[Suggestion] To all Infiltrators that snipe

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMouse

Hello.

I almost exclusively play LA. LA is an awesome class, a real adrenaline pumping experience.

Of all PS2 flaws, it's still the only game I play. PS2 is also awesome, unique and crazy fun. It allows for experiences like dropping in on a group of enemies, knifing a few, several well placed head shots in a single clip, jet-packing away then another entrance through an unexpected point to surprise your enemies, cause a little more mayhem and then, if everything goes well, walking away alive. Truly memorable moments. You fight against all odds and somehow win. Wow. You feel incredible. And then, after a killing streak of 20+ kills, you get sniped from a crouching, stealthing coward from accross a hill who's not even IN the fight. He's camping for cheap kills.

LA has high skill ceiling, is a bit difficult to master and requires great reflexes/reaction time, situational awareness, great aim and timing. Sniping requires what... Patience for an enemy player to stop running for a moment?

I don't mind fighting MAXes. But campers disgust me. Don't you feel bad about yourselves? Suggestion: How about you try growing balls and actually getting INTO the fight?

Notice: Stalker Infiltrators who play aggressively, SMG Infiltrators who play aggressively and even sniper Infiltrators who play aggressively (met just a handful of those) and can land head-shots in CQC have my respect.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheRealNattyIcePS4

So basically you got killed a couple times by a sniper and now you are mad. Git guud m9 yur r an newp
    • Up x 8
  3. IronMouse

No, you are missing the point. But I don't expect better from a sniper-mindset anyway, so I'll try to break it down for you: I get killed plenty. And I don't mind being killed. My play-style begs for enemies to kill me. I expose myself often (not in a naughty way, I know you'll get it wrong again ;) ) and rush enemy infested bases. I get overwhelmed frequently.

Being killed by a coward who's miles away from the fight, safe, who you cannot see or suppose he's there - I do mind. It is not fun. It doesn't feel fair. It's cheap and distracts from the fight.

There. All colorful and shiny for you to understand better. :)
  4. Pointyguide2

no your just complaining about snipers.
    the invisible camper thing has been fixed when they introduced that red highlight on map in death screen.
    when you get killed by anybody it shows you where they shot from
    so you can go in that general direction and hunt them down
    I have done that to countless people.
    • Up x 3
  5. Pointyguide2

oh and they are not a coward in this game
    other games sure
    its an important class.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rikkit

so you can just keep moving and ignore the sniper, and make him and his friends waste their time.
    (as you said, when they hit you while moving from "miles away" it's not that skill less)
    Or you waste your time and hunt that sniper.

and ohh after some time, you will know where the sniper will sit. So if they are such a problem for you, you can go out for a hunt before they fire their first shot.
    And just in case you're a noob, who can't deal with snipers, just use a vehicle...
    • Up x 1
  7. Kronnion

They are and no not reaaally important..everyone can spot (Snipers. The rest of the Infils are important right)
    • Up x 1
  8. Jubikus

Some people would consider anyone that doesn't do head on engagements a coward a light assult hopping off a roof to shoot a bunch of people in the back fits into this catagory.
    You clearly dont like sniping so ill explain the certain set of skills sniping require in addition to a risk reward comarison.

Sniping require several things patience, good positioning,situation awareness ( so you dont get gibbed by light assults or other infiltrators) planning is many cases ( putting claymores/bouncing betties/prox mines in places your likely to be attacked from ) , and above all else good aim many people have the false idea that aiming well is an easy thing and well for a stationary target it is but that mistake is only made by noobs and enemy snipers good players never stand still this means you have to be good at leading and guessing as at any good distance the slightest change from a straight path your leading on will make you miss if your aiming for the head if your aiming for the body you will have to land 2 shots for a full health target and landing the first one will usually make landing the second one mostly shooting at him and crossing your fingers as they will likely be doing the circle dance making the fallow up shot well mostly luck because im not a mind reader his movements are erratic.

Now lets just lay down the fundamental difference between how you play Light assult and the way i play sniper. The way you play it is high risk high reward you pounce on the enemy kill a few float around while reloading kill some more your in the fray so your in much more danger but you also get many more targets. Sniping is low risk low reward targets in buildings are invalid unless there's a window and they are looking out of it and you can shoot them before they arnt anymore many people are always moving and if someone stops you have to hope its in your line of sight you can take pot shots at moving targets but unless you headshot landing a second shot will be difficult because they will be doing evasive maneuvers. You simply dont get kills very fast except for a few ideal situations where you have an angle on a sundy thats behind a rock under heavy siege so many people are next to the sundy in cover but cant really leave or they get shelled by a tank. Basically what im trying to say is on a usually basis you might die 4 times before you get 30 kills and we might not have died at all before we got 30 kills the difference is yours took 5-10 minutes wheres ours likely took twice as much time.

In the end what you believe is what you believe its simply an opinion and mine is just different you think me sitting on a hill trying to shoot is cowardly and i believe when i got to a tower base thats being shelled by 3-4 tanks, 2 ESFs, a liberator, and im outpopped and i walk out onto the walkway to pick some people off trying to get into the base to continue the assult to be pretty ballsy only to have some light assult hop off the top of the tower where he was hiding behind the logo so i couldn't see him and put a pump action into the back of my head to be a bit cowardly.
    • Up x 6
  9. Ballto21

alright ill put away the BASR in favor of my beamer

• Up x 4
  10. BrbImAFK

I disagree with this. Yes, you can get snipers who do nothing but farm certs but, you know what? You can get that with any class.

Heavies and MAX's that don't push and just sit there farming kills and certs are just as useless. LA's who don't keep the heights clear, 'cause they're too busy "ambushing" lone dudes are a) useless; and b) going to be dead soon. Etc. etc.

I once nearly-single-handedly turned the tide on an enemy attack on Indar Comm Array. We weren't too badly outnumbered, but enemy had the point, and was rolling battle sundies to it. We kept pushing out and destroying the sundy and reclaiming the point, only to see the next one rolling over the hill. Cue us losing the point again. Even when we got clever and tried flanking armor pushes to trash their AMS's, there was always more armor and sundies rolling from West Highlands.

That's when I took up residence on the hill east of West Highlands with my 12x XM98, 50-odd rounds of ammo and a clear view of the vehicle terminal. By the time they hunted me down and killed me, I was just shy of 30 kills, and had only let four vehicles slip through - only one of which was a sundy - and by then it was too late. We'd cleared them out of Indar Comm, and our zer forces were knocking on the enemy's gates.

I'm not going to claim all the credit. I'm not going to pretend that every bushwookie is a useful addition to the team. But claiming that they all are "crouching, stealthing cowards" who "camp" is utterly re-******'-tarded. In my opinion, that sort of honour should be reserved for lolpodders who farm nicely balanced 1-12vs1-12s until the first sniff of flak or lockon's, then bail to go farm the next one.
    • Up x 2
  11. IronMouse

A light assault "cowardly hopping behind your back" would require superb maneuvering and strategy, including timing, to reach you unexpected, by you AND your faction members. Sitting on top of the hill away from the fight, again, requires nothing. I've tried sniping, of course, and believe me I'm doing great with it. Aim is no problem, because you don't aim under pressure. Try aiming while under heavy fire from multiple directions and getting away alive.

I CHOOSE not to play as a sniper Infiltrator. I am not by any means restricted from that class or play style. I choose so, because of all the said reasons. I'm not pissed at HAs, MAXes, vehicles or the aircraft, farmer's most favorite tool. Not even at snipers who play aggressively, as I already pointed out earlier.. At least they're making an effort and risk something. I am pissed at cowards. Cowards who get rewarded with a kill undeservedly. I don't care if it's a low kill count. It doesn't even have to be, all depends on a situation.

And as someone else here said, I can see the direction I was shot from so that I can hunt an Infiltrator down. Should I really waste my time with ONE camping player somewhere in the middle of nowhere? I could, but I don't want to. On that same note, Infiltrators who snipe from far away are missing on the game - but that's their problem.

In the end, when I'm outpopped I at least TRY taking the base back 10 or so times, before I finally give up and redeploy. I don't switch to sniper to score cheap kills. Hell, one could look at it as stat padding. :p
  12. IronMouse

I never said that they all are. But 99% is. I clearly mentioned that there are ones contributing to their factions, getting their hands dirty, which is so rare it's exotic.

One could argue that each kill counts, and contributes to their faction in a way. In practice, only preventing enemy players to spawn vehicles could count as such. But that's a rare case scenario. I'm not generalizing, I specifically stressed that I loathe sniper-campers sitting outside the battle, scoring cheap kills.

I dislike lolpodders, but AT LEAST they are "in there".
    • Up x 1
  13. BrbImAFK

I went back and reread your posts... and no. No you didn't. You only made a passing reference to the CQC snipers.

Any vaguely competent sniper shoots first at other snipers. If you don't like being sniped, chances are, it's a sniper on your team who saved you. After that are, in general, turret engies. First, they're easy targets and second, especially the AV turret dudes, can be a major threat to your forces. After that, you shoot at rezzing medics, rocketing heavies and repairing engies. If you're good, you take out the moving ones. If not, you're limited to the newbies who stop moving. Either way, you're still eliminating enemy assets and threats to your forces.

Sorry. You're largely wrong about this, and need to get over your raeg.

If, by "in there", you mean floating untouchably above the battle, raining unavoidable death on anybody who sticks his head outside, while retaining the ability to zoom safely beyond combat range should anything appear that might pose a threat to your precious pussywagon. Then, yes... I guess they're "in there".

This doesn't apply, of course, to alerts (where anything goes) or to the really good ones, who can do the above in large 96+v96+ battles, with multiple AA sources etc. But be honest... there's far more who just camp (and screw up) small fights until dudes start pulling AA, then bugger off to ruin another small fight.
    • Up x 4
  14. FieldMarshall

Your argument would hold more weight if you actually tried infil and knew what you were talking about.

You will also never die to a sniper that didnt deserve the kill.
    If someone is sniping you from "outside the battle" as you said, there are only 2 ways to die.
    1. Stand still like an idiot and let yourself get sniped.
    2. Get headshotted while moving around at +250m by someone who knows what they are doing.
    Also lucky shots ofc but that doesent count because it happens to everyone regardless. Either way you deserved to die.

This thread is just a compain thread because you know that the only thing that can challenge you while camping on rooftops for killstreaks are other LAs and Infils.
    Thats right, camping. Obviously you have to be camping if you get sniped by scrubs so much that you have to rage about it on the forum.

Either that, or you dont know any better.
    Nobody with any experience with all classes would make this ridiculous whine thread.
    Get over yourself.
    • Up x 6
  15. IronMouse

"And then, after a killing streak of 20+ kills, you get sniped from a crouching, stealthing coward from accross a hill who's not even IN the fight. He's camping for cheap kills.

Notice: Stalker Infiltrators who play aggressively, SMG Infiltrators who play aggressively and even sniper Infiltrators who play aggressively (met just a handful of those) and can land head-shots in CQC have my respect"

Re-read again, because I have. Only those who are actually a part of the battle can take points, defend points and influence the fight in a useful way. A solo guy staying away in order to not be spotted, covering only a segment of the battlefield, caring only for their personal K/D... Yeah, pretty much parasites.

And I'm not defending lolpodders. I said I dislike them. I don't fly, and don't like being farmed. But they are by no means untouchable, especially when floating as you said.
    • Up x 1
  16. IronMouse

Aggressive replies, nothing unexpected though. I don't camp. Seriously, READ my OP before you reply and assume a bunch of things, incorrectly of course.

Stopping for a moment doesn't make you an idiot. It does get you sniped, though. It's impossible not to stop at least for a brief moment from time to time. Also, I've tried all classes, naturally. Again, read the posts before saying unnecessary, incorrect things.

Not that it matters, but I'm at work and it's a slow day so I'll waste some time on you: I find myself on top of the buildings from time to time because it's a tactical adventage, but by no means am I exclusively camping the rooftops. You can get killed by vehicles, aircraft and ANY other class while "camping the rooftops" - not that I do. So, you aren't correct that only LAs and Infiltrators can kill you while on top of buildings.

Also, if you ARE, say, camping the rooftops, and want to shoot at the folks bellow, you need to have them in line of sight. That means they have you in LoS as well, and have the opportunity to shoot back.

The amount of stupid in your post...
    • Up x 2
  17. Jubikus

Coward maby ive never claimed to be anything else hell you can ask anyone in my outfit i openly call myself a coward however i dont think you get the full picture of what a good sniper brings to a battlefield and trust me theres not many of thees let me break down the Sniper priority list for you.
    1. Take out counter snipers keeps you alive easy kills sometimes light assults coming for you
    2.engineers either on turrets or repairing base turrets this helps keep your armor alive and allows your infantry to get through choke points easier
    3.other poor saps sitting still in cover that you have an angle on aiming rockets at your team or just being dumb delaying anyone is always a good thing.
    4.Spotting and sniping deployables this will usually be tank mines but sometimes beacons and AI mines
    5.Spotting and taking pot shots at moving targets this either kills wounds them or them makes them do the dodge dance so its harder for them to engage in a fight that they will win and at least gives your team a nice little arrow on their minimap so they have an advantage when engaging the target.

you may find us cowards but were not useless some people prefer the slower pace more relaxing role of a sniper and just like the corner camping shotty noobs of COD they are never going to be gone my advice would be to simply get over it and move on.
    • Up x 1
  18. Obscura

yes honestly as long as someone is playing for the objective they aren't being useless, whether thats helping an infantry push on to the point/enemy sunderer, engaging around the point, or harassing enemies to disrupt their push etc. The least useful players are the ones who refuse break stalemates and perpetuate ****** farm fests between 2 sunderers. Meanwhile players who want to change the tide of the battle and don't care about K/D, are watched as they push and die alone over and over again because of "farm". I'll still be that one person trying to push
    • Up x 1
  19. IronMouse

I'm not a CoD noob, as I've never played CoD. Also, I use shotgun only for directives and pretty unwillingly, so that's extremely rare. Also, respect LAs who use shotguns because in order for them to be effective, they need to get close - very close. To do that, they must be unnoticed - again something I already talked about. It's a difficult task, and if they pull it off they deserve the kill.

All the things you mentioned, your priority list - any other class can do. I do it myself. But I'm involved, I take risks and can contribute way more than you do. I understand that there are people who enjoy slower pace of battles. I do too, sometimes. But in that case I pick smaller battles, say... 1-12 or 12-24 ones. I don't ***** out and start sniping from where I won't be noticed. And from where I don't make any difference.

You can defend your play style as much as you like, it won't change the facts that:

1) you are cowards;
    2) you don't influence battles, or at least influence them much less than you would playing any other class. Your "contribution" is insignificant;
    3) the risk you take is nearly non existent;
    4) are only a parasite in this game;
    5) you are just stat-padding your K/D.
    • Up x 1
  20. IronMouse

Right! But how is a camper sniper playing for objectives? One can justify his cowardice all he wants, it doesn't make it true.

Snipers influence nothing other than their personal stats.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.