previous post of mine as to why the VS actually doesn't have "accuracy" as you so claim.
    • Up x 2
  10. Bearlover

Again u only think of urself, so single minded just like the hive mind of vs ( noticed i said that twice?)

Other than u i play for planetside. I wish to see what the majority should see, a balance for all factions. The bigger picture.

Cant u see vs is totally dominating leaderboards, alerts in all continents, worlds/servers ?

And since when did u get those stats ? Do u know what beta is ? Since this game for the devs is still in beta ? " everything is subject to change ". Accuracy changes for every weapon every other week , thats why irrelevant.

So those stats however recent or late they are , are irrelevant. We are talkin about an issue thats been since been overlooked for a very long time.
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

To be honest, I've only noticed english isn't your first language.

I agree, there should be faction balance. Only if you look at LMG performance the three best ones at BR100 are the Betelgeuse, Anchor, MSW-R in that order.

/y GINYU FORCE RULES!

And no, VS is actually struggling on the Australian server so that kind of totally throws your argument out the window.

Got it, you don't care about facts or anything else, VS needs to be nerfed because outfits like mine play the objective better than other ones.

It's easier if you just say you want to remove 0.75 ADS because you want the VS to be nerfed.
  12. Scr1nRusher

If you remove 0.75 ADS off everything that has it, all empires get "nerfed". lol
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

VS would be nerfed more than others, so this would be a VS nerf by another name.
  14. Bearlover

Again, stats change everyday for most weaponry. Look at all the patch notes ffs, notice the bloom, rof, reload, magazine, etc changes to those specific weapons every week or every other week?? The .75 ads issue has been an issue longer than a year and you post stats that has been changed a week or two ago. Notice the difference??

VS is struggling on the aussie server?? Meaning they arent DOMINATING like the other servers so they are struggling now?

Are u an english teacher now ? Why? cuz im typin on my fone and using letters u instead of you ? Ffs jus read what u can, roflmaocopter

You say i want the vs nerfed because for u its a threat. U might actually have to fight people that can fight back now. So u have to step up ur game which u dont want to because u r holding on to an advantage for a particular class that everyone abuses to farm k/d and grow their epeen for their oversized ego. But u know ... i only want what the majority needs.
  15. Scr1nRusher

How would it nerf VS more the others? They aren't the only empire with 0.75 ADS weapons.
  16. Dualice

I believe he's referring specifically to their LMGs, as the only ES ones with .75 ADS capability are the SVA-88 and Orion (EDIT and Betelgeuse of course).

This is by the by, but a quote from another user, taken from a thread regarding empire balance that I thought summarized the Orion very nicely:

• Up x 1
  17. Bearlover

The bases we currently have favor these kinds of weapons
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Those are proposed changes and not on live.

Yes, that's what it means.

Also there is no indication that equipment is what's causing the VS to dominate as teams using VS equipment do not dominate Server Smash and Farmers league.

Oh god no.

I'm a math guy.

Again, there is nothing that indicates that it's the VS's equipment that makes them dominant outside of maybe the Betelgeuse, which is one LMG behind a 5800 kill wall, so vastly more difficult than just saving up 1000 certs.

Until you can prove that VS has an advantage because of it's equipment (like VS dominating Server Smash or Farmers League which it doesn't) then the only possible reason why the VS dominate live isn't because of the equipment but because of the factions organization and individual player skill.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

VS have more 0.75 ADS weapons that the other empires, therefore it would be nerfing the VS more than other empires.

It would be the same thing if 167 damage weapons were nerfed. Every empire has them, but the NC would be nerfed more than other empires.
  20. Hatesphere

I would like to point out weapon stats done change as much as you claim. The biggest change recently was the burst weapon reballance, and that made everyone's bust weapons better. They are hardly changing accuracy every week.

In the grand scheme of the ngs VS accuracy tends to be on par with the TR on a lot of their weapons. The man diffrance being vs has a few better on the move weapons (retain a bit more accuracy while moving). Your claim of godly vs accuracy is amusing.